awesome coaster knex launched thesuckcrew

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:24 AM

Okay, I'm gonna change the overbank, I already fixed the dip after the launch, and I will get TK some pov's from the tophat.

These pics are from a few days old, but I didn't really change anything about it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm pretty sure you'll see some problems in the second pic, tell me how to fix that!

And here ya go, testvid:

Insta Edit: The camera was on a empty SSbox, thats why it all sounds so loud.

#22 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:02 AM

Wow... ummm...I think you just owned my recreation of Xcelerator... I LOVE IT!! This is one of the best tube supported launched coasters with the greatest shaping on this thing, and it barely shakes at all! Flawless! I love it, all I can say. 5 stars...

Posted Image

#23 floris2burn

floris2burn

Software Engineer

• 414 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:19 AM

How is it launched, do you use a lot of rubber bands to "wind up" the chain?

#24 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:43 AM

^^ Thanks!

^ Yeah, its very similar to the Jesperlaunch.

Guys, the brakerun is slanted now:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'll make a station and after that the final video will be taken.
Tell m if there is anything wrong!

#25 metallicais1337

metallicais1337

Guitar Hero Addict

• 1357 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:29 AM

I like this a lot. It has good speed throughout and it shows that K'nex recreations don't always have to be huge.

Also, is that tape on the ground in the shape of the layout? That's a genius planning idea, just get an aerial view of the coaster and then do that so it's spot on... that's actually extremely creative!

http://www.youtube.com/metallicais1337
^My YouTube Channel (FL Studio songs, Custom Guitar Hero charts)^

#26 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:20 PM

Very well done TheSUCKCrew! (love spelling out that name!) I really think you have pulled this off better than I have, and the inclined-er declining brake-run looks amazing! I can't wait for the final video! Be sure though to make the station look flawless! I would base the station off a really good K'NEX made station, and that would have to be ~steelspectrum~'s Magnum station.

Posted Image

#27 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:07 AM

I like this a lot. It has good speed throughout and it shows that K'nex recreations don't always have to be huge.

Also, is that tape on the ground in the shape of the layout? That's a genius planning idea, just get an aerial view of the coaster and then do that so it's spot on... that's actually extremely creative!

I appriciate this comment, I like to see you noticed it.
It helped a lot with shaping, and I recommend everyone to do so, even when it isn't a recreation!

Very well done TheSUCKCrew! (love spelling out that name!) I really think you have pulled this off better than I have, and the inclined-er declining brake-run looks amazing! I can't wait for the final video! Be sure though to make the station look flawless! I would base the station off a really good K'NEX made station, and that would have to be ~steelspectrum~'s Magnum station.

Thanks you, and I didn't base it on magnum, I had my own input this time, and I think this is the best station I made so far.

Final video is done, and its all on the database page.

TheSUCKCrew is proud to present you:

Xcelerator - SSCoasters Rides Database

(Don't forget, HD;))

#28 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:44 PM

Wow, you really impressed me with this coaster! I don't think I could have pulled it off. Congrats!

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#29 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:55 PM

Love it! Music video OWNED mine and the ride was just flawless overall. One thing I did notice though was some of the shots I used in my Music video that I did, such as the shot at 2:28 and 2:38. But your shots were in better quality, and the ride rocked! Great job TheSUCKCrew, (love that name!) and thanks for owning me with tube supports, :tmbs

-Jumpge

Posted Image

#30 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:34 PM

I would base the station off a really good K'NEX made station, and that would have to be ~steelspectrum~'s Magnum station.

Its funny that you mentioned that, because Magnum's station was an exact replica of Xcelerator's.

I haven't been watching the thread, but this turned out really well Bart! I love it.