1 reply to this topic

#1 CCI

CCI

Getting Furious in 2015

• 2019 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:55 PM

Sorry it took so long but here it is.

Carowinds 9/11/10

I went to Carowinds last saturday to get our 2011 season passes and to close out the summer coaster season. We arrived at the park at around 10:15am and got into the park by 10:30. First my sister and I went straight to Intimidator and waited for about 15-20 minutes in the single riders line. I saw a man wearing a 2010 TRR UK shirt (if you read this let me know). The ride was amazing not as good as trim-less on opening day.
The first trim fired only a little giving great air on the third hill, but the second trim hit pretty hard causing it to just crawl over the hills up un-till the MCBR. After Intimidator we hit Woodstock express so my mom would ride something. I must say It is one of the smoothest wooden coasters I’ve ridden for it’s age. Next my sister and I hit up Afterburn
The wait was about 20-25 minutes because of 1 train operation. It was a great ride. Next my dad and I went to Thunder Road and opted to wait for the front row. It was a three train wait because of 1 train operation. All I can say is the re-tracking is doing wonders for this ride and I can’t wait for it to be finished. Next my sister and I went to Cobra and started to wait in line but, of course, after 10 minutes the ride broke down so we left and got lunch at a pizza place. Next we headed over to Hurler and Drop Zone. Usually I wait for Hurler because it was my first coaster, but today I decided not to because it was 1 train operation and there was a chance of rain and I did not want to waste my time. So we headed over to Drop Tower - my sister loves drop towers but decided not to go on this one because I scared her with the story of the Superman Tower of Power story at lunch. So we headed to Cyclone which we waited 30 minutes for because my sister really likes it, plus it’s one of the smoother arrow loopers around.
After we got off it started to sprinkle so my dad said if it continued raining for 30 minutes we would have to leave. My sister and I practically sprinted over to Intimidator. We waited about 20 minutes and we ended up in the second row. I entered the ride with $2.25 in change and got of with $0. By the time we got off, the rain had stopped so we were safe for now. We rode Intimidator a few more times and headed over to Afterburn and waited about 40 minutes for the front row. By this time we were all getting tired so we went back and rode Intimidator one final time and left by 5:30.

It was one great day at Carowinds and I hope to see some of you there in 2011!
Time for some pictures!

Unfortunately I have lost a few photo's but this is what I have. Enjoy!
Posted Image
First look at Top G... I mean Afterburn on the way in.
Posted Image
What Carowinds wold look like tilted.
Posted Image
Intimidator MCBR from the parking lot.
Posted Image
First drop fail.
Posted Image
The shiny new lockers!
Posted Image
duh I missed it!
Posted Image
Sorta kinda twisty hill.
Posted Image
Afterburn's 2nd train sitting on the transfer track.
Posted Image
One more view for you transfer enthusiasts
Posted Image
Got it!
Posted Image
This would be great if if weren't for that pesky support.
Posted Image
Stupid Tree!
Posted Image
You know what I'm going to say here.
Posted Image
Extreme close up! as Wayne would say.
Posted Image
Batwing!
Posted Image
C-roll
Posted Image
Vekoma Vertical loop hotness!
Posted Image
signage.
Posted Image
Skytower from the back of the park.
Posted Image
The smother Hurler of the two IMO.
Posted Image
Drop Zone.. I Mean Drop tower
Posted Image
They still had the misters on when it was 60* out.
Posted Image
Cyclone ran Away. :(
Posted Image
Drop zone from the line.
Posted Image
Lift hill goodness
Posted Image
Damn support
Posted Image
The new sticker stating cyclone has been head-banging for 30 years now.
Posted Image
How true
Posted Image
Geese of Intimidator.
Posted Image
lift fun.
Posted Image
Oh well :)
Posted Image
Aerial view of Vortex
Posted Image
Ariel View of Nighthawk
Posted Image
Afterburn sexiness
Posted Image
yum
Posted Image
The line for Intimidator

this it till part two. Thanks for reading

Posted Image

l El Toro l Fury325 l I305 l Skyrush l RFII l

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download

#2 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:53 PM

Weird, I was there exactly a month after! I went on a 5 day vacation from where I live (ohio), to go to Carowinds for my first time. And of course, Timmy was my first ride. And Afterburn is my favorite there.
SCarowinds was 50x's better there than Halloween Haunt here at Kings Island.