SCM's RCT2 Projects - New park, new start

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

So, thanks to FrIeDeGgS, I have found my RCT2 screenshots. I will be putting all of my RCT2 projects in this thread. I will be working on more than one project at once. I will be specifying what project it is. One thing I should say right here: The rides I make are more for looks and excitement, not realism.

WONDERLAND ALLEY
This park has several themed sections. Right here is a 4-way flying coaster. Scenery is not finished for either side of the actual trackwork.
Station area
Posted Image
Posted Image
Some of the yellow and gold layouts
Posted Image
I'll get pictures of the light red and dark red side when I get more things done.
Off to the side, there is also a spiral coaster by the name of Ryujin. I got a little carried away here, even though I don't really care for spiral coasters.
Posted Image
Now let's move onto the wavelength-themed section of the park. Here, we have x-ray (floorless) and Ultraviolet (giga).
Posted Image
I'm not really liking Frequency that much, so I may re-do the entire thing if I can think of a better design.
Posted Image
At another section, a land-hugging mars-themed mine train.
Posted Image
Posted Image
This is probably going to be my favorite section: A factory and nature-themed section. This is part of themeing for Nosedive Canyon:
Posted Image
And a small section off to the side with a woodie.
Posted Image
This section of the park I'll probably have to ditch (sadly). It was going to be an arctic-themed section, with two huge dueling hypertwisters. It's glitchy over there, though. Still, here is the hypertwisters' main feature: giant interlocking non-invert c-rolls (and yes they will be timed if I move the coasters somewhere else)
Posted Image
Here's what I just recently started working on. A terrain invert. This will be mostly 0-g rolls.
Posted Image
I'll get more pictures of Wonderland Alley when there's more progress.

SONIC AND MLP PARK
I'll start off with the Sonic-themed side. I've made a 3-way dueling LIM launched coaster, which I honestly rarely see dueling for this type of ride. This is actually looking pretty cool so far. I will be themeing it like in some of the levels in Sonic 06.
Blaze, Silver, and Mephiles:
Posted Image
And here is the MLP part of this. This ride right here is going to be Princess Luna. What you're looking at is the scenery floor plans. I'm going to try and do something very advanced and difficult, probably the most complex thing ever done with scenery: have it so that it not only fits with a coaster in a way that it look good, but also make it so that it looks like an image from a distance. Obviously, the coaster will have to be re-designed to fit the scenery more.
Posted Image

Well that's all I have for now! I'll be updating soon, I hope!

Edited by SCM, 19 July 2013 - 01:33 PM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#2 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

So, thanks to FrIeDeGgS, I have found my RCT2 screenshots. I will be putting all of my RCT2 projects in this thread. I will be working on more than one project at once. I will be specifying what project it is. One thing I should say right here: The rides I make are more for looks and excitement, not realism.

WONDERLAND ALLEY
This park has several themed sections. Right here is a 4-way flying coaster. Scenery is not finished for either side of the actual trackwork.
Station area
Posted Image
Posted Image
Some of the yellow and gold layouts
Posted Image
I'll get pictures of the light red and dark red side when I get more things done.
Off to the side, there is also a spiral coaster by the name of Ryujin. I got a little carried away here, even though I don't really care for spiral coasters.
Posted Image
Now let's move onto the wavelength-themed section of the park. Here, we have x-ray (floorless) and Ultraviolet (giga).
Posted Image
I'm not really liking Frequency that much, so I may re-do the entire thing if I can think of a better design.
Posted Image
At another section, a land-hugging mars-themed mine train.
Posted Image
Posted Image
This is probably going to be my favorite section: A factory and nature-themed section. This is part of themeing for Nosedive Canyon:
Posted Image
And a small section off to the side with a woodie.
Posted Image
This section of the park I'll probably have to ditch (sadly). It was going to be an arctic-themed section, with two huge dueling hypertwisters. It's glitchy over there, though. Still, here is the hypertwisters' main feature: giant interlocking non-invert c-rolls (and yes they will be timed if I move the coasters somewhere else)
Posted Image
Here's what I just recently started working on. A terrain invert. This will be mostly 0-g rolls.
Posted Image
I'll get more pictures of Wonderland Alley when there's more progress.

SONIC AND MLP PARK
I'll start off with the Sonic-themed side. I've made a 3-way dueling LIM launched coaster, which I honestly rarely see dueling for this type of ride. This is actually looking pretty cool so far. I will be themeing it like in some of the levels in Sonic 06.
Blaze, Silver, and Mephiles:
Posted Image
And here is the MLP part of this. This ride right here is going to be Princess Luna. What you're looking at is the scenery floor plans. I'm going to try and do something very advanced and difficult, probably the most complex thing ever done with scenery: have it so that it not only fits with a coaster in a way that it look good, but also make it so that it looks like an image from a distance. Obviously, the coaster will have to be re-designed to fit the scenery more.
Posted Image

Well that's all I have for now! I'll be updating soon, I hope!

Edited by SCM, 19 July 2013 - 01:33 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#3 Zem

Zem

Zemmiphobiac

• 483 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

First of all it looks like you took a picture of your computer monitor. Look up for your operating system if it has a screen capture feature and if not you can download an application to do that. It will be much better to look at if we can see a clearer picture.

#4 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

RCT2 comes with a built in screenshot taker...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#5 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

First of all it looks like you took a picture of your computer monitor. Look up for your operating system if it has a screen capture feature and if not you can download an application to do that. It will be much better to look at if we can see a clearer picture.

I tried the screen capture feature, but it doesn't show up. I'll try again, though. I do wish I could provide a better quality picture, but that won't likely be until I buy something that screenshots it or I get a new computer,which will be too expensive, but that will be for another park.

RCT2 comes with a built in screenshot taker...

I know it does. The screenshots I take aren't anywhere to be found. I have Windows Vista.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#6 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

C:\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 They should be in something along those lines.

#7 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

I think a saw a 15,000 foot coaster! My dream. The airtime was only 17 sec though, Holiday World's "The Voyage" has 24.1 sec of airtime, and the track length is only 6,200 feet long, from what i see it looks cool! I used to have this game, until my disk cracked in half.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#8 Zem

Zem

Zemmiphobiac

• 483 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

I think a saw a 15,000 foot coaster! My dream. The airtime was only 17 sec though, Holiday World's "The Voyage" has 24.1 sec of airtime, and the track length is only 6,200 feet long, from what i see it looks cool! I used to have this game, until my disk cracked in half.

Oh my gosh that same thing happened to my disk although I got another one. I still have the orignal RCT3 as well.

#9 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

C:\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 They should be in something along those lines.

Nope. Not there. Why did they have to make it confusing when they made the game, I mean, if they are going to make a screenshot feature then they should give instructions in the manual, like really, makes no sense why they should make such a big mystery and it would clear up a lot of confusion.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#10 Zem

Zem

Zemmiphobiac

• 483 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

Nope. Not there. Why did they have to make it confusing when they made the game, I mean, if they are going to make a screenshot feature then they should give instructions in the manual, like really, makes no sense why they should make such a big mystery and it would clear up a lot of confusion.

Does this help?

Where are RCT2 screenshots saved? - Atari Forums

#11 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

Your screenshots are located in a hidden folder. Go into your settings and set it so you can view your hidden folders. Then they'll be under C\Users\VirtualStore\InfogramsInteractive\...

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#12 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

Your screenshots are located in a hidden folder. Go into your settings and set it so you can view your hidden folders. Then they'll be under C\Users\VirtualStore\InfogramsInteractive\...

Sorry if I sound annoying, but where can I change the settings?

Does this help?

I've seen that many times, no it doesn't help.

I got an idea... could someone tell me specific instructions of how to find the screenshots? Better yet, could any of you show pictures so there is a step by step tutorial? It will be EXTREMELY appreciated. I'll make an entire section of the park of your choice, and have a coaster or two in your honor.
Dragon is everyone's master.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#13 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Change your settings in Control Panel, Folder Options

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#14 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

Computer -> search.
That's what I always do because they end up in some random folder I never feel like finding.

#15 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

Does this help?

Actually, in a way, yes.
For some reason, the 'Compatibility Files' Tab in the Computer thing wasn't there. There was 'Organize', 'Views' and 'Burn to disc' but not the tab I need. Anyone know how to make that tab visible?

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#16 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

Send the files to the recycle bin and then restore them. That should bring up the compatibility tab.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#17 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

Well I guess I better make a new post on this. Uhm... I'd feel bad if I just left a post with no pictures in it, so uh, enjoy some screenshots from Disaster Zone, a finished park. (actual post is all the way at the top of the page)
Spoiler

Oh yeah and also, Witting made an RCT2 thread too.

Edited by SCM, 19 July 2013 - 01:49 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#18 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

DP but I have an update for Wonderland Alley. I finished that terrain invert and named it as Ropen. Ropen is pretty much a glowing pterodactyl. I wanted to use a cryptid that would fit the themeing. (Themeing has not started yet of course) I must say I'm almost never impressed by my own work, but I look at this and give myself a thumbs up. Anyway, so about this coaster: I wanted something that wouldn't go very fast (top speed is like 45mph/72.42kmh) but have a decent amount of inversions that would be near land. This is my new favorite ride in the park.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The next update should be when I get some scenery done on this thing.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#19 KBP2000

KBP2000

I love music

• 266 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

Awesome! Unrealistic, but very cool! :D :D :D

Posted Image
KBP2000

#20 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

If that mountain is entirely hand-built than It was an awful large job you did pretty good!

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting