• -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
Photo
Description In 2016, I created a hypertwister with an excitement rating of 14.02, making it the most exciting non-dueling hypertwister ever. This time around, I created another hypertwister and this beast got up to 14.95 excitement... I later added another hypertwister and we now have an excitement of 15.10... I don't think that anyone has ever broken the 15 barrier, but I could be wrong. Right now I'm trying to see how high I can get the excitement rating to go.

Comments 3 Comments
Photo
X7123M3-256

No, you're not even close. Marcel got 327.67, which is also the highest excitement rating that the game can represent, so this record could be matched but will never be beaten (at least until OpenRCT2 gets a new save format).

This was achieved by exploiting an integer overflow in the code that calculates the ratings, but the same guy has got over 90 without relying on any bugs (that I'm aware of). No cheats or custom objects were used for either record.

Getting 15 with a realistic and practical design is very impressive ... but if you build a ride for the sole purpose of getting a high excitement rating, you can go much higher than that.

• Sep 14 2019 04:25 PM
Photo
SCM

Actually the highest excitement rating possible is around 655.10 by using the glitch with the heartline coaster. Whether or not that glitch still works on OpenRCT2 is beyond my knowledge, but it was possible in the original. 

See for yourself.

I'm well aware that the excitement is based on the coding and you can certainly get higher than 15 by doing what you're talking about. 

An excitement rating of 10 isn't all that amazing on a Giga coaster, but an excitement rating of 10 on a Corkscrew coaster has only been done once (to my knowledge). I'm referring to excitements that don't rely on glitches or using the coding to your advantage. I'm referring to excitements for coasters that don't have such extremely repetitive layouts. 

The way those excitement ratings you've linked to are in, as far as I'm concerned, an entirely different area. Those ratings are higher but, as someone who has been playing this for 10+ years, they're not that impressive since the layout is extremely repetitive and rather uninteresting. 

IMO, getting an excitement rating of 14 on a giga coaster with a practical design would be more eye-opening than getting an excitement rating of 96.91 on a giga coaster with a mathematical design. :) 

• Sep 14 2019 05:48 PM
Photo
X7123M3-256

Actually the highest excitement rating possible is around 655.10 by using the glitch with the heartline coaster. Whether or not that glitch still works on OpenRCT2 is beyond my knowledge, but it was possible in the original. 

See for yourself.

I'm aware of that bug, but I forgot the excitement rating was 655. I just assumed Marcel was correct about that being the highest possible because 327.67 is the highest excitement rating that can be represented in a signed 16 bit integer. If it's not the true maximum, that's a big coincidence - I wonder if the original game uses unsigned arithmetic (which would have a maximum value of 655.35) and OpenRCT2 uses signed numbers? In any case, these rides do both rely on exploits.

I'm referring to excitements that don't rely on glitches or using the coding to your advantage. I'm referring to excitements for coasters that don't have such extremely repetitive layouts. 

As far as I'm aware, the second one I linked doesn't rely on any glitches or exploits. It's not a realistic layout but it's impossible to precisely define "realistic", so I don't think that should disqualify it from counting as a record. 15 is extremely high for a practical design, but "practical" is a relative term. It would be interesting to see how high of an excitement you could get while still keeping the ride somewhat realistic, but exactly how high you could go would depend on exactly what you consider "realistic".

An excitement rating of 10 isn't all that amazing on a Giga coaster, but an excitement rating of 10 on a Corkscrew coaster has only been done once (to my knowledge).

I'm fairly sure I had 10+ on a Virginia Reel once (if not, it was close - the design is on my other computer so I can't check right now). I never tried it on the corkscrew - that might be harder but I wouldn't think it would be exceptionally difficult. This is with scenery and landscaping though - getting those numbers with just the bare layout is much more difficult.

• Sep 15 2019 02:47 PM

More PicsSimilar Pics
  •  The Journey
    Throwback Thursday
  •  Personal Record B...
  •  Super Blood Wolf...
  •  Doing some assembly
  •  Lots of Track
    Throwback Thursday
    HOT