Batman: The dark knight SFNE (Cancelled)

awesome batman six flags new england thesuckcrew

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

Yes, its a recre!

Well guys, I wanted to built some looper, and since B&M is neat, I chose thisone.
The height isnt determined yet, I may make it smaller.
I would like your input on the banking:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Reference pic:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Tell me what you think, and tell me if the height (6 greys) is good, or should I change it to 5?

-Suck.

#2 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:53 PM

It looks good! Can't wait to see more, I know you have the skills to buid this.

Posted Image

#3 Millcreek47

Millcreek47

BANNED

• 1186 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:58 PM

Should be an easy fix:

Posted Image

Your turn rises. The real turn doesn't and it doesn't do as far right.

Posted Image
(Sig under construction)

-----XBL Gamertag - I were Speshul-----

Top 5: Time Machine, The Incredible Hulk, Goliath, Dueling Dragons, Georgia Scorcher

#4 manguy

manguy

kingdakaman

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:58 PM

Can't wait to see more!!

#5 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:14 PM

It looks good! Can't wait to see more, I know you have the skills to buid this.

Thanks, I hope so!

Should be an easy fix:

Posted Image

Your turn rises. The real turn doesn't and it doesn't do as far right.

The reference-pic is a lot smaller.
The track may be just as wide, but thats just because it has relatively wide track in real. That means, that if you would make the reference-pic bigger, you would see that its just as much to the right in real.
The reference pic is also toke at a moment that you are still kinda going down from the predrop, as you can see here its kinda going up in real too:
Posted Image

EDIT: Okay, that was really help-ignoring from me.
I'll try to fix it.

Can't wait to see more!!

You don't have to wait long.

-Suck.

#6 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:02 PM

Well, I feel it is definitely good that you are doing a recreation of a ride and a B&M in particular, is good to go with with loops and different elements that really require good shaping to look make it look nice! The pre-drop looks fine right now with the rising of the turn and every thing else seem to be good! Just keep the drop at 6 grays high since a B&M kills a lot of speed with lops, and this ride definitely will do that to you, so take advantage of speed while you can! Hope you can pull this off TheSUCKCrew and good luck!

-Jumpge

Posted Image

#7 HamenChiz

HamenChiz

HamenChiz

• 680 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

Can't see the pictures!
But the picture that i saw looks cool.
-HamenChiz-

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

I'm speechless! The predrop is perfect. I think the hight is perfect, and you do have the skill to pull this off + way more! I would criticize.... if there was something to criticize. Move on!

KR11

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#9 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

oooh so you are making this like you said in chat today!!!! :]
yay!

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#10 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:39 PM

Is this the Batman from SFNE?

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#11 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:42 PM

Yup.
He told us on chat today.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#12 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:47 PM

Doh! he even put it in the thread title! sorry I am tired and my brain is clearly not working too well.

I love that ride!

#13 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:25 PM

We can tell... but not like I can speak either, I've had my moments.

#14 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:33 PM

Looks good. This is gonna be a cool coaster to see recreated!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:58 AM

I LOVE this ride! (even though I've never been on it) :angfire

This is a perfect recreation for you. I hope you get all of the elelments in! Great job so far!

#16 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:56 AM

OK I had some sleep and hopefully thinking a little better...

Suck good luck with this, it's a great ride. I think the biggest speed killer is going to be the big turn through the loop. I can't wait to see the final results.

#17 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

I like this now hope you can finish it. :D

Posted Image

#18 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:50 AM

It looks great, but the end of the predrop needs to be heading sightly more down than you have it now IMO. Fix than and it'll be perfect.

EDIT: 500th post!

Posted Image

#19 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:56 AM

You can't judge on the hearth lining yet and if it's supposed to go down more or not, there is no track that follows on it yet. Unless he posts this photo again with more track you can't say it's good or not. All track depends on what is before and after a section.

When you add more track the previous part will deform a little so it is useless to perfectly shape the end of each section. Thus saying if it's good or bad is pointless because it's not how the final version will be.

I normally don't comment on updates with just a lift because they don't show anything special. "Your lift looks good" really? It's a straight section of track! However the crest is rather important on each lift as it says a lot about the style of the ride (B&M etc.)

I really only comment on a lift if it has a very special support structure or looks plain funky (in a good way).

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

[quote name='Jumpge']Well, I feel it is definitely good that you are doing a recreation of a ride and a B&M in particular, is good to go with with loops and different elements that really require good shaping to look make it look nice! The pre-drop looks fine right now with the rising of the turn and every thing else seem to be good! Just keep the drop at 6 grays high since a B&M kills a lot of speed with lops, and this ride definitely will do that to you, so take advantage of speed while you can! Hope you can pull this off TheSUCKCrew and good luck!

-Jumpge[/QUOTE]

Well, I made it to 5.5 greys, since it has such a long part of track in front of the lifthill, and else it won't fit in my room. Thanks though:)

[quote name='HamenChiz']Can't see the pictures!
But the picture that i saw looks cool.
-HamenChiz-[/QUOTE]

Uhm... Thanks?:)

[quote name='Knexrule11']I'm speechless! The predrop is perfect. I think the hight is perfect, and you do have the skill to pull this off + way more! I would criticize.... if there was something to criticize. Move on!

KR11[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot, great to hear you like it.

[quote name='LaMbChOpZ']oooh so you are making this like you said in chat today!!!! :]
yay![/QUOTE]

Yup, I never lie;)

[quote name='ForgotToGrowUp']Is this the Batman from SFNE?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is.

[quote name='Blackkitty']Looks good. This is gonna be a cool coaster to see recreated![/QUOTE]

Thanks, I hope so!

[quote name='tornado96']I LOVE this ride! (even though I've never been on it) :angfire

This is a perfect recreation for you. I hope you get all of the elelments in! Great job so far![/QUOTE]

Yeah I'll probably get all elements in;)
Thanks.

[quote name='ForgotToGrowUp']OK I had some sleep and hopefully thinking a little better...

Suck good luck with this, it's a great ride. I think the biggest speed killer is going to be the big turn through the loop. I can't wait to see the final results.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm kinda afraid so, and it will be hard to support too.

[quote name='jespercoasters']I like this now hope you can finish it. :D[/QUOTE]

Ofcourse I can:D Now lets hope my parts can too!

[quote name='KingdaKa0204']It looks great, but the end of the predrop needs to be heading sightly more down than you have it now IMO. Fix than and it'll be perfect.

EDIT: 500th post![/QUOTE]

I think its just because of the angle...

[quote name='Maxlaam']You can't judge on the hearth lining yet and if it's supposed to go down more or not, there is no track that follows on it yet. Unless he posts this photo again with more track you can't say it's good or not. All track depends on what is before and after a section.

When you add more track the previous part will deform a little so it is useless to perfectly shape the end of each section. Thus saying if it's good or bad is pointless because it's not how the final version will be.

I normally don't comment on updates with just a lift because they don't show anything special. "Your lift looks good" really? It's a straight section of track! However the crest is rather important on each lift as it says a lot about the style of the ride (B&M etc.)

I really only comment on a lift if it has a very special support structure or looks plain funky (in a good way).[/QUOTE]

Long comment, but absolutely true:)

Well guys, here we go, the start of the drop.
I think I have a good angle for a reference-pic now, here ya go:
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

-Suck.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: awesome, batman, six flags new england, thesuckcrew