Cobra (and pier) finally finished! (9/29/12)

game unreasonable

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

Hey guys. Though I was planning to put flat rides on the left over part of my pier, I found out there wasn't enough room for them, which left me with one more option: another coaster. So, I decided to build a Vekoma Looper with one, backwards train made of paper (got the template from it off a website). I started on the lift of it, but I gotta work fast on this one since I have a little more than a week to complete this coaster before I go to summer camp. So I hope I can get this finished soon. The pictures:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Comments? :)

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#2 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

Nice lift! And I think I may have already asked this but how many sets do you have?

#3 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:56 PM

Looks good so far! I wouldn't try to rush it, you have plenty of time to build it. But if you want to finish it before you leave for summer camp, it's fine with me!

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#4 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

Nice start! I your pier looks awesome! And a vekoma.
Great addition.

#5 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:07 AM

I wish I had that many pieces... I realy like this pier so far, can't wait for the next update!

#6 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:46 AM

That looks impressive. Isn't it hard to build for you with a such a big base?

Posted Image

#7 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:47 AM

Sorry for my double post, but I have some problems with SSC.

Posted Image

#8 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

So you bought 1/8 of Gump's K'nex and turned that into micro K'nex. Great. :)

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#9 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

Please tell me you're gonna put a cover on the base. IT's REALLY hard to see the actual coasters. :P

From what I can see it's great but for the final product I highly suggest covering the base with a sheet or something.

#10 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:22 PM

Nice lift! And I think I may have already asked this but how many sets do you have?

Thanks! I forget how many sets I have, but I have a lot. :P

Looks good so far! I wouldn't try to rush it, you have plenty of time to build it. But if you want to finish it before you leave for summer camp, it's fine with me!

Thanks! I want to get this done before camp because my carpet's getting cleaned while I'm there, and I want it done before that.

Nice start! I your pier looks awesome! And a vekoma.
Great addition.

Thanks! :)

I wish I had that many pieces... I realy like this pier so far, can't wait for the next update!

Thanks! :)

That looks impressive. Isn't it hard to build for you with a such a big base?

Thanks! It is pretty difficult for me when I'm building something in the middle of the pier. :P

So you bought 1/8 of Gump's K'nex and turned that into micro K'nex. Great. :)

Dude, 1/8 of Gump's k'nex wouldn't be enough pieces for a pier.... it would be enough for an Eftling recreation! :D

Please tell me you're gonna put a cover on the base. IT's REALLY hard to see the actual coasters. :P

From what I can see it's great but for the final product I highly suggest covering the base with a sheet or something.

Thanks! Well, I'm sorry if you can't see the coasters, but I'm gonna have to leave it that way sadly. This coaster has been eating up a lot of my pieces so far and I don't think covering it up with that or a sheet will be too easy for me to do with a pier this big.

So like I said before, I was gonna make the train out of paper. And I made it with ease! :)
But please don't give me any credit for the train. I made the train from a cut-out I got off this website.

Anyways, not a huge update today, but I got the train, lift and the turn to the drop done. Here they are!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comments? :)

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#11 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:07 PM

I'm really curious to see where you'll go from here, so I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Posted Image

#12 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:07 AM

1. That train looks great. Did you take apart the cars for that? How did you....? I mean, what's holding the chain-dog in?

2. You have a lot of pieces. I think maybe more than me :o <-- jelly

3. What's going to happen to this when you go to camp? I'd hate for you to have to take it all apart.

#13 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:22 AM

^ To answer all your questions:
1. Yes, I cut up those cars a few years ago when I wanted to build a dive machine. Eventually, I cancelled it. The chain dogs are held in by the cars themselves to prevent them from going out of their places.

2. Yes I do have a lot of pieces. I had to order twice because before that, I started to run out of a lot of them. The coaster is eating up a lot of pieces too, but I'll find a way to finish it without ordering. ;)

3. While I'm at camp, my carpet is getting cleaned, and my parents mentioned about moving the pier in the basement. That was a big no for me, and only the empty part of the carpet in my room will get cleaned, so the pier won't be taken apart for a long time. :D

#14 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:07 AM

Hard to see the actual coasters with your base, lol. Looking very Arrow/Vekoma-ish so far!

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:50 AM

Anymore comments?

#16 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

Today, I got the drop and loop finished. However, I am having problems with the loop. Every other time I've made Vekoma/Arrow loops, I've been using box supports. You'll see why.
Posted Image

The drop.
Posted Image

The overall work I've done.
Posted Image

If anyone's got any tips on how to fix the loop, that would be much appreciated.

#17 iCoaster44

iCoaster44

French K'nexpert

• 383 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

It's good but more flexis under the track for more smoothess. ;)

#18 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

The pullout side of the loop has the right shaping for a Vekoma ride with the true teardrop shape. The pull-in side on the other hand is very round and not what you want. If you create the supports from the pullout side and place them on the pull-in side, then shape the track onto them to form the pullout shape and then connect the two halves, it seems as though everything should work out fine.

Posted Image

#19 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

^ So you're saying that I should make the pull in side of the loop less round.

#20 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

Yes, yes I am.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game, unreasonable