Clothoid Loop/ TearDrop

clothoid loop lambchopz loop teardrop loop tutorial

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this an accurate recreation/creation of a Clothoid Loop?

Is this an accurate recreation/creation of a Clothoid Loop?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:20 AM

This is my first tutorial on SSC, depicting how I was able to re-create a Clothoid-(technical name) loop, modeled after The Great American Scream Machine loops, but with a sharper pullout.

If you need any help, I'll be available, so PM me whenever and I'll get back to you ASAP.

**I do suggest for New members that this can be something you use once or twice, but then start to create your own. It's more Fun!**

I don't know how to to post pics, then words, so if someone can, tell me how to. Sorry if pics are small/blurry, phone's camera. I have more pics, but i cant upload more than 10 right now, so more will come soon.

I Will be making a YouTube video with more pics, but i don't have the time to right now. The shaping of the loop can be fixed, but its just to show you the general concept of what you'd be creating.

Good luck, and remember, i'll be adding more pics if you need help in certain areas. most parts are yellow, if you cannot tell.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#2 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:33 AM

Thats one awesome structure.
For the shaping, please work on those track to support-connection, adjust them untill you have a nice loop.
Dont take "pretty good" for an option, it has to be perfect.

You can do right-click on the attachements, and then you see some window with in it a url.
Copy the url, and put it between image-tags, or click on the "insert image" button and enter the url there.

Like this:
Posted Image

-Suck.

#3 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:29 AM

oh ok thanks, and i don't take anything but perfect for an answer, but i figured it wouldn't be since it's my first. i can go through and redo the loop with the track since its in sections.

-I still can't get the text-pics-text-pics thing.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#4 BubbleMan 32714

BubbleMan 32714

V Cube Solver

• 717 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:18 PM

you could also try to create an account on photobucket.com mate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

yeah, i could. i also have a youtube just for ssc, and I'm slowly working on the video for it, and my PJAS project that also uses knex loops, which is why i created this loop. It should be comming along soon, so maybe in a week or two it will be posted on here and on youtube.

#6 MichaelG

MichaelG

Architect

• 504 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:31 AM

I look forward to it :P I think it looks really good. Does anyone know a free software to edit videos?

#7 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:42 PM

Thanks! For the Video myself, I'm going to be using Windows Movie Maker, only because its free, but IDK what else's out there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clothoid loop, lambchopz, loop, teardrop loop, tutorial