NLCOTM - April 2011 entry thread

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:50 AM

Ok guys here is the place to enter your NL modeled Giga/hyper for the Feb/March contest. The deadline for entry is April 1st. PLease read the final rules posted once again in my latest entry to the original thread (here's the link):

http://www.sscoaster...342/#post292441

Good luck to everyone!

-CD33

Posted Image

#2 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:30 AM

OK just a reminder that the deadline is about 2 days away. I haven't seen any entries or even replies. If your coaster is done, then by all means, enter it! I will be entering mine tomorrow. Hopefully there's still some people entering in this.

-CD33

Posted Image

#3 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:23 PM

can i still enter ON 1 april?

wardcc-2.png

#4 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:16 PM

^ absolutely. That is the deadline (by the end of the day). I was just wondering if anyone had a ride to submit yet, since usually in competitions like this there are entries submitted before the deadline. It's all good tho.

-CD33

Posted Image

#5 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:02 AM

yeah i am making a coaster with a transformers theme :) i started yesterday lol i work as hard as i can so i hope there will be someone else in the contest :P

wardcc-2.png

#6 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

Here is my coaster. If you need pictures tell it.

Posted Image

#7 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

Here's Mine! It's called Juggernaut. It runs 2 trains, 9 cars per train, has a top speed of 94 mph and a ride time of approx. 2 min. 40 seconds.

Pre-scenery pics (no trees):

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Pics with scenery:

1st half of ride:
Posted Image

2nd half of ride:
Posted Image

Random pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sorry i know that's alot of pics but i'm horrible at making choices.
VIDEO:

-CD33

Posted Image

#8 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:30 AM

I posted this info in the other thread (the 1st one i started) but i wanted to post it here also, since i'm not sure which thread people are using to talk about this. Anyway, don't worry wardcoasterz, u got some competition!

"Good work so far! Enter your models by the end of the day, and one more thing, i will be away for today and tomorrow morning so there will be no posts from me.

Someone is going to have to help me create the poll once this is over and i guess voting should start next week."

-CD33

Posted Image

#9 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:56 AM

cant you move the deadline i thought nobody was going to enter.

wardcc-2.png

#10 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:04 AM

I will enter if you change the deadline and the brake run rule.

Formally RK500

#11 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:33 AM

^which rule about the brake run? Do you want more than 2 brakes? There does NOT have to be an MCBR. Like i said in the final rules, the second brake can be right before the station if you want. Although i did say that there could be up to 3 trains, and in order to do that properly without 2 lifts, i guess you would need a 3rd brake so that the block count is right, that was my bad i just wasn't thinking.

I suppose i can change the deadline, although i thought that the whole contest was very clear from the beginning. I do agree that i didn't see hardly any entries yet, so to make things interesting i guess i have no choice but to move out the deadline.

Does April 15th sound good?

-CD33

Posted Image

#12 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:19 AM

I will enter (well try) but I don't know 280ft to meters... Or is there a setting in NL that I can change it to ft.

EDIT: I found it. :)

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#13 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:11 AM

^Yes, there is. How come you don't know how yet the default unit is metric? You must've changed it some how to get imperal. (ft.,in.,yr.,etc..)

Formally RK500

#14 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:15 AM

^which rule about the brake run? Do you want more than 2 brakes? There does NOT have to be an MCBR. Like i said in the final rules, the second brake can be right before the station if you want. Although i did say that there could be up to 3 trains, and in order to do that properly without 2 lifts, i guess you would need a 3rd brake so that the block count is right, that was my bad i just wasn't thinking.

I suppose i can change the deadline, although i thought that the whole contest was very clear from the beginning. I do agree that i didn't see hardly any entries yet, so to make things interesting i guess i have no choice but to move out the deadline.

Does April 15th sound good?

Yes, April 15 does sound good to me.

About the brake run thing: I meant the one about the blocks. Why can't we have a MCBR anda brake run at the end?

Formally RK500

#15 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:38 PM

^ To clarify what i've said, you CAN have a MCBR and a brake run at the end. My coaster uses an MCBR and the station brakes at the end, so i only have 2 brakes on the whole coaster. I just wanted to be different so i didn't use the traditional brake run BEFORE the station like on most coasters.

Plus, in my original rules, i said there could only be 2 brakes. So there would be no other way to do it since i have the MCBR.

However, since you guys have complained about it, and since there is no practical way to have 3 trains without 3 brakes, then, yes, everyone can now use up to (but no more than) 3 brake runs. This means,for example, you can use an MCBR, a pre-station brake, and the brakes IN the station. Or if you want you can have all 3 brakes right in a row. I don't really care about brakes...I just want to see some awesome layouts and nice looking curves and hills. Get 'em done!

-CD33

Posted Image

#16 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:39 PM

This is my newest entry

Greets jespercoasters

Posted Image

#17 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:03 AM

this is my entry!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

wardcc-2.png

#18 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:42 AM

Ok guys, well as of last night the contest is over. No more entries will be accepted. So that means there were only 3 entries. Mine, jespers, and wards. Rollerkid500 and Kevyn320, i don't know where your entries are, i haven't seen them so i'm assuming you don't have one or it is not finished.

I gave a 15 day extension so in all fairness to those who entered on time i cannot accept any more rides for the contest. However, if either of you have a coaster you want to post by all means post it in the simulators forum (i'd still like to see them) but please not in this one.

Anyway, awesome job by jesper with sfinx and Ward with the transformer. You guys really made awesome rides there and i think all three of our coasters are really cool and original. You guys def. beat me on theming.
So should we even have a poll? Let me know, and if so we will do it next week, i need help setting up a poll i'm not sure how.

-CD33

Posted Image

#19 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

I think we should have a poll.

Posted Image

#20 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:10 PM

I WILL MAKE THE POLL! chaindogg, you may not have much theming but you ride is AWESOME i was actually planning to vote on you

EDIT: THE POLL IS MADE CAN YOU CHECK IT CHAINDOGG33? ARE THE RESULTS HIDDEN?

wardcc-2.png