Going to parks alone

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 imakecoasters

imakecoasters

2X "Most Entertaining"

• 3797 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

Has anyone here gone to an amusement park alone? If so was it enjoyable or not? Next week I'm going to Florida (1000 miles away) and visiting Islands of Adventure by myself. Yeah, sounds pathetic, ^_^ I would think that having friends/a group adds half the fun, but they can also get in the way of doing what you want.

P.S.- If I get footage/pictures I'll make a trip report about it. In case someone familiar with the park has some suggestions for good places to visit.

-IMC-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:06 PM

I go to Valleyfair quite a lot by my self. I find it very enjoyable. I don't have anyone to drag me to a certain ride. I was just at IOA a few weeks ago. Make sure to do the Forbidden Journey, if the line is too long, use the single rider line, it's right at the start of the que line on the left. When it was a hour wait, I got on in 3 minutes with the single rider line. But if it's empty, go through the normal que, the theming is unreal. Hulk also has a single rider line. I had lots of fun browsing shops in HP world at IOA. And just walking around the park multiple times. The lockers are free at most rides for 30 mins, and they use fingerprints as keys. But for the water rides, the lockers cost money. We ended up paying $4 for a locker, and just riding all the water rides.

I really hope you enjoy IOA!

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#3 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

It depends on if you care about your coaster count or not... Hahah. I am a credit whore, so I will go to any park I possibly can. If it's with a friend (which it usually is) great, but if not... I go anyways. I have been to all the west coast parks by myself and after the first ride or two you realize that no one cares. Even if they are judging, it's not like they are going to yell at you calling you a loser. And if they do, beat the shit out of them or say that you have a higher coaster count (that'll show them).

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#4 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:39 PM

I went to my home park alone a couple of time. It's only boring and long in the queue line because you can't talk to anybody. It's quite funny that everybody's looking at you because you're alone but seriously I don't really care. I usally make friends when I'm on the ride, starting a conversation with the person next to me. It's quite fun to enjoy the ride with people you don't know.

Posted Image

#5 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:33 AM

If you feel like going alone, why not? I mean, why would you care about the fact that people may look a little strange to you because you do everything your own? You don't know anyone in that park, so i would just go if i wanted to ;)

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#6 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:11 AM

A couple of years ago I was in Italy with a couple of friends. Fiabilandia was on walking distance and Mirabilandia was easily accessed by buying a bus+park ticket at a local agency. I went to both parks on my own.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#7 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:19 AM

I've been to parks on my own, still a fun day..

#8 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

I havent but ive rode coasters alone like the one time i rode mill force first car front row and there was a chick behind me in the line and see peed her pants because she got scared bt the train running past us XD

Steam: rodimus113
MC and XBL: rodimuz
PC:
amd a4-3420, r5 230, 8gb ddr3 1333

#9 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

I went to de Efteling alone a couple of times, when I had a season pass. Though it's more enjoyable going with a friend or multiple friends.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

I usually go to CW a lot on my own. Very rare I'll go along with a friend since none of them have time. Luckily, theres a school trip to CW this month, so I'll be going with a lot of my pals! :)

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#11 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

I went to WoF alone. Well, I was actually in a large group, but I didn't know anybody. Still had fun, though.

When I had a SF season pass, there was a couple times that I went to SFNO alone. It's cool because I can ride what I want when I want. But, like you said, it makes queueing extremely boring. Was that really seven years ago?

#12 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

I've been to a few parks by myself. I brought along my iPod and it wasn't too bad. I don't know if I care enough to go to another amusement park by myself again, as I've gone to Cedar Point quite a lot with friends of mine and it's been much more enjoyable every time.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#13 BubbleMan 32714

BubbleMan 32714

V Cube Solver

• 717 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

I've been to Six Flags St.Louis by myself a while back I found it enjoyable. I can ride whatever rides I wanted and as many times as I wanted. I'm going to Silver Dollar City at the end of this month and hopefullly it will turn out the same.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 imakecoasters

imakecoasters

2X "Most Entertaining"

• 3797 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

Wow, wasn't expecting so much input. Thanks. Well that's good to know a lot of you have done it and enjoyed it. Now I won't feel so awkward.

I go to Valleyfair quite a lot by my self. I find it very enjoyable. I don't have anyone to drag me to a certain ride.

Awesome. I just live an hour south of VF, but never have gone alone. Yeah, every time the group spends most of the day in the bathroom, the IMAX or going from the back of the park to the front every ride.

It's only boring and long in the queue line because you can't talk to anybody. It's quite funny that everybody's looking at you because you're alone but seriously I don't really care.

Yeah. With IOA having so many single rider lines that problem won't be as bad. But yeah, people watching can be more fun than talking to a friend all day.

-IMC-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]