Cobra (and pier) finally finished! (9/29/12)

game unreasonable

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

Can you at least get a lot of brown paper bags or a bed sheet and use that to cover the base? It's really hard to see the coasters. What I can see looks good so far though.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#22 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:49 PM

The drop looks great! I think the best thing for you to do on the loop is put red connectors onto the flexis and add more flexis. That'll keep the shaping a bit more "flowing". Also I think you could salvage a LOT of pieces from the lift. You could use a lot less pieces and it would still look great! Get rid of a few laterals! :)

#23 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:53 AM

Drop is awesome, but the loop is not perfect yet. At the spine switches, there are sharp spots, and the pull-in is too round. And I agree with everyone above about the changes.

Looks awesome so far, keep it up!

#24 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

Thanks for the tips guys! :)
I (hopefully) fixed all the sharp spots and removed all the flexis on the loop. I replaced them with micro pieces in my own way. ;)
Posted Image
Better? :)

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#25 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

I'd say that seems right now, anybody else say otherwise?
And props to you for the cool spine method on the loop, it looks pretty sick.

Posted Image

#26 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

Awesome upgrade on the Tornado spine! Just takes a LOT of pieces :o

The loop looks perfect now, surprise me with the next update! :)

#27 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

Better! Cool way with that spine!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#28 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

I'm not quite sure because I can't really see it but from what I can see it looks fine

#29 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

Thanks for the comments guys! :)
So whats been happening with the coaster for the past few days? Well, since I finally thought of a name which will told for the next update, I made the train from blue to green, with a few extra changes. I have also made a cutback for the coaster. Here it is!

Posted Image

The new train (not completely finished yet)
Posted Image

The overall layout
Posted Image

Comments? :)

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#30 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

I do enjoy the cutback element! Very Arrow-ish, and that is good since that is your style for this coaster.

Posted Image

#31 Haaron05

Haaron05

Thee tower master

• 599 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:59 AM

i like the flow of this coaster, the custom train looks awesome aswell!

Posted Image[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image

(cop)KNEX AUSTRALIA!(cop)

#32 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:16 AM

I really like this coaster so far, but make sure to leave room on the pier for paths :P

Oh, and is the train running backwards? Because it is in the pictures.

#33 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:57 AM

I do enjoy the cutback element! Very Arrow-ish, and that is good since that is your style for this coaster.

Thanks!

i like the flow of this coaster, the custom train looks awesome aswell!

Thanks!

I really like this coaster so far, but make sure to leave room on the pier for paths :P

Oh, and is the train running backwards? Because it is in the pictures.

I'll leave rooms for paths for sure! And yeah, the train is running backwards. :o

Verbal update.
I got some good news and some bad news.
The bad news is that I'm leaving for camp today for about a month, which means no building. Also, the train eventually stopped making the cutback, which lead to more problems with it.

The good news is that I'll find a way to fix the train, and it will not be cancelled! :D Oh, and I mentioned earlier that I'd tell you the name of my coaster in the last update. Well here it is! The coaster will be named....
Spoiler

Well, I'll be leaving for camp soon, so I hope everyone has a great summer! I'll see you in a month SSC! :)

#34 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

Wow, I haven't posted an update for a while now. Anyways, heres whats been going on so far.

When I got home from camp, I started working on the coaster immediately, only to see the train not making the cutback. I then made a new train to see if it could run through it properly, and it did! :D Oh yeah, theres a couple of things I added to the coaster:

#1. The loop supports made with standard tubes were kind of an eyesore and really shaky, so I replaced them with micro tubes and looks more realistic, and stronger.
Posted Image

#2. Right after the cutback, I added a corkscrew. It doesn't look that Vekoma-ish, only because I didn't have enough room to build it in.
Posted Image

#3. The station IMO, looks very unique! The train wouldn't have enough speed to make a horizontal station, and the station needed to be high enough to make the train go to the lift. So I made the station on a slanted angle, making it not only a station, but a brake run too since there wasn't enough room for a normal brake run. Right now, only the entry platform of it is finished. Also, if you're wondering why the station is made from standard pieces, its because I'm starting to run out of micro pieces agai
Posted Image

If you're wondering why the station is made from standard pieces, its because I'm starting to run out of micro pieces again, but I'll find a way how to fix that! ;)

Now, lets look at the entire coaster.
Posted Image

Now lets look at the entire pier! :D
Posted Image

Wait, I almost forgot.... test video!
Posted Image

I'm leaving for California tomorrow for two weeks, so I'll complete the station then.
Comments? :D :D :D

Edit: Please don't give me any credit for the paper train since I got the template for it off of KCForce's website.

#35 Treeko890coastr

Treeko890coastr

Dark Explorers!

• 879 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

Thats a nice little coaster you got there. i still think that the Station shouldnt be slanted but It's your coaster.
And on a completely different note: Is it cold in Canada for the Summer?

I am a stegosaurus!
Signature removed as it was larger than limit.
My coasters:
Jaws,Overheat,Mine Train

#36 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:37 AM

Any more comments?

#37 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

Thats a nice little coaster you got there. i still think that the Station shouldnt be slanted but It's your coaster.
And on a completely different note: Is it cold in Canada for the Summer?

Thanks! And no, Canada is pretty warm during the summer. :)
(Sorry for double posting.)

#38 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:04 PM

That's one the coolest looking loops ever.
And your train not only looks great, but it looks like it works just as good as a normal one.

#39 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

From what i see this is inserting but kinda of hard to see maybe put some cardboard on the base?

Steam: rodimus113
MC and XBL: rodimuz
PC:
amd a4-3420, r5 230, 8gb ddr3 1333

#40 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

Any more comments?

That will backfire on you.

Please Please PLEASE cover the base. Brown paper bags, cardboard, toilet paper? Please. The coaster will be so much better.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game, unreasonable