ss coster and a 4 year old

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rotccapt

rotccapt

• 108 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

hi all i am 25 and loved my knex when i was growing up, and would love to get myself one of the ss coaster sets. only thing is i have a 4 year old and i would like to know if this series of coasters uses the real small green rods that could be easily swallowed by my son. from what i can tell they are not realy used but wanted to get it strait from you guys. for right now i just want to get a basic coaster and as time goes make it bigger. thanks for any help

#2 Micronex

Micronex

Another piece for my collection

• 1270 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

The Screamin' Serpent contains a black variety of this rod, there is 47 in the Screamin' Serpent and 26 in the Rippin' Rocket. I still think it's a good set!

Welcome to the site, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask! =)

#3 rotccapt

rotccapt

• 108 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

is it possible to build the set without them?

#4 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

Although it may be a little irritating at times, I am sure you could manage without them. No piece is absolutely necessary especially if you have some extra pieces laying around. However, the set does contain small black clips that are used very often. They could just as easily be swallowed by your son/daughter. Now it is still certainly possible to build a set without them if you have some extra pieces laying around, but it may be a little more difficult. If you plan on following the instructions almost all of the track to support connections are made by these clips or small rods.

I still recommend buying the set! They are K'nex! As long as you have an imagination you will be fine.

Posted Image

#5 william0510

william0510

Construction Worker

• 295 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

Well,it may be possible, but I'm not so sure. if you can't, I would suggest just building the parts with the small pieces very quickly so nothing will happen to your son/daughter. Good luck!

#6 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

I would say classic Knex is much safer in general than the new micro pieces. Definitely a lot more parts are a choking hazard now.

#7 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

It would certainly be possible, just not exactly by the instructions. You'd just need to be creative and make some changes. :)

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#8 rotccapt

rotccapt

• 108 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

well i got the go from the wife to start looking for a kit. so for now im looking on ebay so we will see what happens