BGE Trip Report - 9/1/11

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:45 AM

Yesterday I had gone to BGE, and took some pictures. Not alot, but a few. Also got some construction pictures!

(Sorry about the size of the pictures, I wanted the best quality)

First sighting of the park:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Apollo's wicked section:
Posted Image

Apollo hiding in the background:
Posted Image

Entrance:
Posted Image

Griffon heading through second Immelmann:
Posted Image

The best location for a Griffon picture:
Posted Image

Now for sneaky behind-the-tarp construction pictures!

I guess that BBW's village used to be here:
Posted Image

BBW's station:
Posted Image

Footers off in the distance:
Posted Image

Repainted and refurbished footers:
Posted Image

Pressure-washed and cleaned footers:
Posted Image

Last few pictures of the park:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The final picture:
Posted Image

REPORT TIME!

Loch Ness Monster was very cool, one of my favorite pre-lifts. The first loop is awesome, except the trims right before it, they actually hurt. The two and a half helix is awesome and very smooth, but the bump before the second lift isn't comfertable. Right after that is a 1/4 helix down, and in the grassy area we saw a deer (it looked kinda like bambi)! The second loop is better than the first one, because if you duel, you are face to face with the other riders.

Ride count: 2

Europe in the Air: DO NOT RIDE! Motion is very rough, when the screen pans left, you jerk right. Very sickening.

Ride count: 1

Griffon: Very fun, got the first row and edge. The holding brake for the drop is incredible, and the g's on the ride are awesome. First immelmann gives a sweet view for a couple of seconds, then the drop into the second immelmann is great, even though it isn't 90*. Splashdown is very smooth, except for the airhill into the brakes, it isn't smooth at all.

Ride count: 3

Alpengeist: Rather intense, and extremely fun. The drop is awesome, and the immelmann is rather smooth. The loop pulls some insane g's, but the cobra roll pulls even more. However, after the first half loop in the C-roll, it becomes painful. Right after the C-roll is a very smooth turn into the MCBR, then a drop into a 0-g roll. The rest of the ride is low to the ground, and the foot choppers are incredible.

Ride count: 3

Mach Tower: Very slow lift up, but gives a great view of the park. I saw more construction behind a wooden fence. The shaking is meh, and the drop is meh compared to Drop Zone, but still gives great airtime.

Escape from Pompeii: Themeing is good, but rather short. I didn't get drenched, but the people with the water cannons get you drenched. If it wasn't for the theming, it wouldn't have been worth riding it.

Apollo's Chariot: Easily my favorite ride in the park. We rode in the back row each time we went on it. The airtime is just incredible, and the dive next to the river is awesome! The rosebowl-type element is amazing, and the last bunny hills are awesome. Also, in the river right before the rosebowl-thing I SAW A FREAKING TURTLE.

Ride count: 4

Le Scoot Log Flume: Rather fun, actually. When you ride it, put heavy people in the back, and lightest people in the front. The view is cool, being up in the air in a forest. Rather fun.

Total CoasterCount: 67

The park was awesome, and I'd go back for the 2012 launcher.

That is my TR! I hope you enjoyed!

Posted Image

#2 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:35 PM

So we still don't know what the 2012 coaster is?

EDIT: Nevermind, I remember now. BGE is one of the parks I want to visit the most.