Walibi Holland 4-5-2012!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:13 AM

Yesterday i went to Walibi Holland with a friend of me, and i had a very good day! I took some pictures during the day and i thought: Why not write a TR about my day??

So, first of, the weather wasn't that good at the day that we went, but that was a positive thing since we didn't have longer lines than 15 minutes, which is great! We only had a little bit of rain, and the rest of the day was dry and clouded, not the most beautiful weather, but it was a good thing for the lines ;)

Alright, let's start.

First we went with the train from my homeplace to Harderwijk, and from there we could step into a bus that would bring us to Walibi Holland. Inside the bus we bought a combi ticket, that means: Bus & Walibi for only 31E, so that's about 40$
Posted Image
We had to wait 15 minutes in front of this glass door for the park to open:
Posted Image
After these 15 minutes it was time to go into the park and head straight to Goliath, we got the first ride of the day with just 2 other guys in the front seat, which was awesome!
We could do another 2 rides before the real crowd arrived at the coaster :)
Posted Image
After Goliath we went to Space Shot for a nice ride, with a bit of good airtime, it ran very well yesterday!
Posted Image
Then it was time for Robin Hood:
Posted Image
The ride was a bit rough, but that's a thing that i like about wooden coasters. Today the ride had some airtime, too!
Posted Image
After Robin Hood it was time to do a ride on El Condor, since we knew that it would have quite a long row in the middle of the day. We only had to wait 10 minutes, surprisingly short!
Posted Image
The ride wasn't as bad as i remembered it to be. Sometimes the train shook a bit, but it wasn't that bad. I actually had a pretty nice ride :)
Posted Image
Then it was time to check out the refurbished La via volta, Speed of Sound:
Posted Image
The row was 30 minutes, not that long for this coaster. The new trains were really nice IMO, they gave the coaster a smooth experience. The sound in the trains was very nice, with some good bass :) I like the amount of effort that the park put in this coaster, it really added lots to the ride experience.

After the ride on Speed of Sound we just went to the Ferriswheel to eat some bread, and to take more pictures of the park. However, the bad thing was, that it started to rain (The only rain of the day btw) right when we were in the Ferriswheel, it was pretty bad and cold. Luckily it was the only rain of the day ;)
What i noticed was this:
Posted Image
To measure the height from people they use a metal stick, and on this one from the ferriswheel stood: FDGM. That means that they were using the measure stick from the now gone Flying Dutchman Goldmine! I was surprised :P
After the ferriswheel we did a ride on Xpress, it was colored pretty nice IMO, and i liked the colors of the trains. The light effects in the tunnel were great too!
Posted Image

The rest of the day we just walked around a bit, did some more attractions, here are some pictures:

The backside of the mainstreet seen from the ferriswheel:
Posted Image
Sherwood forest seen from the ferriswheel:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Goliath and El Condor from the ferriswheel:
Posted Image
Xpress seen from the ferriswheel:
Posted Image
More mainstreet:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The pretty new and finished music area:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Robin Hood, El condor,Goliath & Random:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Pictures from outside the park:
Posted Image
Posted Image

After all it was time for us to go home:
Posted Image
For the ones who want to know, Tot ziens means Good bye ;)

We both had a great day with lots of rides, and i hope to have such a good day again in a few months, if i go to another park ;)

Ride count:
El Condor, Spinning vibe, la grande roue, Tomahawk, Space Shot & Enterprise: 1x
Speed of Sound: 2x
Xpress: 3x
Robin Hood: 4x
And yeah, Goliath: 10x

I hope all of you enjoyed this TR, please leave your feelings about the TR, park etc. below :)

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#2 Hebbon

Hebbon

Coaster G33k

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:35 AM

Yup, that was an awesome day :D

#3 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:47 AM

Wow looks like you had a fun time there. That's looks like a awesome place to go to someday, there's tons of roller coasters! El Condor looks like it could use a re-paint.

#4 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

Now that's a park that knows how to refurbish rides! Also, looks like you had an awesome day! Goliath and Xpress looks like a lot of fun! :)

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#5 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

wanna go to a park... only on july :)

awesome day you guys had xD

#6 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

Great TR! I'm always jealous when I see a well-known coaster like goliath in a different country. The weather must have been perfect in keeping people out, it's always like that when its overcast at valley fair.

One last thing, in german if you say töt it means dead, and ziens is close to sein. So it's say "dead you" in german..? I don't know I'm going on a limb here with assumptions.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#7 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

One last thing, in german if you say töt it means dead, and ziens is close to sein. So it's say "dead you" in german..? I don't know I'm going on a limb here with assumptions.

No, that is 'tot' in German: 'dead'. But the pronunciation is different from the Dutch 'tot'. 'Ziens' is an altered form of 'zien', which means 'to see'. So 'tot ziens' means 'until we meet (again)'. ;)

Thanks for the update on Walibi Holland. Now I can stay away from the park for at least another year. :)

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#8 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

German and Dutch are very much a like, but if you start mixing up the words the conversation will go nowhere.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image