cg55 coaster secret winter

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 ArrowFanBoy

ArrowFanBoy

Formerly known as CG55

• 136 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

Those single rods are not going good enough to function as a base. I dare you that if I gave it a slight push they would just snap of and the thing would fall over.

Of course, I knew someone would bring this up... I designed this so that it will be able to fall over and I can just tilt it back into a standing position. The lift alone has fallen over at least 20 times and been moved around about 40 times and is STILL THE EXACT SAME DESIGN. The reason for this is:
1. My grandparents are moving in and I built were ever I could, which means moving around alot.
2. Our cat just LOVES to rub up on it and knock it over all the time so I need it to be able to just sit out and him not break it... for some reason my dog isnt very nosey with the K'nex...

Very Nice! This looks like it will come out to be a very cool coaster!

Thanks! Im really glad you like this! I hope I can finish this...

Hmm.. It looks rather interesting right now. The train looks pretty awesome! Can't wait to see more!

Thanks! and a little Verbal Update: IMO I have made a pretty freakin' awsome wingrider drop! I just need to add the spine tomorrow... I want to get another set from Costco tomorrow and start on the next element... It has a very nice B&M snap and reaches about 65-70 degrees... reminds me alot of Wild Eagle over at Dollywood (which I hope to be riding soon... well after Windseeker at KD and Verbolten at BGW of course!)

#22 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

Is still don't understand the single rods, if your cat constantly nocks it over why not try to make a base strong enough to withstand him. It may be a challenge but if your lift falls over so does you awesome drop and probably the rest of the coaster will not work as you are planning it to. ANYWAYS, great car a bit jealous of it though:P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#23 ArrowFanBoy

ArrowFanBoy

Formerly known as CG55

• 136 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

Is still don't understand the single rods, if your cat constantly nocks it over why not try to make a base strong enough to withstand him. It may be a challenge but if your lift falls over so does you awesome drop and probably the rest of the coaster will not work as you are planning it to. ANYWAYS, great car a bit jealous of it though:P

Thanks and I REALLY dont have that many pieces... If I do more than this I will have to make this ride much smaller than I am planning... Also, he kinda has stopped messing with it and the base will grow... You'll see...

#24 Micronex

Micronex

Another piece for my collection

• 1270 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:00 AM

Scrap the cars and make it a Th13teen recreation ;)
joking
Think that would be pretty win

Can't wait to see how it turns out!

#25 ArrowFanBoy

ArrowFanBoy

Formerly known as CG55

• 136 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:19 AM

Scrap the cars and make it a Th13teen recreation ;)
joking
Think that would be pretty win

Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Eh.... no? Your dream might come true some day ;)

Ok guys, I should have an update up sometime today...

#26 ArrowFanBoy

ArrowFanBoy

Formerly known as CG55

• 136 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:37 AM

I said there was going to be an update yesterday but my STUPID PHONE decided that it would upolad the pictures to 99% then have them fail :( So this morning I got it to work and I have an Update as promised! PLEASE NOTE: the track is not very smooth becuase I have not been able to start on the spine and I need to order some more pieces for the spine. Also, I am testing the clearence as a build! Don't say: "will the train fit through that?" cause it will! I am also going to re-support the lift to keep the middle from sagging as it is slightly now and it is annoying me. The supports a have a section of spine that connects the track and support until I am able to but the spine on the ride. I HAVE ALREADY TESTED THE SPINE! These are all the needed supports for how strong the spine is! I might be able to demonstrate on the drop some day because I have just enough peices to get most of the drop done, but I am really wanting to wait until I have finished the layout so I can just have ONE order of knex and not like 2-4 orders. I have the layout completed up to the MCBR which I might raise depending on the speed I can get once I have done the spine. And DONT TELL ME TO CHANGE THE BASE!

Pics?

Drop:
Posted Image

This first element is two interlocking Levathian type overbanks that to me looks like a pretzel loop from this angle... That is why I am going to call this an 'Inclined Pretzel Loop':
Posted Image

Another angle showing of the 'Inclined Pretzel Loop' and the 'Inlinetwist-Flatspin-Zero-G-Roll-Thingy'
Posted Image

Looking down the inversion:
Posted Image

Bunny hop up to the MCBR:
Posted Image

comments, questions, concerns?
-Reid

#27 Eggo

Eggo

Vote for Pedro!

• 1212 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

Aa little bumpy here and there, but overall, I like it... Nice little coaster!

Posted Image
|Millennium Force|TTD|El Toro|Bizarro|Maverick|Wildfire|Nitro|

#28 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

Yeah, it's pretty bumpy but it look good so far.