• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Micronex

Micronex

Another piece for my collection

• 1270 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:54 PM

-everything you are about to read is true-

Anyway, at Adventure Island (Southend, UK) yesterday, I queued for Rage alone. Since they fill trains, I got to the front quickly next to three hot girls around my age (swapped numbers with two), however the gates wouldn't open. I got a few pics of the ride and got to know them, but back to the point: I was there 25 minutes waiting for the gates to open. When we all got on the ride, we had a 5-minute wait at the block brake before the lift. I thought the car could go, but obv not.

So, have any of you ever been in a breakdown? Just want to hear if I'm the only person here with this sort of luck.

#2 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:16 PM

well i was in a situation when the train stopped for leaving, the bars wouldnt go up, no problem, it were just bars to pull over you, so we could sneak out of it, but the fat lady in the back had to wait until the peole came for reparing it :P

wardcc-2.png

#3 knex-man

knex-man

Dutch Details employee

• 573 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:46 PM

I have been stuck for 20 minutes on the lift of the Goliath at Walibi Holland. The train didn´t hook up with the cable lift correctly, the cable lift went to the top of the lifthill, but we were left behind somewhere at 1-4th of the lift hill. Then some technical staff went up the lift and helped us out the train. So I got to walk down the catwalk of the Goliath!

#4 Kraken

Kraken

SSC's meme abuser

• 709 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:57 PM

Oh, yes I have, and it was pretty annoying. Basicly, I was on Kingda Ka. I got into the car with my friend, the usual stuff. They roll us out onto the launch, and there is a car right infront of us. When it was our time to launch, we didn't move. Sitting there 5, 10, 15 minutes. Then they finally roll us back into the station and we have to wait an additional 40 minutes to ride... I saw how workers went to check something out with the launch. So yeah, that sucked :(

Posted Image

#5 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

I got to the front quickly next to three hot girls around my age (swapped numbers with two).

You lucky bastard.

Er, while at Kings Island today the Beast and DBack had technical difficulties.

The biggest one at KI was, you guessed it, the 2005 or 2006 Son of Beast Accident. However, I only went on P&G day at that time, so I didn't get to see it.

Posted Image

#6 Kraken

Kraken

SSC's meme abuser

• 709 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:23 PM

Final Destination 3. :D

Posted Image

#7 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

Knex-man, that sounds cool!

One time I was on Superman at SFMM, and the computers shut down when we got to the end of the launch (it happened often in the heat, before they remodeled it). So on the return trip, the car did not stop all the way. We flew through the station and onto the emergency brake track, where we sat for almost an hour before they towed us back into the station.

#8 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

Once, on Batwing, the cars didn't return to normal is the station. So we had to sit there, on our back for a half-an-hour while the operators had to manually lift the sets back up.

Another time, while waiting in line for Millennium Force, a tire in the transfer section before the unloading station burst. They had to let the train on the lift finish it's coarse, load the train in the station onto the transfer track, take the other one in the unloading station into the station, and put the on on the track into the unloading station. Then, they fixed it, let the train n the station and the one on the transfer track go again, and unload the one in the unloading station.

Formally RK500

#9 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:40 PM

Once upon a time
I was on a coaster with a loop de loop and I got stuck on the top of it.
The blood like rushed to my head. Then I passed out.
It was like awesome. Until I stopped dreaming.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:50 PM

^ Demon at SFGAm got stuck upside down at the top of its loop once. The trucks on one of the trains broke and it grinded to a halt at the top of the loop. Upside down. It was a while ago and family friend was actually on it.

#11 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

I got stuck on the end brake run of Dominator at Geauga lake once. They had to get out special floors to attach and get us off and then I got to walk along the brake run which was kinda cool.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#12 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:29 PM

TTD broke down yesterday and I waited for 5 minutes on the brake run. Boring.

#13 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:14 PM

I was so close to walking down the lift of Steel Force. An employee was talking us through it as he got messaged that we were cleared to go. I was pretty bummed that we didn't get to walk. I basically always hope for a catwalk evac or a rollback for launch coasters.

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#14 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:18 PM

Stuck on Top Gun for 15 minutes on lift hill in the rain.
Evac-ed of Millennium Forces brake run.
Broke TTD with Marc, got the last launch before a breakdown.
Bad launch on Flight of Fear, stopped at end of launch track (brakes) and pushed back by ride-ops to station.
Stuck on Racer lift for 15 minutes at 45 degrees F.
2 trains away from a rollback on Volcano.

That's all I can think of right now.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#15 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:01 AM

My whole family was on Harry Potter & The Forbidden Journey and the ride just stopped and the lights turned on. We saw all the behind the scenes action of the ride, it was so awesome. Then they gave us a free pass back on when the line was like six hours long later in the day.

I also had to evac off of the brakerun of Batman at SFGA, they had to roll out special carts so we could get out.

I know I have more, but I'm drawing a blank :o

-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#16 reaperdoctor

reaperdoctor

SQUISH IT!!!!

• 716 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:20 AM

Let's see:

1) When there was a power cut in Chertsey, we happened to be at Thorpe Park on a school trip, in the middle of a ride on Vortex. We started swinging freely for about half an hour, then it took them another half hour to get us out. They decided to let our particular seats out last... They gave everyone in the park that day free evac tickets for another day.

2) I was stuck on the final brake run of Saw: The Ride for about 20 minutes. We could see all the other cars behind us stopped at various points including the top of the lift hill spike... It didn't take them long to fix and we got a free fast track to ride again for the frankly bearable wait.

3) I wasn't on the ride at the time, but Th13teen got stuck on its second friction wheel run 3 times while we were queuing, and they eventually closed the ride.

In short: I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt, and had it mass produced in a Bangladeshi sweatshop...

John 3:16

'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#17 Micronex

Micronex

• 1270 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:12 PM

Got stuck on one of Rattlesnake's brakeruns for a couple mins the other day :')

#18 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

Stuck on Blue Streak's lift hill for 5 minutes while an employee walked up the catwalk and talked to a lady about why you shouldn't be taking an on-ride video. :P

Got on Storm Runner front row after waiting for an hour, and didn't get to ride due to an "unexpected breakdown" (chances are, if you go to Hershey for a day, Storm Runner will break down at least once).

There have been more minor ones that I can't think of right now.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#19 Micronex

Micronex

• 1270 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:29 AM

Broke Nemesis Inferno yesterday :)

#20 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:15 AM

I wasn't on the ride, but after waiting in the front row line for Great Bear at Hershey Park for over an hour, the train went up the lift as it usually does and got stuck about a fifth of the way up the lift. We decided to wait because we thought that someone had a camera on board, but no. About an hour passed and we dropped out of line to realize that 20 minutes later (while riding SuperDooperLooper) they were running the ride.

On a two day trip to Cedar Point, we decided that it would be awesome to ride Millennium Force. We waited in line for two hours, got to the walkway up to the station when the lift broke down. They announced that they didn't know how long it would take to fix the lift, so we dropped out. Day two came along and we decided to try again, same thing happens only a little higher up on the walk way to the station. We decided that it was worth it to wait because it would be my first Giga coaster, and so we did. About a half hour later the ride was up and running and another half hour and we were on it.

I've never really been on a ride when it broke down,. but being in line for it when it does break down is the closest that I've come to.

Posted Image