Hershey Park 9/3/11

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:43 PM

Ok I'm going to apologize in advance about this report, it does not include any pictures. Since it's my home park it didn't really even cross my mind.

We started of with Fahrenheit which opened late due to bad weather on the drive up. We waited outside the queue anyway and while we were waiting rode The Howler which is ride next to Farenheit's station. Within a few minutes of getting off that ride they started testing and opened the queue. We got on the front seat in about 10 minutes, which is well worth the wait IMO.
Then we headed over to Stormrunner which again we waited for the front when they closed the ride about 3 cars before us. Knowing how unreliable launched coasters are from TTD and KK we just left and walked right across the path to Sidewinder. It's known for giving you whiplash, so I knew what to expect but to my surprise they had switched over to the new Vekoma trains and restraints which were very comfortable and tbh made the ride about twice as good. After that we saw Stormrunner was running again but they only had one side open and the line was very long so we moved on.
After that we went to Wildcat which was very fun, especially in the front, but was a lot rougher than I remember. We ate lunch. Then we rode Lightning Racer on Thunder and lost :( sadly.
Then we went over to the other side of the park and rode Flying Falcons and the Coal Cracker to cool off. After that we waited like an hour for the middle seat of Great Bear. We headed over and rode Stormrunner twice one in the middle one in the front and ate dinner after that. Then we rode SooperDooperLooper in the front seat. Then Comet in the front seat.
Then we saw the line for Great Bear was smaller so we waited about 30 minutes for the front seat, plus it was dark which made the ride incredible and made up for how short the ride actually is. Then with an hour and a half left before closing, we jogged over to Stormrunner and road the front seat in the dark which was also incredible. With about 45 minutes before closing we jogged over to Fahrenheit and got in the front seat on one of the last rides of the day and also my favorite ride of the day :D.

It was a great way to end with my top 3 in the front, in the dark.

1. Fahrenheit
2. Stormrunner
3. Great Bear

We also got to see some of the construction of SkyRush which looks great even if it is a bunch of footers and moved dirt. And that wrapped up the day at the park.

-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#2 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:12 PM

Lightning (typically) wins! Everyone knows that. :P

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#3 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

^ It's true lol

-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem