Trying Something New, The K'NEX Shop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:32 PM

Came up with the idea for the K'NEX Shop earlier today after seeing something. The goal is to make a trusted place where members can share sell or buy K'NEX without having to go else where.

The K'NEX Shop at SSCoasters

Yes, there is a small fee to sell on the shop, but no value fee like eBay charges. This is to ensure one that someone is serious, and two, to help raise some revenue for the site. Some of the younger members probably don't know it, but we used to give away money for winning contests. With the downturn in the economy, that is no longer possible. My hope we can generate some revenue to actually have prizes again for contests besides just a tag.

So I figure we can give this a try. That said, any other buying or selling on the forum is prohibited outside of the shop. Let's see how it goes.

#2 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:38 PM

This is great BGT. Hopefully people get into this. It was a pain to go throught the process by making a million PMs and stuff. I will buy from there if many people put up stuff or sell some odds and end pieces.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:39 PM

This seems like a great idea, BGT. I was planning on buying a new SS set. Now I know this is where I can buy rather than Ebay. I also like the defined sections of buying, and how the Vertical Vengance has its own section apart from Micro coasters. Again, great job.

Posted Image

#4 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:40 PM

i think that this is a really good idea, i actually noticed the shop link where user cp was, its cool! but where is the user cp button? this could really work out for the site!

Posted Image

#5 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:43 PM

It's not there for you?

#6 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:46 PM