cobra's curse knex micro sonic blizzard speed demon

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:58 PM

Hey I just bought a "Speed Demon Coaster" and I figured I'd share some info on it. It looks pretty good, same as loopiin lightning except I guess Knex decided to do away with the curved track pieces as they give you 15 straights. I don't like this much, i thought the curve pieces were pretty cool. Also, you only get one car with it, and it's orange. There are also 2 other new sets, the "Cobra's Curse" and "Sonic Blizzard" and they are both dueling coasters with 2 cars each. Check it out here if interested: K'NEX Thrill Rides

These 2 sets also look like they only use the straight track pieces. Lame. IDK why Knex wants to only be able to make corners using an overbank (or 90*) style. Also, all 3 sets incorporate mainly the Micro parts, hardly any std. pieces, so if you want all micro, these are the way to go.

Oh, and I am planning on building a micro version of the "Wildcat" at Cedar Point for my next project, so if it has been done let me know and if the name is not taken [Wildcat], I want it. Thanks,

-CD33

#2 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:54 AM

All these Micro Coaster sets look the same... And so unrealistic.

I bought a Loopin' Lightning a couple months ago because I really wanted some curves. But the track had different shaped ends, so poo on that. They don't even offer curved track in the online store. WTF, Knex?

#3 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:26 PM

yeah you would think by now they would have one, at least on of them has a realistic path to the lift

Posted Image

#4 MikeM1991

MikeM1991

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:34 AM

Isn't the Cobra Curse coaster the same layout as the Sonic Blizzard coaster?

and Isn't the Speed Demon coaster the same layout as the Renegade Run?

#5 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:36 AM

^Yes they are. The only difference is that these new ones are using standard size rods and connectors with a couple of standard-to-micro pieces. Much like Loopin' Lightning.

It looks like instead of having one or two really big coasters, they're going to have 4 small builds, each one with something unique.

LL = Curved track
RB = A ton of track & a booster
CC = It's a dueler
SD = Um.... I guess this is the 'basic' model

#6 Coaster105

Coaster105

Lead Engineer

• 1035 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:53 PM

^Yes they are. The only difference is that these new ones are using standard size rods and connectors with a couple of standard-to-micro pieces. Much like Loopin' Lightning.

Actually, if you look closer at the pictures, they are using all micro pieces and no Standard pieces.

I bilieve the only reason for these re-releases, is because the older versions used the track connectors with the metal pins, and these newer ones are accommodating the new style with the plastic connector.

-Coaster105

Youtube Channel

#7 Dabubs

Dabubs

Where is the love?

• 186 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:28 PM

The best VV coasters with standard parts are probably the Serpent's Spiral and Loopin' Lightning.

#8 Dabubs

Dabubs

Where is the love?

• 186 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:38 PM

because I really wanted some curves.

That's What She said, sorry, I had to say that.
Bubba- :P
EDIT: Sorry, thought I was editing my post above.^

Posted Image

^^Thanks Ward!!!^^

#9 larry marak

larry marak

Construction Foreman

• 129 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:52 PM

Stig, you can get all the curved pieces of track you want from K'nex. Just phone in your order, have an instruction manual in front of you, tell the customer service rep what instructions you are looking at, and direct her to the page and item you want. You can get almost any part K'nex has ever made that way, including a number of one shot wonders.