#21 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:44 PM

:(

I cant see the pics, just some photobucket error

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#22 HamenChiz

HamenChiz

HamenChiz

• 680 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

^ PHOTOBUCKET maintainance. Go to there site you'll see "Photobucket is under maintainance"

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Sorunome

Sorunome

Programmer

• 436 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:27 PM

that looks nice! :)

logo_v1_small.png 36691.png

#24 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:53 PM

One thing I think is important is to build the launch on a slope, so the trains rolls nicely back in the chain. This prevents the chain dog from snapping.

Posted Image

#25 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:51 PM

^Thanks, I'll do that
I don't know why every one is complaining about a lack of pictures, I gave you 5 pictures of a launch and a video. Anyways, here is more of a lack of pictures! (There isn't much to show) Guess what it is!
Posted Image
Posted Image

By the way, here is a DNA model that spins that I made for school:
Posted Image

Comment!

EDIT: Oh yeah, one other thing, I took out one set of red gears from the launch, and transported it to my friend's house...

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#26 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:05 PM

Wow, that looks really good and the automation is superb! I think the element is either the beginning of a c-roll, or the second half of a Norwegian loop,. I doubt it is the loop, though it would be very cool to see done on an automated launched ride like this.

Posted Image

#27 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:30 PM

Love the automated drill launch! It has a simple yet effective design. I especially like the mechanism which switches off the red motor. On the auto switches I've built the hardest part is getting the motor to turn off and have the piece slip past the switch. The design you have seems like it would make that part a lot less touchy. Very well done. :)

Posted Image

Valleyfair Recres:..........My Tutorials:......

................Steel Venom................Automatic Station Gates.......

..........Corkscrew...................Automatic Drill Launch....

...Round About................Auto on/off switch..

#28 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:19 PM

Well, I finally got to build a bit, and this piece is done and ready to be transported to my friend's house. I think that most of the future building will take place at my friend's house. Small update, but a name now!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:01 PM

This is looking very interesting! Automated launch.... I'm so jealous... :(

#30 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:49 PM

I'm back, and after a 4 hour period of building, I finally have an update :D
The launch is in trouble shooting stage right now, I have broken about 3 tan clips, if you have any advice as to how to make the launch work consistently, let me know please!
Also, name suggestions are welcome. My main idea right now is "Millennium Falcon", but please, if you have a better name, let me know!
I also tried a new color combo, and I really, really like the look of it. It looks more realistic.
Pictures:
Dive loop time!
Posted Image
Here is a comparison picture:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Enjoy!

#31 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:54 PM

Looks the best it has ever looked like before. Good job! There is nothing bad to point out about it. :)

EDIT: Nevermind. The dive loop is a little too tight.

DOUBLE EDIT: Posted Image

Formally RK500

#32 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:58 PM

I like it a lot, and it seems to be unfolding pretty well and I can't wait to see whats next because everything looks great on it, and your shaping rocks!

Posted Image

#33 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

It looks very nice! I only have two minor problems with it; one, the dive loop is a little sharp at the top, like RollerKid said. If you like it how it is, I have no problem with it, but if you're going for complete realism, you might want to make the top a bit wider. The other thing is the middle tubing. If you're really attached to its color, you can leave it, but it's better not to use BBF tubing. It's a lot smaller and more flexible than normal coaster tubing, and it normally comes off easily. Other than those two things, it looks fantastic, and I can't wait to see more! :)

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#34 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

I really like it. If you want to fix the sharpness of the dive loop you can ^ like RCF said. I'm really liking the way this is turning out though. Move on...

-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#35 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

So are you and the Josh Monster friends or something? Cause I'm pretty sure that is his corkscrew recre in the background.

Posted Image

#36 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:54 PM

So are you and the Josh Monster friends or something? Cause I'm pretty sure that is his corkscrew recre in the background.

Yes, we have built Thunder Dragon, Eagle Eye, Wildfire, and Wolverine Wildcat together. This is the first coaster I have built by myself, and the corkscrew his first.

Looks the best it has ever looked like before. Good job! There is nothing bad to point out about it. :)

EDIT: Nevermind. The dive loop is a little too tight.

DOUBLE EDIT: Posted Image

I have made it a little bit less tight, but I am not exactly going for that look.

I like it a lot, and it seems to be unfolding pretty well and I can't wait to see whats next because everything looks great on it, and your shaping rocks!

Thanks!

It looks very nice! I only have two minor problems with it; one, the dive loop is a little sharp at the top, like RollerKid said. If you like it how it is, I have no problem with it, but if you're going for complete realism, you might want to make the top a bit wider. The other thing is the middle tubing. If you're really attached to its color, you can leave it, but it's better not to use BBF tubing. It's a lot smaller and more flexible than normal coaster tubing, and it normally comes off easily. Other than those two things, it looks fantastic, and I can't wait to see more! :)

Same as ^^, and I am really attached to the color combo :D

I really like it. If you want to fix the sharpness of the dive loop you can ^ like RCF said. I'm really liking the way this is turning out though. Move on...

-AsM

Thanks!

Well, I finally got some more time to build, and I made a unique element. I will name it a double take if it is a unique element. Also, I got the launch to work really well, and I will eventually make a tutorial related to how I made it work without breaking tan clips. In addition, I am running low on granite rods, mostly due to Josh's station, and I am going to theme the coaster star-wars, with planets and ships (Credit to Josh). I will upload a video next update, I couldn't get one this time because the camera ran out of batteries.

Anyways, pictures!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

That looks SICK! The only request I have is that you raise the middle of that heartline thing. Right now it dips down too much.

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#38 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:03 PM

It's kinda like 2 stengel dives.

Ok, that's not funny. Anways, I like this!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#39 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

The forth picture down and the last picture show a sharp spot in banking/heartlining and a sraight spot. It's caused by the connector's length; it is too long.

Formally RK500

#40 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

Looks good! I would just move the top of the first stengel to the right a bit in the last picture, as RollerKid said. I also agree with what Knexrule said, the dip should be moved up a bit. Also, it's spelled "Millennium," not "Millenium," so you might want to change that. ;)

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bezempje95