Most Popular Inversions?

elements inversions lambchopz pjas

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Which 3 Elements are most common in Sit down Coasters? (141 member(s) have cast votes)

Which 3 Elements are most common in Sit down Coasters?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:34 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm doing a science project for the Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science and I was going to test maintaining velocity in elements for a sitdown coaster to see which will maintain the highest velocity from it's initial velocity entering the element to see if blah blah blah...

I simply need to find 5 inversions to test, but I'm not exactly sure which ones to test. I already want to test Clothoid Loops and Corks but I don't know about the other 3 elements.

If you could just vote on 3 elements and possibly explain why you'd choose that element in a single post on this thread (ex: common in most coasters, ect) that would help me out even more!

If there are any inversions/elements you can think of that I'm missing, feel free to post them and I'll take them under consideration.

Thanks!
Chopz

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#2 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

i vote for zero g roll, i love that element

wardcc-2.png

#3 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:41 PM

These might not be the most common but they should work well.

Heartline roll (It has become a basic element, and also it is similar yet very different from a corkscrew)

Immellemann (sorry I can't spell)

Dive Loop.

The immellemann and the dive are almost opposites to each other so it should provide interesting feedback.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:50 PM

Immelmann: Rather common

Zero-G: Common and would be interesting to test.

Pretzel loop: Not common, but I selected this because it would be very interesting to test.

Posted Image

#5 Micronex

Micronex

Another piece for my collection

• 1270 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:06 PM

Cobra Roll - tends to be quite common these days. They are common on B&M and Intamin's coasters. They are quite awesome, variable (B&M-style, wide, B-roll style, turning, everything.)
Immelmann - They seem common on B&M's coasters, amongst other manufacturers. i WANT TO SEE THIS DONE :D
0G Roll - Just for the win.

#6 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:34 PM

I voted for cobra roll, zero g, and incline loop. Incline loops are not as common as other elements, but would be cool to see its variance with vertical loops and clothoid loops.

Posted Image

#7 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

I chose Zero-G, Cobra Roll, and Dive Loop. I think all three would be interesting to test.

-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#8 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

Zero-g, Dive loop, Cobra roll.

Those are all really common, but also because they'd provide interesting speed results. Especially a cobra roll since they are known for killing speed.

#9 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:02 PM

Going with Steels oppinion.

Kinda wondering how you are planning on measuring the speed/forces and stuff.

#10 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:51 PM

^ I'm only goinig to measure speed by using photogates that I used for my last years project which was very very very sucessful. I made both my loops last year the same height. I plan to do the same thing with the elements in this years project, although it might be hard to get a Corkscrew the same height as an Immelman.

There are pictures of my slides and the photogates on PJAS 2010-2011. The photogates were set off by a 1.5cm fin attached to the first car which I'll do again for this year's project. This year I plan to do something similar to last year, but is again completely unique. This is simply a continuation of last years project.

Thank you to everyone who voted so far!!! Your opinions are extremely helpful and I'm very thankful for it!!

The elements that will most likely be chosen are Clothoid Loops, Corkscrews, Zero-G-Rolls, Cobra Rolls, and Immelmanns. The poll will be kept open about another month so I can confirm it, but they will most likely be chosen.

I will most likely be making a mention of this thread and SSCoasters.net. I'll be including a picture of the poll after it closes on my presentation so I can show the results of the voting. Staff, it is OK that I mention us (SSCoasters.net) in my presentation?

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#11 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:09 AM

Staff, it is OK that I mention us (SSCoasters.net) in my presentation?

Of course it is. :)

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#12 Micronex

Micronex

• 1270 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

Cobra Roll
Immelmann
0G Roll

Now see...

Zero-G-Rolls, Cobra Rolls, and Immelmanns.

Oooh yessss

#13 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:43 AM

Of course it is. :)

Yay!

Now see...
Oooh yessss

The results so far don't depict your individual post, it depicts the results of the poll and you were just lucky by choosing the 3 that have the top 3 votes.

It would still be great to see as many people vote as possible so I have conclusive evidence for choosing the elements. There is still over a month left in the poll!

#14 RideOnKI

RideOnKI

BANNED

• 233 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:49 AM

I voted Zero G Roll, Cobra Roll, and Immelman

#15 RCExtreme

RCExtreme

Entry Engineer

• 851 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

I voted cobra roll, 0-G roll, and dive loop. I honestly think that dive loops are more common than immelmanns.

#16 Micronex

Micronex

• 1270 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:40 PM

Yay!

The results so far don't depict your individual post, it depicts the results of the poll and you were just lucky by choosing the 3 that have the top 3 votes.

It would still be great to see as many people vote as possible so I have conclusive evidence for choosing the elements. There is still over a month left in the poll!

I know, I'm just a part of public majority. :D

#17 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:14 PM

If you haven't voted yet, please do so! I will be C&P a picture of the poll into my presentation to show that I did in fact create and use it, so the more votes the better!

Also, everyone who votes gets a cookie!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: elements, inversions, lambchopz, pjas