videos muted youtube

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:51 PM

Well guys, we all would have already been watching the final video for LDD were it not for the fact that it got muted due to copyright infringment. I am trying to use a Van Halen track that i bought online (mp3) but youtube won't let it fly. What can i do?? besides do the whole video over? Can i change the waveform somehow? If i only use part of the song will it let me do it? I have background noise too but i guess not enough. any tips?

-CD33

Posted Image

#2 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:23 PM

Go to the YT search bar and type "How to get past music copyrights". If a video coms with the dispute form then you got it. Works for me all the time.

#3 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:50 PM

The might be a button that says something about a copy right somewhere. just dont audio swap or you can never get it back. what van halen song?

#4 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:12 PM

1.Find the video you want to unmute or enable.
2.Click Resolve Copyright
3.Click "Learn more about the dispute process"
4.Scroll down and click "Take me to the dispute form"
5.Click option 2 and copy and paste this beside "Please explain briefly" :
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

6. Type in your name or a random name (electronic signature).
7. Copy and paste or type the "Statement of good faith"
8. Click continue
9. Click submit dispute
10. Wait (at most) 15 minutes and return to your channel. You will find your video with audio.

Posted Image

#5 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:34 PM

Another option is to edit your video in a video-editing software. Slow or speed it up by 2 or 3%, then upload the new video file. Once you do that you should have no problems with uploading.

#6 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:53 AM

Another option is to edit your video in a video-editing software. Slow or speed it up by 2 or 3%, then upload the new video file. Once you do that you should have no problems with uploading.

This is a really hacky way of doing it.

I prefer to use non-copyrighted music from Free and legal music downloads - Jamendo. Lot's of music on there and a lot of instrumental too. Like the video for Big Apple, which is perfect if we want to use such video to advertise ourselves. (DD that is)

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:56 AM

wow, thanks guys, alot of great suggestions! BTW, the video is uploaded to youtube (with new music) and it's on the construct thread + in the database, if u want to check it out. Maybe if you guys think it sounds fine i'll just keep it this way. Original song was gonna be "runnin with the devil" by Van Halen.

-CD33

Posted Image

#8 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:40 AM

I would try photobucket

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#9 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:21 PM

thanks so much guys i got it working!!

-CD33

Posted Image

#10 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:50 PM

^ How did you get it to work?

Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

8. Click continue
9. Click submit dispute
10. Wait (at most) 15 minutes and return to your channel. You will find your video with audio.

I wanted to thank you alot! I had a video that was blocked practically everywere except the US, and like 5 that were banned in a few places (Germany). I did that for the first one, and all my video's don't have copyright anymore!

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu

#11 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:51 PM

^ How did you get it to work?

8. Click continue
9. Click submit dispute

I wanted to thank you alot! I had a video that was blocked practically everywere except the US. I did that, and my video doesn't have copyright anymore!

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: videos muted, youtube