• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 RCD4

RCD4

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:41 PM

Hey guys, this will be my first construction thread on SSCoasters so i'd appreciate help, even for the stupidest questions :P. I wanted to make a hyper based on Millennium Force, but My room didn't have the correct space for the lift I made. I decided to do a looper and I think it's turning out good so far. If you want any different picture angles just ask. I still need a name for it, and i'll probably post a poll if I get suggestions.
Pics:
http://i1101.photobu...D4/CIMG0390.jpg
http://i1101.photobu.../CIMG0386-1.jpg
http://i1101.photobu...D4/CIMG0389.jpg
http://i1101.photobu.../CIMG0388-1.jpg
http://i1101.photobu...D4/CIMG0387.jpg
http://i1101.photobu...pg?t=1322530643
http://i1101.photobu...D4/CIMG0385.jpg

Also, if anyone could tell me how to get it to show pics, not links that would be nice :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

There you go! You just need to replace the tags with . Everything looks very good so far for your first coaster on here, there are just a few minor things. One would be the top of the immelmann, the top right corner should be pushed up a bit (you can see where in the 4th picture.) The other thing I see is in the bottom center of the last picture, the pullout of the immelmann is a bit sharp. Just make the whole pullout have a relatively consistant radius (but keep the banking) and you'll be good. Good luck!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#3 RCD4

RCD4

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

There you go! You just need to replace the tags with . Everything looks very good so far for your first coaster on here, there are just a few minor things. One would be the top of the immelmann, the top right corner should be pushed up a bit (you can see where in the 4th picture.) The other thing I see is in the bottom center of the last picture, the pullout of the immelmann is a bit sharp. Just make the whole pullout have a relatively consistant radius (but keep the banking) and you'll be good. Good luck!

Thanks! I knew I still had to tweak the curve into the loop, but thanks for immelmann thing, i'll make sure I fix it, I'm planning on either a cobra roll next or a zero-G-roll with an exit like yours from Vapor.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

The loop has some weird shape to it. It starts like a normal loop, but then at mid-point, the rest is steeper. Also, the crest has a major bump in it and the immelmann's exit is too straight.

Formally RK500

#5 Devious

Devious

SPACE MOUNTAIN

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:53 PM

I think it looks great!!!! Got to show a video when its finished...

#6 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

In the seventh, pic the loop looks a little lopsided.

#7 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:38 PM

For the loop just keep looking at it. Compare it to pictures of real rollercoaster loops. Just keep shaping and supporting. Thats really the only advice I can give.

#8 RCD4

RCD4

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

In the seventh, pic the loop looks a little lopsided.

For the loop just keep looking at it. Compare it to pictures of real rollercoaster loops. Just keep shaping and supporting. Thats really the only advice I can give.

Yea, I noticed it when I was taking pics and fixed it immediately, I think it's good now, I attempted a cobra roll after the loop but it was too big, so i'm either going to make it smaller, or have a zero-g with a curved pullout, so that it almost comes back 180 degrees.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#9 RCD4

RCD4

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:04 PM

Hey guys, another update, but no pics yet, my camera ran out of battery, should be up tonight tho :) I tried a few things after the loop and it came out to be a turn, a bit like a widened hammerhead. After that are the interlocking corkscrews which I think came out very well, the turnaround in between them still needs work tho. I have to lubricate the train again because it currently doesn't make the second cork. After that it will probably just be a turn into the station, maybe a helix depending on what re lubricating it does. I may have to keep it short at the end because i'm running out of long tubing. I still need to think of a name for it, any suggestions?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10 RCD4

RCD4

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

Pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Video:
Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#11 RCD4

RCD4

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:57 PM

Update:
Srry, no pics right now, they wouldn't do much anyway. I lubed the car and even weighted the front of the train and when I did that, it just barely made it through the second corkscrew, not enough to get up the hill to station height. I really like the Idea of interlocking corks but I think I may have to get rid of the second one and just have that go straight to the station, which would be in between the sides of the overbank turn. I think then I'd be able to get it to finish. I'll try to have pics of this + pics of the changes within the next two days.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:30 PM

This looks very good! Could you possibly shorten the second corkscrew in height, and then have a small chain lift up to the station? I like the interlocking corks, and I think you should keep them if you can. If not though, it's still a great coaster.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#13 RCD4

RCD4

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:45 PM

This looks very good! Could you possibly shorten the second corkscrew in height, and then have a small chain lift up to the station? I like the interlocking corks, and I think you should keep them if you can. If not though, it's still a great coaster.

I really like the same height corks, but If I half to I guess I could try a smaller one. I'm definitely going to redo the turnaround tho, I was looking on some other peoples' interlocking corks and mine looks terrible compared to them, hopefully that will help.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

This Coaster turned out Awesome! Great job on this!

Posted Image

#15 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:35 AM

Construction went quite fast, and i must say that the coaster is looking very good! Hopefully you can get the interlocking corks to work, and don't say that your corks look terrible because they don't. Please move on!

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#16 sathothy

sathothy

Architect

• 823 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:50 AM

I really like this coaster. It's really good shaped.
And maybe for the layout you can leave the interlocking corks the way they are and make after the last cork a brake run(whit moving chain) then a turn into a raised station and then a turn in to th lift.
But please do not remove the interlocking corks

#17 RCD4

RCD4

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:43 AM

This Coaster turned out Awesome! Great job on this!

Thanks! :)

Construction went quite fast, and i must say that the coaster is looking very good! Hopefully you can get the interlocking corks to work, and don't say that your corks look terrible because they don't. Please move on!

-=Tk=-

Yea, I really like the look of interlocking corks, I'll try to keep them.

I really like this coaster. It's really good shaped.
And maybe for the layout you can leave the interlocking corks the way they are and make after the last cork a brake run(whit moving chain) then a turn into a raised station and then a turn in to th lift.
But please do not remove the interlocking corks

Thanks, I'll tweak it a bit to see what I can do.

Right now I don't have much room after the corkscrews for much, I added the rest of the lift and station for just barely fitting a 6 car train and it's pretty long, I have an Idea, and I think it might work, but only if the train can make the second corkscrew.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#18 RCD4

RCD4

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:02 AM

No pics, srry, but after 3 days the silicone spray is working better. It made the second corkscrew, but not the pull-up into the station. I still have to do any of the previously suggested track-work so this is looking better.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#19 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:55 AM

Just a piece of advice for future reference. Many here find it quite helpful for the shaping of elements if they build the track section first and then build the supports up to it, not making the track conform to the supports. Do you know what I'm saying?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image
currently featuring ... Pine Mine: A Real Terrain Coaster

#20 RCD4

RCD4

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:34 AM

Just a piece of advice for future reference. Many here find it quite helpful for the shaping of elements if they build the track section first and then build the supports up to it, not making the track conform to the supports. Do you know what I'm saying?

Yea, I understand what you mean, I'm going to try that for the improved turnaround and see how it turns out. I may also change the pullout of the second cork using that method.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: looper, rcd4