5 replies to this topic

#1 Tjakka5

Tjakka5

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

Well, I'm gonna make a Rube Goldberg Machine,
So...Maybe u guys(And Girls) Have some ideas that i can put in it?
If you have some ideas, Just post them here!

I'm making a other tread where u can see it's going. ;P

Bgt=The king,
Max=The programmer
TJ=The amesomeness :B

#2 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

I've a lot of experience with that stuff: I usually make ball machines. I suggest to take a look at my channel on Instructables, I've some stuff there and to look around on that site. I really suggest the Official Guide to Ball Machine Lifts, soon that one will be extended with the Offical Guide to Ball Machines and the Official Guide to Ball Machine Elements. Now just search on that site, in a few weeks the new 2 guides will be out. I'm working on them right now. Good luck with it!

My channel: http://www.instructa...com/member/RNB/

#3 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

Very interesting. Now you have to answer a question. Is it going to be in a circuit where the ball or whatever you use keeps going around in which case it's a ball machine. OR do you want special elements that would have to be reset every time and it's only one course (a rube goldberg) In either case you should look up some ideas. Good luck!

#4 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

This is awesome!! I was just about thinking to make my rube goldberg again from 8th grade. Mine was all K'nex and got me a 115% (Major grade). Mine included a Roller Coaster, pulleys, and had a special part, but I really don't wanna give it away unless I make it again.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#5 floris2burn

floris2burn

Software Engineer

• 414 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:07 AM

There aren't many Rube goldberg machines out of k'nex I think, so it'll be cool to see more of them.

You could look into the domino-like stuff, using small stone-like shapes stuck on a rod at the bottom. Makes them easier to reset.
Look at the domino day's from the past few years, you'll get some good ideas!

#6 Tjakka5

Tjakka5

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:27 AM

There aren't many Rube goldberg machines out of k'nex I think, so it'll be cool to see more of them.

You could look into the domino-like stuff, using small stone-like shapes stuck on a rod at the bottom. Makes them easier to reset.
Look at the domino day's from the past few years, you'll get some good ideas!

Yeah, im trying to make a scetch right now, sooooo....
Update=Soon

-TJ

Bgt=The king,
Max=The programmer
TJ=The amesomeness :B

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rube goldberg machine