It came from hell finshed!

looper roller coaster support tube winter contest 2010

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Poll: what should i do?

what should i do?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

Just, nevermind...

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#82 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:48 PM

Just, nevermind...

Oh, ok what do you think of my coaster though?

update!! i got my sets and i re tubed the coaster

Look at these parts!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
now for the coaster
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
COMMENT!!!!!!!!!

Steam: rodimus113
MC and XBL: rodimuz
PC:
amd a4-3420, r5 230, 8gb ddr3 1333

#83 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:51 PM

That pullout will make you loose major speed. If there's anyway you can expand it by another yellow rod, that would make it better.

I said nevermind because there was no real reason to continue a pointless argument, nothing about your coaster.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#84 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

That pullout will make you loose major speed. If there's anyway you can expand it by another yellow rod, that would make it better.

I said nevermind because there was no real reason to continue a pointless argument, nothing about your coaster.

What pull out the drops pull out, The loos pull out, the turn thing pull out?

Well guys I started to make the next element it dosen't look right...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

PC:

#85 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:07 PM

It looks pretty good as far as I can see, but I would support it a little bit more so there is no sagging in it when the train goes through it. Looks good though.

Posted Image

#86 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

^^ I mean the first drop's pullout, it looks really small to me, but if it works, then just leave it alone. Can't wait to see more. Maybe you could check out my newest tube supported coaster after I post upload later today.

#87 RCExtreme

RCExtreme

Entry Engineer

• 851 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:30 PM

I like it, but the loop and immelmann are way too small IMO.

#88 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:44 PM

Most of the problems you're facing are related to the fact that you're trying to build inversions on a tiny scale. I think you should not build any more inversions, and you might even want to take out the immelmann because it will lose so much speed.

#89 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:42 PM

I agree with steel. It's just not possible with this scale. I'd maybe do a turn around?

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#90 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:48 PM

Oh well I guess I agree with steel. Also, if you want to keep the immelman, the top is wayy to flat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#91 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:35 AM

Oh well I guess I agree with steel. Also, if you want to keep the immelman, the top is wayy to flat.

Is this any better?

I agree with steel. It's just not possible with this scale. I'd maybe do a turn around?

:( I am STILL going on with my intended layout, I may use a drill on the lift gump said I could. :P

Most of the problems you're facing are related to the fact that you're trying to build inversions on a tiny scale. I think you should not build any more inversions, and you might even want to take out the immelmann because it will lose so much speed.

Awww... It is hard to get alot of elements in to a tiny scale.

I like it, but the loop and immelmann are way too small IMO.

XD Well its got to be small its for the contest.

^^ I mean the first drop's pullout, it looks really small to me, but if it works, then just leave it alone. Can't wait to see more. Maybe you could check out my newest tube supported coaster after I post upload later today.

Oh i dont think ill fix that because that would be harder on the lift with the limits.

It looks pretty good as far as I can see, but I would support it a little bit more so there is no sagging in it when the train goes through it. Looks good though.

:) thanks for some support! and ill be support ALOT soon.

UPDATE!!! :D

Well i started a station yeh i know the roof is kinda large... But its still cool because i made it all orange for looks. Also i have supported some more and im going to keep supporting!

Posted Image
Posted Image
top on the immenmann
Posted Image
better view
Posted Image
station
Posted Image
yay for aligned gates!
Posted Image

PLEASE COMMENT!

PC:

#92 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:35 AM

I looks alright... I think the immelmann is 'way' to small. Also, can you organize the colour coding more, because it looks a little scruffy at the moment (well, not really now but on your next coaster, unless you want to). Apart from that the, shaping look alright.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#93 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:24 AM

Wow that station is nice! I also like the way the exit looks on the immelmann, with e max x-ties and just the general shaping. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Posted Image

#94 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:39 AM

Wow that station is nice! I also like the way the exit looks on the immelmann, with e max x-ties and just the general shaping. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Thanks! I just want get better at making coaster. :D

I looks alright... I think the immelmann is 'way' to small. Also, can you organize the colour coding more, because it looks a little scruffy at the moment (well, not really now but on your next coaster, unless you want to). Apart from that the, shaping look alright.

Alot of people have said its to small i may make it bigger, but I don't know.
Also my colors are werid because i have half metlics half funky or what ever you want to call it. If i have a extremly small coaster and i know i will have the parts id color code it.

UPDATE!

Well, not anything about the layout or anything but i weighed my front car and middle car (also had to lube middle car), And now it works! with a little extra push it makes it through all the elements but not a lot of speed left still, So a booster might be used

PC:

#95 HamenChiz

HamenChiz

HamenChiz

• 680 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:43 AM

At first I didn't like this, but now I like this very much.
You've made the revolution of small inversions, you proven that you're really good in building.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#96 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:37 PM

The exit of the immelmann is really bad. It's way too long, and it should curve a little. But the station looks really good in my opinion!

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu

#97 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:04 PM

The exit of the immelmann is really bad. It's way too long, and it should curve a little. But the station looks really good in my opinion!

I knew it was terrible.... i might go take a look at that immimann(idk how to speel it.) tut for help. But thanks!

At first I didn't like this, but now I like this very much.
You've made the revolution of small inversions, you proven that you're really good in building.

Haha, it wasn't to great at the start but I think i'm making it better every time, And you think i've really gotten better?

Well, Here,s a video of what it does im trying to get the immimann to be better but it works!
the weights:
Posted Image
test video:
Posted Image
PLEASE COMMENT!

PC:

#98 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

Wow that goes really, really fast! The coaster doesn't shake and the ride looks pretty cool! I really am wondering what will happen next in the layout though...

Posted Image

#99 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:59 AM

Wow, you do have alot of speed. I don't think you even need the booster. Keep up the good work!

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

#100 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:45 PM

This is a very interesting small coaster. I like it!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]