The Trauma Thread

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: did there ever happen something that REALLY changed your live? (emotional)

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

did there ever happen something that REALLY changed your live? (emotional)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

hello everybody. you probably saw the weird title already. it's because i want to start a thread about things that really change peoples lives. i know this isnt the funniest thing to talk about but i just want to share my problems with you of the past 2 years. in december 2009, the doctors noticed my sister had leukaemia. for the people who dont know that, it's a cancer that really messes up your blood and the defence system of your body. from then times were getting harder and harder and it looked like my sister wasnt going to make it. it were really hard times. but when my sister could leave the hospital after 2-3 months , it gave us a bit more hope. from then she was getting better and better every month. now shes almost okay, but she still needs a special cure every few weeks for around a year from now. now we are still hoping she will get through everything. but this summer we went to new york thanks to MAKE A WISH. but here is some more bad news... this year, in january, my aunt died. she also had cancer and didnt make it. our whole family is still really sad about what happened back then... that were some things that really changed my life. did something like this ever happened to you? and did it really change your life? it doesnt have to be negative.
i hope you all understand that this should be taken seriously, and dont start joking around. and if you have never experienced something like this before, i hope you will experience this as less as possible in the future.

Wardcoastez

wardcc-2.png

#2 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:07 PM

Everybody has been through something. The important thing is to do just that, get through it. Yeah, life sucks sometimes, but you will be a better person after the experience. Also, don't make it a competition. I've told countless people my traumatic experiences only to have them respond "Oh yeah? Well this happened to me!"

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#3 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

Just saying, but the title should be "trauma thread". ;)

^ I completely hate it when people do that. They just want to make themselves feel better and get more attention because of exaggerations.

*sarcasm* Does having your dad open a door and purposefully fall out and onto the street at 45 mph count? And before anyone asks, yes he lived.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#4 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:16 PM

Steve Jobs passing away. I am a big Apple fan and it means a lot to me.

Formally RK500

#5 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

wardcoastez, I know exactly where you're coming from. I lost both my aunt and my grandma to lukemia several years ago.

The most life-changing event in my life was when I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior when I was 11.

#6 BGEurope Kid

BGEurope Kid

Architect

• 476 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:52 PM

I wouldn't call this traumatic, but my sister has a chromosome deletion that slows all her development down drastically. She's 12 now and can only say a few very basic words. She can use pretty simple sign language, but she can understand very well. It's more of a burden than a traumatic thing just because she required constant help and attention. It's really hard for sure just becasue it takes a lot from the rest of our family. For the longest time, we couldn't even go to church all together becasue she wouldn't sit through it. Shit happens to everyone, we all just have a different way of dealing with things. I just try to keep my head up and be the best brother possible.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Lurking around

• 1290 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:09 AM

I don't know if this counts or not, but I'll say it anyways.

I became a Brony.
Problem?

Posted Image
I play too many MMO's and MOBA's

#8 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

Hauntings. They are the absolute worst thing that can happen to a family. My family has experienced 2 of them and they are horrible. They cause you to become jumpy, nerveous, and to not even trust family members. They completely destroy families and make you hold a strong hate for your family members. Most people that would read this would think it's bullcrap but trust me, you have to witness it to believe it. Another thing people seem to think is that it would be awesome to live in a haunted house but it is terrible. Please, if you ever even suspect that your house is haunted, either call a priest or move out immediately. I am not kidding.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#9 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:34 PM

My mom used to live in a haunted house so she says, she told me that one day she lost a skeleton key (a key to unlock all doors in a household) and five years later they dug up the floor in their basement and found the key... a bit spooky but not bad.

Back on topic, My life changing event was having my cousin killed in a car crash very recently his name was dillan and he lived in saracuse new york, he was taking a corner in his friends car, speeding, going back to his friends house to play video games, which was going to be his main collage course, when the car went skidding off the road and into a tree crushing the passenger, killing my cousin instantly, this all happened of the fourth of july.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#10 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:51 AM

^this year????^ i was in new york on 4th of july.

wardcc-2.png

#11 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:21 AM

My dad passed away when I was 7 years old. Within a month both my grandma and my uncle died. 3 family members lost in 1 month...

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:47 AM

Well, it's kind of odd, but I have two long term experiences.
First, I was bullied on my bus and at school for five years. (Kindergarten-4th grade) My mom told me that I used to come off of the bus in tears in kindergarten. Even though we told the bus driver 17 (and yes I counted) times, and the principal at least 5 times, it never stopped until the two bullies went to middle school when I was in 5th grade. But, one day in the local park, there was a fourth of July celebration. There were games, and one of the prizes was a pocket knife. Apparently, the main bully borrowed one from his dad. He got on his bike, and chased me with it. Later, without the knife, his 'henchman' grabbed my legs so I couldn't move. Then the bully tackled me and beat me up, although in the end I got on top of him and pulled out some of his hair.
The second thing is that I have a knee condition known as ostiochondritis dissecans, or OCD for short. Fast forward one year; my knees hurt still, and one day at school, they gave out. So we went to a doctor and he told me I had bersitis. So I did the assigned streches for a while, but then my knees hurt even more, so I stopped. Then about a year later, we went to another doctor, and I had two MRI's and they told me I had OCD. OCD is a case where bloodflow is lost due to overactivity. The bone then 'dies', and the blood vessels slowly (about over the course of two years approx.) I almost had surgery, but I decided to wait it out, and since then, after 8 MRI's, and numerous doctor visits, my knees are not healed just yet, but in about six months they will hopefully be healed