Launched Coaster Contest: Dragon Vs. Apal/Joshmonster

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 william0510

william0510

Construction Worker

• 295 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Ok so here is a new contest where you must build a launched coaster. I need 3 judges. The coaster must be finished by November 7th. Just ask to be a judge or to enter. By the way all judges must PM me by November 13th for their vote to count. Anyone may also PM me if you want any rules to be added. Good Luck!

Contestants:
Dragon: http://www.sscoaster...-2/ocelot-1188/
Alpal/Josh Monster: http://www.sscoaster...2/nitrous-1189/

Judges:
cg987
jespercoasters
KahluaCoasters

If you wouldn't build it with knex, don't build it at all

#2 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

Your going to want to have a much longer deadline if you want anyone to enter. Most active builders are currently building a coaster and are not going to cancel it and start a completely new one for an unofficial contest. In my opinion you should extend the contest deadline till the end of October if you want anyone to enter but even so, no one may enter.

-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#3 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

So many questions.
1. Can I be a judge
2. Why do the judges need to PM you?
Ok, not as many questions as I thought.
Also - The deadline has to be longer due to the fact that Summer Heat is going on, and to the fact that no body can build a proper coaster in less than 4 weeks.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#4 william0510

william0510

Construction Worker

• 295 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

Your going to want to have a much longer deadline if you want anyone to enter. Most active builders are currently building a coaster and are not going to cancel it and start a completely new one for an unofficial contest. In my opinion you should extend the contest deadline till the end of October if you want anyone to enter but even so, no one may enter.

-AsM

Better?

So many questions.
1. Can I be a judge
2. Why do the judges need to PM you?
Ok, not as many questions as I thought.
Also - The deadline has to be longer due to the fact that Summer Heat is going on, and to the fact that no body can build a proper coaster in less than 4 weeks.

I tottally forgot about summer heat, thanks for letting me know. The judges should PM me because other wise every one is going to know their vote! I think the winner should just be announced at the end of the competition. Oh and yes you may judge.

#5 Micronex

Micronex

Another piece for my collection

• 1270 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

and to the fact that no body can build a proper coaster in less than 4 weeks.

Challenge accepted.

I'll enter with Taipan when it's complete.

#6 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

i'll in

ill put ocelot when complete :D

#7 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

I tottally forgot about summer heat, thanks for letting me know. The judges should PM me because other wise every one is going to know their vote! I think the winner should just be announced at the end of the competition. Oh and yes you may judge.

Well then you could change the scores if we PM them to you and then you post them.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#8 william0510

william0510

Construction Worker

• 295 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

Well then you could change the scores if we PM them to you and then you post them.

But why would I ever do that? I mean I'm not voting for anyone. And after the contest, and I announce the winner the judges can post who they voted for. Sound fair? Well, I have to get going on my second flight back home!!!

#9 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

I'm not joining nor judging, but this contest really isn't set up at a very good time and with enough guidance. We're in the middle of Summer Heat, so people won't want to enter 2 contests back to back. Not to mention, there are no limits or restrictions, so it's really difficult when it comes to judging and it'll be not very fair to participants (I would know, with the NL contest). I would make sure you have the OK by staff or someone powerful on here that it's OK to have. Not trying to be pessimistic, merely truthful.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#10 KahluaCoasters

KahluaCoasters

Rut Row!

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

Can I judge? Please? Also how do I judge? Yeah after me asking that you all are problaby like "oh no". :D

#11 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:26 AM

I will judge I've never did this before :P.

Posted Image

#12 KahluaCoasters

KahluaCoasters

Rut Row!

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:55 AM

Me too! :D

#13 william0510

william0510

Construction Worker

• 295 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

Can I judge? Please? Also how do I judge? Yeah after me asking that you all are problaby like "oh no". :D

Yes you can judge. How you judge is when then deadline is over, you click on my name, and a few things will pop up. You click on send a private message, and in it tell me who's launched coaster you think is the best!

Ok, your a judge too.

All three judges have been picked now!

#14 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

Maybe I'll enter since I want my next coaster to be a launched, but not sure if I can finish Feniks and a new coaster before end October.

#15 william0510

william0510

Construction Worker

• 295 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

RNB I'll enter you for now, but if you decide to not do it, then I'll take you off the list

#16 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

Josh monster and I might want to enter a coaster from our amusement park. I will get back to you about it.

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#17 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

We will enter! :D That is if we finish in time, if not enough people are done by the time the deadline hits could you extend it? Is there any height restrictions or anything? This is going to be fun! hoping to win my first competition!

Posted Image

#18 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

Is anyone done or should we push it back a few days, I know alpal and i need a bit more time. maybe just a day or two.

Posted Image

#19 william0510

william0510

Construction Worker

• 295 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

/\ Ok, I will push it back a few days. Now everyone has until november 7th to finish their coaster!
EDIT: No, there are no height restrictions.

#20 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

Sweet. Thank you!

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.