• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:32 PM

Possibly?
It looks like it's on the beach, so this either means it's not a thrill ride or coaster, or (the more enticing option) the coaster/ride will go out onto the beach and possible over the lake.

Posted Image
CP Mobile

#2 Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Lurking around

• 1290 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:24 AM

It's way too soon to be doing this...

Posted Image
I play too many MMO's and MOBA's

#3 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:28 AM

^Eh, its late July. A bit early, but still fine. This is time where stuff starts popping up and speculation begins.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#4 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

hope its a new coaster if anything

#5 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:13 PM

hope its a new coaster if anything

So do we all captain obvious.

But anyway, I've read thrill ride, coaster (most likely wooden) and that it wouldn't be Intamin. Obviously none of this is confirmed but it's what I've read.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#6 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

Yeah, Cedar Point is in need of a good wooden coaster, and with their good history with GCIs at other parks, I'd certainly say if it is a coaster it's most likely GCI.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#7 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:26 PM

If it does go out on the beach, that would be bad ass. I'm sure it won't though because of constant corosion from tides and sand is just straight up terrible to build on.

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#8 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:56 PM

They do need a woodie considering their one now is terrible.

-RCT2123

Posted Image

#9 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:13 PM

How far into the water could they build, assuming this ride did go into the water? Since they're getting tight on space, then extending into the water would be a great choice.

#10 Legoguy1395

Legoguy1395

Construction Foreman

• 260 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:14 PM

Lemmy guess... Its a launched inverted wooden standup logflume wingrider with 5 loops & 24 immelmans 3 of wicth go through giant potatos.

:D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Skyrush|New Texas Giant|Outlaw Run|Intimidator 305|Bizarro|X2|Voyage|Boulder dash|Leviathan|Maverick

My youtube channel!

#11 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:30 PM

^ Yes.

Posted Image

#12 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:35 PM

So um.... Where's the 5 loops, 24 immelmanns, and the launch?

#13 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:38 PM

lol good drawing steel

but ya they need to get a good wooden roller coaster its really the one thing they lack

#14 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

It isn't inverted....

I hope they do get a new coaster. I really want to try to go here next summer.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#15 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:44 PM

Rumor and logic say that they will take Ocean Motion, the parks hidden swinging ship, and move it to where demon drop used to be. This would increase its ridership by being the first ride that people see. It will also free up a lot of land on that corner of the midway.

There is a possibility that the construction could be for a flat ride. There are still plenty of flat ride types that Cedar Point doesn't have. If it were to be a coaster, it would be by GCI, and a large one at that.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#16 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:44 PM

Rumor and logic say that they will take Ocean Motion, the parks hidden swinging ship, and move it to where demon drop used to be. This would increase its ridership by being the first ride that people see. It will also free up a lot of land on that corner of the midway.

There is a possibility that the construction could be for a flat ride. There are still plenty of flat ride types that Cedar Point doesn't have. If it were to be a coaster, it would be by GCI, and a large one at that.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan

#17 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:58 PM

Hey, Ocean Motion is by the beach.

Makes perfect sense to me.

#18 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:42 PM

wow when you mean hidden you mean hideen i didnt even know they had a swing ship

#19 love4kanex

love4kanex

Architect

• 334 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:52 PM

I bet it will be an extreme kiddy style coaster with waffle-shaped elements and like a syrup splash zone and then a part were you fall out of the train on a 500 foot loop and one person gets run over but all the other people fall safely back into the train. However, those people who thought they were safe when they landed back in the train... they were wrong because the Lochness Monster actually lives in Lake Erie (or w/e lake is buy cedar point) and then the Lochness Monster eats every one! :D. There's my two cents.

I also agree with commando lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coaster Count: 36

Knex Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/love4knex

New channel with funny videos:
http://www.youtube.c...ideosandstuff11

#20 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:37 PM

It really is. Scroll halfway down the page to where Ocean Motion is on here and click on "View on Map":

CP Mobile

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: knex coaster auto lift