lambchopz

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:36 PM

My first working, custom coaster to be put on SSC (if completed). Out of parts, and going to finish building it in Decemeber when they arrive. As I said, its my first custom coaster thats not half bad. Layout has been predetermined, but not a name, so i'll need ideas if i cant get one. if anything looks bad, or needs improvement, tell me, and ill see what i can do.

RIDE NOW CANCELED!!!!!

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#2 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

I love it! I think that you should turn it into a rosebowl because you could re-use the supports.

Posted Image

#3 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:02 PM

I would use radii supports unless its a woodie. they're too weak how you have them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:00 PM

A few bumps here and there, but overall I like it. I love how you're being creative with your supports! Not many people use radii unless it's a woodie.

#5 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:08 PM

SuperTKdkid ,i was prob gonna make a rosebowl, but it depends on if the curve of the track. if i can get the radius to become smaller, ill try, if not, ill have to connect the supports to the other supports already up, after i reinforce them. Blackkitty, im gonna have to, but since im not going to get parts until December 3-7, im gonna have to wait. Steel, its prob gonna become a woodie, since i just placed an order on ebay for 600purple and blue joints(300 each) then 800 blue rods, then ill fill it in with the rest of my parts. when i get farther ahead on my coaster ill post update pics.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#6 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:40 PM

You have inspired me to build a steel coaster with a mega rosebowl for my Christmas coaster!

Posted Image

#7 love4kanex

love4kanex

Architect

• 334 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:05 AM

I'm thinking about saying the usual, "You should start smaller" but ya know... I like this. Please keep going i want to see more. :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, you wont get your parts till December... :/ Oh well. I can wait.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coaster Count: 36

Knex Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/love4knex

New channel with funny videos:
http://www.youtube.c...ideosandstuff11

#8 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:43 AM

awww. and yeah, im building big. ive built models for over a year now, and for the last 9months, ive been buying more and more sets, so im just going all out. ^ yeah, they're shipping out from kentucky 2morrow. its gonna take 5days to travel less than 200 miles. =/ and again, this is my first official custom for SSC, so im definately trying to make it as good as it can be, but not too much. ill stick with what i can handle...

#9 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:32 AM

Dude this is pretty good. Keep on building.

Posted Image

#10 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:36 AM

yeah, well again, the guy from ebay isnt sending them until monday, then its going to take 4 days to get it to me. so prob in a week ill have new pics of it.

#11 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:58 PM

Ok. I would use less crossties though, expecally if your running out of pieces. The track has a few bumps in it, but nothing a minute of smoothing can't fix.

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#12 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:47 PM

Ride Canceled. no questions

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lambchopz