knex never-put-together sets screamin serpent

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

Hey guys I just rec'd by mail today a SS set that I bought on Ebay. The seller listed it as never put together, so obviously I liked that but I was sceptical that it actually was a "never put together set". Well he wasn't lying. The decal sheet was untouched, the train was still in an unopened factory bag, the tubing came wrapped in the factory tape - 4 uncut sections like it should be, looks like the chain was never put together, and the flexi rods were def never used. Even all the rods + connectors were in thier factory bags, but the bags had been opened. Looks like the only things that were ever used were the long grey rods, since they have the classic squished nubs on their ends from pulling apart. It was a good buy at only $33 bucks, got it from gamezilla if anyone wants to try and get one from them in the future, they are no BS. Well, gotta go sort parts...

#2 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:24 PM

nice catch

build a sweet ride

#3 love4kanex

love4kanex

Architect

• 334 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:35 PM

Dude that's awesome!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coaster Count: 36

Knex Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/love4knex

New channel with funny videos:
http://www.youtube.c...ideosandstuff11

#4 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:17 PM

Wow, you got it for a great price!

#5 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:56 PM

ya, If you include the shipping it was actually about $40. I got two SS sets for $80 w/shipping. One set was obvious used condition (no decals left) and all teh parts were just thrown in the box, but the other waza very niceahh.

#6 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:07 AM

Lucky bastard :)

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:34 AM

Nice going. I got one SS and one RR set that way. Some of the others I got were pretty beat up. As long as you don't overbid you can get some great deals on eBay but you have to be patient, too many times someone is willing to pay too much and drives the bidding up.

I recently won an auction on a big mixed lot of stuff. I bought it because there were two TT motors in the picture.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#8 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:07 PM

I was most psyched when I bought a SS for 25 bucks with free shipping. Then the guy sent me a RR. I was pissed cause I wanted more SS cars. So I told him this and he said he'd send the SS. I asked if he wanted the RR back. He said no. Then when the Ss came, it came with 2 middle cars a front car and a back car! So i bought an RR, and SS, plus 1 extra middle car for only $25! Every piece was there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#9 Jester1960

Jester1960

Construction Foreman

• 226 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:46 PM

I bought my first SS (cars only). on Ebay for only $11 That included shipping. I decided to try this, and bid on Seven sets around Thanksgiving. I guess noone was looking at that time,I got 1 set for $30 and another for $32, that includes shipping. another for $42 and the last one for $28, I saw many of the sets were going for $80 or better (A few greedy sellers were trying to sell them for $225 each ), I got some bargains

#10 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:48 PM

I just got on for $39 plus $20 in shipping :( You got some good deals. Do all of those prices include shipping?