Canada's Wonderland 6/26/12

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

I just got back from my trip to Ontario. Thursday (June 26) was my favorite day. We went to Canada's Wonderland. Here is a ride count:

Leviathan x4
Silver streak x3
Ghoster coaster x3
Mighty Canadian minebuster x3
Vortex x2
Behemoth x2
Wild beast x1
Sky rider x1
Fly x1
Flight deck x1
Dragon fire x1
Bat x1
Black lot stunt coaster x1
Drop zone x1

The reason for some rides on kiddie coasters, and not more of other, bigger coasters, is that we went with another family, and they have an 8 year old boy. He wanted to go on a lot of the rides, but no one else would, so that leaves me. That did not leave much time to go ride Leviathan as much as I would have liked to.

Anyhow, so here is how our day went:
We arrived at the park about 20 minutes before opening. The line at front gate was not too bad, and we got in quickly. I got my fastlane bracelet and the little boy wanted to go straight to Ghoster Coaster. One we got there, it was a walk on, and he liked it so much that we rode it 2 more times in a row. After that, we went over to Silver Streak. Again, he liked that, so we rode it 2 more times.
After, we started to move towards the front of the park, because everyone wanted to see me go on Leviathan, and my brother and another kid wanted to go on a teacup ride. On our way, we passed by Vortex, so I took the opportunity to ride. It was a great ride.
Once we got to the Leviathan area, the 3 other kids wanted to ride the teacup ride, so I made my way over to Dragon Fire. After a ride on that, I came back, only to find them queuing for the teacup ride again. I walked over to Drop Zone and rode that once, and by that time they were waiting for me to go on Leviathan.

After 2 rides on Leviathan, the little kid wanted to ride the Fly. I took him on that after about a 20 minute wait. Before lunch, he wanted to ride Wild Beast, so I took him on that too, after about a 25 minute wait. Following Wild Beast, we headed to our car for lunch. We ate lunch, and the 3 other kids got changed for the water park. Once we got back in the park, I went to Flight Deck, while the others went to the water park. After 1 ride on Flight Deck, I went and rode Black Lot Stunt Coaster once.
Once I got off that, (around 1:30) it was extremely hot, and I think I was starting to suffer from the heat, so I went over to the water park until about 4:30. I spent most of my time in the water park at the wave pool, although, I did go on other water rides.
Upon exiting the water park, I rode Skyrider on my way to Behemoth. I rode Behemoth twice, and by that time it was 5:30, and both parents wanted to see one of the shows, so we went over, but the doors were closed. Since we were in the Leviathan area, I rode once more before going to the car to eat supper.
Upon returning to the park, the little boy wanted to ride Mighty Canadian Minebuster, so I took him to that. We rode it twice, and then the parents wanted to try again for the show at 7:30. After the show, the kid wanted to ride Minebuster again, so I took him there. After 1 ride, I went over to Vortex again. Our meeting point was the teacup ride near Leviathan, so I got a ride on Bat on my way back. From Bat, I could see that one of Leviathan’s trains was stuck on the lift. When I got to our meeting point, there was just enough time to ride Leviathan, as it had just been fixed.
Here is my ride ratings:

Leviathan: 10/10
A great ride with plenty of airtime and a amazing first drop. Be shure to ride in both the front and back.

Behemoth: 10/10
A good ride, every hill has airtime, and if you sit in the back, there is loads of ejector airtime.

Vortex: 9/10
Very forceful, fun ride, with great use of the terrain. Be shure to sit on the right side as it comes very close to the water.

Skyrider: 8/10
Sky rider is a fun ride. A new way to ride a coaster. Not painful at all, with the exception of a little bit of head banging on the restraints.

Dragon Fire: 9/10
Great coaster, very smooth. Dispatch time is a little slow.

Mighty Canadian Minebuster
: 8/10
Lots of airtime, great ride, except the end, in and after the tunnel is very rough.

Flight Deck: 5/10
It is an ok ride, it looks fun, but your head bangs so much against the restraints, it gave me a horrible headache. Do not ride unless you really want to.

I will not post a review for every ride that would take too long. If there is any ride someone wants to know about, feel free to ask.

Pictures will come once I get my computer to import them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#2 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

It sounds like you had a great time there. :D Your report is getting me psyched for my 3-day roller coaster weekend that starts upcoming Friday!

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#3 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

I do agree with you completely about Leviathan, Behemoth, Vortex, and Flight Deck but I honestly hated Skyrider.
It hurt me super bad, and the things that were supported to stabilize your support on the side dug into my legs, bruising them. I thought it was a painful ride, so I don't know where you got that 8/10 rating.

Posted Image

#4 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

^^ Good luck, and have fun!
^ Maybe it's the height difference or somthing. I'm really tall...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi