pokemon spooffa

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:44 PM

It seems Cedar Fair management has decided to modify I305... And modify it seriously enough that they started this early in the offseason. They have already removed track on the second hill.

For now, this is all we have:
Posted Image
Update from Coastercrew:

What do you think they are going to do?

For now, until what they are doing is clear, just come up with ideas that you would like to see.

#2 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

Possibly an overbank or an airhill from the drop into an overbank into an airhill then continue the layout. I'm really not sure at this point.

Do you think that they will use this space?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

Resident Nolimits 2 Expert

• 761 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

it has been open for less than a year...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[18-07, 09:16] SCM: I only see 14 inversions. There's supposed to be 14 inversions.

STEEL VENOM - DRAGON - JAWHARP - ARMAGEDDON - ICE - CEREBUS - DIABLO - STEEL VENOM - THE REVENGE - CLIFFHANGER - FALCON - SMILER - ALTON TOWERS

Construction zone:

None

#4 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:35 PM

Yeah, and it's had problems for that entire year.

#5 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

I'm thinking that they're making the turn widder. An overback would look ugly in my opinion.

Formally RK500

#6 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:54 PM

I think thaat they are moving it to Kings Island for the 2012 season anniversary.
Im just kidding. But yeah i wouldnt be surprised if the were changing the layout up a bit to be able to take the trims off.

Posted Image

#7 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:52 PM

Since there is nothing official to talk about, post speculation and/or what you would like to see on the ride, and what you would not like to see.

For me;
What I would like:
1st turn widened
2nd hill turned into a double-up, zero-g roll, or have it do a banked s-bend on the way up
What I would NOT like:
1st turn changed into a tall (over 50 feet high) overbank; it wouldn't fit with the style of the ride.

#8 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:02 PM

I'm thinking that they're making the turn widder. An overback would look ugly in my opinion.

same. if they increase the radius of the turn then they can take off the trims. i dont think it will be a major layout change.

#9 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:18 PM

^ But if they widen the turn, the pullout into the second hill will be farther away, therefore needing one of the things Old Hag said.

Wait a minute... the ultimate idea, THE ULTIMATE STENGEL DIVE!!!!!!

Posted Image

#10 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:47 PM

Or maybe there just taking the track off to get a ultrasound/X-ray. To check how the steel is holding up. That would explain the whole thing.

If they were widening the first turn, it would be wicked expensive. To make new track, drill down new footers, make new supports. I thought at first that was it, but it would be way to expensive. They also would need to do something to make it meet up with the old track.

Changing the hill it also not going to happen imo. For the same reasons as above.

Making the layout alittle bigger could happen. But why? There's no reason too.

Just taking the track off to test it is what I think it is.

Kr11

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#11 mynci321

mynci321

100%

• 664 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:02 PM

I agree with Knexrule, I think they are just testing the track/doing maintenance.

Posted Image

#12 CCI

CCI

Getting Furious in 2015

• 2019 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:45 PM

I'm thinking since I305 was the prototype of that track system maybe there testing it for flaws. Since that area on the second hill gets the force of the train falling back onto the tracks it has to have a lot of stress on it. Just my thought.

Posted Image

l El Toro l Fury325 l I305 l Skyrush l RFII l

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download

#13 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:10 AM

^ Wouldn't the top of the hill have the least stress, since there's almost 0 G's?

I could be wrong but I'm inclined to believe that they are changing the layout in some way, even if it's just making the turn wider.

#14 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:28 AM

If they were gonna test the track for force fatique/whatever, wouldn't they do it with track from the most forceful part of the ride instead of one of the least? That just seems the only flaw in that thought.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#15 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:12 AM

This already exists. :)

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#16 CCI

CCI

Getting Furious in 2015

• 2019 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:12 AM

Well they did not take it from the direct top of the hill. So I think it's from when the train is returning from zero g's that it's putting a lot of force on that piece. I could be wrong though.

Posted Image

l El Toro l Fury325 l I305 l Skyrush l RFII l

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download

#17 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:21 AM

This already exists. :)

Exactly, it's called Maverick. :P

^Except it's the pieces going into zero-g's...

SSCoasters Staff

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#18 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:48 PM

I was thinking about this too, I would think they would take pieces out from the first turn to test out track stress.

I'm thinking they probably did, but from the angles open to the public we can't see them gone.

EDIT: A wonderful idea was just brought up on KDfansite, which was putting LIM/LSMs going up the second hill. The first drop would still be rubbish compared to its untrimmed state but the second hill would return to its former glory.

#19 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:21 PM

^ That would be really sweet! However, that would bring back the problem of putting more stress on the wheels for the rest of the ride, but they may have figured that out too.

#20 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:25 PM

Odd, Supertkdkid brought this up...

sonofbeast.com redirects to Intimidator305.com...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pokemon, spooffa