Stats Model Statistics
Completed 2011
Coaster Type Wooden Coaster
Height 3.5'
# of Vehicles 1

Photos Photos
Wolverine Wildcat
Video

Description After 3 months of construction, the re-creation of Wolverine Wildcat is finished. It took my friend and I about 300 hours (estimated) to build, 3-4 (we aren't quite sure) rippin rockets, 5 screaming serpents, and a lot of painstaking replication. It was built for our school's variety show, and it was a huge success. It was fun to see people's jaws drop :D. Sadly, it was only up for about a week, and only 2 days at my school. On top of that, we couldn't get a full circuit working until the 2nd day. But in spite of this, it was an awesome experience, and I learned a lot about planning ahead and prioritizing my time, money, and resources wisely. One of the biggest challenges for me was finding God's will for me in this. I had gone through serious questioning of "How can I glorify God through this?" What I found is humility. God's engineering of the universe is far more impressive than this replication of a roller-coaster. Enough said, here are the pictures.

Comments 14 Comments
Photo
alpal
By the way, I have hired someone to make all my final videos, so it will be up this spring break. The video is only an overview test.
  • Mar 30 2011 09:33 PM
Photo
The Stig
This coaster is astonishing! I'm going to say, "Best woodie recre ever!" A truly magnificent model.
  • Mar 30 2011 09:44 PM
Photo
ForgotToGrowUp
Outstanding!!!! Nothing short of excellence. Best woodie recreation ever. Fantastic job on all the details and getting such a long circuit to work. It's great that you got to show it off at school. Do most of the people from your area know the real coaster you recreated? One of the best coasters I've seen on this site. Can't wait for the video.
  • Mar 31 2011 07:30 AM
Photo
HamenChiz
Best woodie ever. I wish my school have a contest like that.
  • Mar 31 2011 08:54 AM
Photo
2015ASM
Probably the best woodie since Rumbler, back a few years ago. But this is definitely the best woodie recre
  • Mar 31 2011 06:29 PM
Photo
Josh Monster
I love how it turned out. In my opinion this is the best woodie re-creation yet.
  • Apr 06 2011 08:15 AM
Photo
alpal
^Ha. You sound like you didn't build it ;)
  • Apr 07 2011 06:15 PM
Photo
kwoolever
HOLY CRAP! THAT'S OFF THE CHARTS IN MY LITTLE BRAIN!
  • Apr 10 2011 10:02 AM
Photo
ForgotToGrowUp
finally got to see the video. The pacing of the coaster is perfect, everything about this is fantastic.
  • Apr 18 2011 09:19 PM
Photo
the_burrito_master
I cant believe i missed the construction of this monster :o You did great man.
  • Apr 27 2011 09:58 PM
Photo
SamIsSoAwsome
still amazing good job :) i love the wolverine wildcat sign
  • Jun 26 2011 10:12 PM
Photo
alpal
The final video is up! Sorry about the bad quality, it is Window's Movie Maker
  • Nov 29 2011 04:26 PM
Photo
Bleach11
HOLY CRAP!
  • Feb 03 2012 12:10 PM
Photo
Fireway
This is one of my favorite k'nex coasters!
  • Feb 15 2012 10:26 AM

Builder Built by alpal

More ModelsSimilar Models