The Swarm: thorpe park 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:08 AM

Hello everybody! i know i don't live in the UK but i'm still pretty excited about having another wingrider in europe :D This coaster will be opened in 2012 and will have 4 or 5 inversions. It will have a flying snake dive, a zero-g roll, an inclined loop, a corkscrew and a heartline roll.

time for the pictures!

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.rcdb.com/9820.htm?p=36477

Posted Image

as you can see they are going for an acopalypse-like theming :P

wardcc-2.png

#2 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:30 AM

^Maybe you can post that in the Coaster Longest Thread next time, since it is still a coaster being in construction ;) I don't want to say that this thread is placed wrong, but i think that it would be better if you posted this in the Coaster Longest Thread ;)

I must say, that this is a nice update mate!

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#3 reaperdoctor

reaperdoctor

SQUISH IT!!!!

• 716 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:57 AM

Saw this on RCTLounge too. The plane is very realistic considering that it is fake. That fuselage section has all the details a plane should have, except for the seats. Apparently, the tail of the plane that they will probably put in later on, is the only part of the plane that is actually from a real plane. They're doing a great job!

One of the things that I love about this ride is that it is large enough to be dominating and to loom over other rides, but it doesn't invade their personal area. The Swarm has its own island, meaning it won't take the atmosphere away from its adjacent rides like Stealth.
That's a trait of Thorpe Park that very few can replicate. They use their confined space to the utmost of care and artistry. Gawd I love this park... :)

John 3:16

'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:51 AM

This should go in the coaster longest thread, these updates have been there for a long time already, no reason to open a new thread for each coaster being build.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image