cg55 coaster secret winter

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 ArrowFanBoy

ArrowFanBoy

Formerly known as CG55

• 136 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

Hey guys this is my FIRST coaster on HERE! (As in I am not a n00b at build-er-ing...)
So here is what I am willing to show for now, but I am keeping this as secret as possible! Here is what you get to see...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sorry it's so messed up... my cat decided to rub all over it, knocking down the whole lift... It will be fixed ASAP...
comments, questions, concerns?
-Reid

#2 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:23 PM

Yes. I'm no VV expert, but I'd say that you should straigten the lift some more, make your supports straight and since your not using tubes as far as I can see, you might want to make some more supports, just for support you know.

-=tK=-

Posted Image

#3 ArrowFanBoy

ArrowFanBoy

Formerly known as CG55

• 136 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

Yes. I'm no VV expert, but I'd say that you should straigten the lift some more, make your supports straight and since your not using tubes as far as I can see, you might want to make some more supports, just for support you know.

-=tK=-

I know, I know but I had to really rush because I just left, and I am replying to this on my iPad... The drop isn't supported because I haven't gotten to it yet (that support on the drop is temporary so I can work on the lift and spine... The drop has nice shape but since the bottom half is gone for a while for a few reasons, it needs that support...), and I need to order some more pieces to make the spine (see Stig's 'Scrap Attack'). When I took these pics I was in the middle of tweaking the main support (so it looks better and straight as well) and making another large support for the sagging part of the lift (I already have a plan). Nothing about the chain returnt? Really?

#4 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

I think the chain return was too awesome to comment on. ;)

Where the one grey gear is in the 5th picture there should be 2 gears hooking on to the little prongs on the outside of the chain. Continue!

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#5 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

To tell the truth it doesn't look stirdy at all IMO. Your chain return is a good idea but I think you should try to keep it at more of a straight line, rather than how it is now kind of going up and down (but that's more of appearance than technical). Your back-bone actually looks good, but it seems flimsy as you only have one big ground touching support. Also, I hope you rework the support for the drop track, long single rod supports don't often turn out good. After you add more to it I'm sure it will look better and stirdier though, keep going. :)

#6 ArrowFanBoy

ArrowFanBoy

Formerly known as CG55

• 136 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:10 AM

@Max- yeah I know how the gears work! I just wanted to CONSERVE THEM for a unique station idea but I changed them so it should look better
@Alex- If you READ the post above, I had already answered some of your questions....
1. I will and did add more support/straighten the lift
2. That support on the drop is TEMPORARY! I got rid of it to cut down on confusion
3. I hadn't finished the chain return, but now I have...

Here is the COMPLETED lift structure!

overview:
Posted Image
chain return:
Posted Image
Main support:
Posted Image
looking down the lift:
Posted Image

Questions, Comments, Concerns?

-Reid

#7 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:23 AM

well, right now you lift looks really weird, i think you should re- do the lift maybe w/ boxes,you motor isn´t well supported and you base doesn´t look strong.

so maybe try out what gromit done in his vv(lift) and you´ll be ok ;)

#8 ArrowFanBoy

ArrowFanBoy

Formerly known as CG55

• 136 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

I'm not going to be changing my lift, acctually. It is very strong and i can easily move it with two fingers... (its light, stable, etc.) I planned on moving the motor, but I am still not going to redo this lift...

#9 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:14 PM

some people may not like it but i do ;) good job for your first lift, my VERY first lift was not that good :P just try to make that motor a little more stable :)

wardcc-2.png

#10 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

You may want to make the base stronger, but it looks good otherwise. My first coaster was completely unsupported and used a chair to hold it up, but that was more than 6 years ago.

#11 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

^ pics or videos?

Yeah pretty much what the others said. It's looking much better than before. But did I see a single gear on part of the lift? =/

. .:P

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#12 Treeko890coastr

Treeko890coastr

Dark Explorers!

• 879 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

Looks good but what the heck is up with the base??????
=/ (thumbsup)

#13 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:00 AM

Try making a double base, and please add a tension gear. Now the chain is hanging loose.

#14 ArrowFanBoy

ArrowFanBoy

Formerly known as CG55

• 136 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:22 AM

VERBAL UPDATE:
Ok guys settle down about the base... I wanted to finish the lift first... so I made a much better base THAT IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE and is very stable. Also, I will be revealing a car today that I hope you all will like... I should also have a few pics of the new-and-improved lift and base... I have also finished the pre-lift and station track, and I have a neat little idea for transportation system... but for now... ANTICIPATION!

#15 ArrowFanBoy

ArrowFanBoy

Formerly known as CG55

• 136 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

As promised... and update:
New-and-Improved base-
Posted Image
Pre-lift (not done... dont worry...)-
Posted Image
I made a second lift truss and a new gear system with no slack as requested... not naming names... *cough*Ruben*cough*-
Posted Image

And the good part:
Name: Peregrin: Ruler of the Skies
the Peregrin is the fastest animal on the planet diving at speeds of up to 202 mph! I though that explains the ride...

here is a pic of the spine....
Posted Image

and here is the back car of the train... should explain what this ride is going to be....

Posted Image

Please note: these are just seats to give you an idea of when the trains are don't worry they are good as gone!

Comments, questions, concerns?
-Reid

#16 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

That's going to be a cool looking train.

#17 ArrowFanBoy

ArrowFanBoy

Formerly known as CG55

• 136 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

That's going to be a cool looking train.

Thanks, and I hope so... that is the "tail" (is that not clear?) and I hope to add a "head" on the front of the 3-4 car train...

#18 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:10 PM

Those single rods are not going good enough to function as a base. I dare you that if I gave it a slight push they would just snap of and the thing would fall over.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

Very Nice! This looks like it will come out to be a very cool coaster!

Posted Image

#20 -Saam-

-Saam-

-

• 192 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

Hmm.. It looks rather interesting right now. The train looks pretty awesome! Can't wait to see more!