What would be your dream roller-coaster?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

So many awesome lay-outs have been created on this site during the past 10 years, but what is your dream lay-out? What would you design if you had the opportunity to design a coaster for a themepark?

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

I would probably make a 500 foot tall launched inverted wooden roller coaster, with 5 loops and a total of 13 inversions, and have the wooden coaster supports. Not really...

As far as a layout, I am stumped on what I would even start. (lift, launch, tilt track, ect...)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#3 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

Mine would be very similar to Blue Fire, my fave coaster. Maybe a little longer on larger. The trains are very nice :)

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

I would want to design a terrain woodie like Voyage and Bolderdash. Best wooden coasters in the world.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#5 Snake

Snake

Construction Worker

• 444 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

I would build a woodie made out of knex that I could ride. Then I would give everyone on ssc a free airplane ticket ticket to come to my house to ride it. ;)

#6 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

I would build a woodie made out of knex that I could ride. Then I would give everyone on ssc a free airplane ticket ticket to come to my house to ride it. ;)

Awesome!!! That would be AWESOME!!! :)

#7 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

Lift hill, flying nake dive thingy, loop, cobra roll, zero-g, high speed turn, corkscrew, Launch, double zero-g roll, interlocking corkscrews, heartline roll, break run, turn, station..... oh yes, 11 inversions...... fun. This or a super mega ultra hyper coaster with so much airtime my feet become numb and my arms are fatty peices of bacon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#8 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

I would include a launch for sure, after the launch I would put a lot of twistyness in there. I think racing through an environment with a lot of headchoppers will definitely add something to the ride too :).

Posted Image

#9 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

a 300 foot high launched b&m megalooper with 15+ inversions including 5 zero g rolls

wardcc-2.png

#10 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

A 500 ft tall intamin coaster with a mixed layout of I305 and Millenium Force.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#11 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

A GCI woodie with awesome terrain. CRAZY TERRAIN! Something in a forest, a snowy mountain, or a waterfall.

#12 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

For me, I would go with an arrow looping coaster, but the train car would have have a half way decent shoulder restraint, and enough leg room.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#13 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

A GCI woodie with awesome terrain. CRAZY TERRAIN! Something in a forest, a snowy mountain, or a waterfall.

What did you say?

#14 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

I would love a terrain wooden coaster, flying through trees and having many crossovers, filled with small airtime hops. Rough, but not too rough.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#15 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

I would love it if S&S brought back the suspended coaster and made a layout with many high speed transitions and twisty airtime.

#16 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

^On for sure Stig, that would be sick. I always had the idea of a flying coaster that started out in a lying down launch, shooting out into a large top hat with a spiral on the return down, but instead of going back to the lying position you switched to fly. After that it would do a flying layout equivalent to Xcelerator, except with inversions included in there.

Posted Image

#17 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:43 AM

I have always had a great idea to have a coaster with a large floater hill. But for the track where your floating, it's made of plexy glass, so you can barely see it. Have Plexy Glass supports, then have metal supports that connect to the glass ones further down. but have theming make the metal supports seem like they have been torn out of the way. So you'd be floating over the hill, it would look like there is no track below you, sick:)

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#18 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

A B&M floorless Drachen Fire.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#19 BubbleMan 32714

BubbleMan 32714

V Cube Solver

• 717 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:45 AM

I would love to have an inverted coaster with the Mantis layout. An inverted incline loop would be sweet!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#20 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:16 AM

My favorite layout is a layout with inversions, airtime, surprise elements and at least one new element!