It came from hell finshed!

looper roller coaster support tube winter contest 2010

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Poll: what should i do?

what should i do?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:41 AM

Do what burrito said, but also some of you tube to track connections are weak. espically on the drop and pullout.

Yeah they are a tad weak i will fix them

Heres a layout idea:
Posted Image
What do you all think?

Its inserting but, I have to wait to get a train or get a set till I can test my layout.

Make that pullout and in bigger,allong with the overbank.
You may think you're out of space but your base is only 14x4 you can make it 20x5 and have plenty of room.

Yhanks for noticing my base was off! :) and I think ive made the pullout better.

I HAVE CHANGED THE NAME TO "It came from hell" witch was one of my other coasters names.

Steam: rodimus113
MC and XBL: rodimuz
PC:
amd a4-3420, r5 230, 8gb ddr3 1333

#22 reaperdoctor

reaperdoctor

SQUISH IT!!!!

• 716 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:13 AM

That layout looks way too long for the height of this coaster, but people can surprise you...

John 3:16

'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#23 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

That layout looks way too long for the height of this coaster, but people can surprise you...

I might, Im planing on 3 more maybe 4 if I have the speed for it.

***update***
Well I added more supports and, What not and, I wont be building to much because I need a SS train along with, More x ties and, Hopefully some tubing. :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Heres my broken ss cars and, The nose on the front car is broke to.
Posted Image
Posted Image

PC:

#24 Poseidon

Poseidon

A.k.a. Ninja

• 303 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:44 PM

very nice work! I'm not kidding. It is pretty hard to see someone on SSC make a tube looper with only one SS. Please put in a video so we can see if it shakes.

#25 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:50 PM

very nice work! I'm not kidding. It is pretty hard to see someone on SSC make a tube looper with only one SS. Please put in a video so we can see if it shakes.

I would of had a video up already but if you look up you can see my ss cars are broke, :( Hence why i need a ss set!

PC:

#26 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:35 PM

I would of had a video up already but if you look up you can see my ss cars are broke, :( Hence why i need a ss set!

Check ebay, theres 4 or 5 SS cars, but they include people incase you want a car or two.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#27 whitecoconut1233

whitecoconut1233

Sorry don't know how. :)

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:14 PM

You can get cars on Ebay for one to five dollars a piece

#28 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:28 PM

You can get cars on Ebay for one to five dollars a piece

i am 100% aware of that but i want a full set :)

PC:

#29 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:33 PM

i still say ebay, and besides, the cars themselves are over $20 usually, not including shipping.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#30 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:43 AM

Well i was grounded so, I started to work on my coaster again, Its going good so far :) but I am unsure what i want after loop, rising helix(somewhat), then a heartline then some stuff i laid out my track plans/ideas in VV track so you can tell. :P

NOTE: I STILL dont have any ss cars to use so i have NO idea if it will even make it through the loop...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Tell me witch you think is best.
PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!!

PC:

#31 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:10 AM

Scott if all you need is a nose piece for the front car I will give you one. I have converted a coupled of rear cars to middle cars and stole the rear wheel assemblies from front cars. So I have a couple of fronts that are not being used.

Let me know where you are and I'll check how much to send them, probably fit in a small padded envelop.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#32 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:11 AM

I like the first one.

I can't help you with the nose. I'm missing one and I'm planning on using two trains. Sorry.

Formally RK500

#33 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:23 AM

Scott if all you need is a nose piece for the front car I will give you one. I have converted a coupled of rear cars to middle cars and stole the rear wheel assemblies from front cars. So I have a couple of fronts that are not being used.

Let me know where you are and I'll check how much to send them, probably fit in a small padded envelop.

Would it include a nose of the front car?

I like the first one.

I can't help you with the nose. I'm missing one and I'm planning on using two trains. Sorry.

Well I might get another ss or get one from ForgotToGrowUp.
Thanks any way. :)

PC:

#34 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:28 AM

I'm looking at your layout, and i know its not going to be exactly where the VV coaster is, but that helix is going to be tight, and small. Are you sure it's going to make it?, because that loop's looking small, so i don't know how much speed your going to get after that, and with the tight curve and the banking of the helix, it might not work.

#35 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:27 PM

I'm looking at your layout, and i know its not going to be exactly where the VV coaster is, but that helix is going to be tight, and small. Are you sure it's going to make it?, because that loop's looking small, so i don't know how much speed your going to get after that, and with the tight curve and the banking of the helix, it might not work.

yes i know its a tight fit but ill wait and see for when i get a nose car thing from "ForgotToGrowUp" i can test it and tweak it. :)

PC:

#36 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:49 AM

Well im ungrounded....I think.... but any ways I added a loop, and supports, and started on the rising helix, Its terrible I know.... But hows the loop? Also tell me if you see a bump.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
PLEASE COMMENT!!!!

PC:

#37 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:40 AM

i dont see bumbs in the loop but i am afraid that the cars will go too slow for it
i like it, i hope it works.

wardcc-2.png

#38 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:05 AM

I put that car (minus back wheels) in the mail yesterday, should get it in a few days

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#39 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

Resident Nolimits 2 Expert

• 761 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:43 AM

The loop looks pretty good but the helix is a bit out of shape. You have defiantly have improved! Great job!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[18-07, 09:16] SCM: I only see 14 inversions. There's supposed to be 14 inversions.

STEEL VENOM - DRAGON - JAWHARP - ARMAGEDDON - ICE - CEREBUS - DIABLO - STEEL VENOM - THE REVENGE - CLIFFHANGER - FALCON - SMILER - ALTON TOWERS

Construction zone:

None

#40 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:46 PM

Loop still looks small, and if it's possible, evenly space out your crossties, it should make a difference.

That helix looks really, really small to me. can it even make it?