coaster knex launched

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:07 AM

Hey guys, finally im making something that I love to do (a small coaster). This Mini Mouse will be extremely detailed and will be specialy for kids. I dont have a name for it right now so if you have any idears please tell them. Please comment and be harsh.
Lift hill
Posted Image
Another view of the lift hill
Posted Image
Engine house
Posted Image
Engine house open
Posted Image
Stairs to an inspection deck.
Posted Image
A woman with a beard checking everything
Posted Image
A little house on the top of the lift hill.
Posted Image
Another view ot the lift
Posted Image
Overview
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Joost12

Joost12

Knex Freak

• 274 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:13 AM

That looks cool so far!

#3 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:33 AM

I especially like the lift's exit, I think that looks awesome. The "engine house" doesn't have an engine, from what I can see. Just a gear. I am looking forward to this build, no name suggestions from me!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#4 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

A compact wild mouse, this should be interesting! Maybe the layout can be a custom Interpark crazy mouse.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#5 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

Sweet! I love extreme detail, it makes it feel like you are creating a real ride.

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#6 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

HAHAHA You said idears. JK!

The ride looks amazing even though its just the lift hill. Are you going to put lights on the lift hill under the tunnel thingy??

#7 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:44 AM

That looks cool so far!

Thank you :D

I especially like the lift's exit, I think that looks awesome. The "engine house" doesn't have an engine, from what I can see. Just a gear. I am looking forward to this build, no name suggestions from me!

Wanne borrow my glasses ? The picture is a little bit blurry. But if you watch very good you will see it.

A compact wild mouse, this should be interesting! Maybe the layout can be a custom Interpark crazy mouse.

It is going to be a custom layout.

Sweet! I love extreme detail, it makes it feel like you are creating a real ride.

Thanks. I love it 2 :D

HAHAHA You said idears. JK!

The ride looks amazing even though its just the lift hill. Are you going to put lights on the lift hill under the tunnel thingy??

Thanks my english isn't that good :P.

So here is a new update guys hope you guys like it. Please comment and be harsh.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

Looks very neat! Since this is a custom ride, I wonder whats gonna be under the tight curves, like (almost) every wild mouse. ;)

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#9 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

looking good so far. A pretty standard start for a mouse layout. The details are looking great.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

Looks super neat! I like the stairs you made. I hope you will make some hills/drops beside the all the turns.

Posted Image

#11 RidesByDaan

RidesByDaan

Entry Engineer

• 704 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

Nice coater, not that high just small and easy. Like it!

#12 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:29 AM

Me likes the tunnel on the lift so far :).
My only criticize is that at the last curve, it seems to curve ever so slightly. I think it should be completely flat. Also, in relation to that girl w/ the beard, it looks like the lift is around 50ft. It should be smaller, I know it's probably too late to say this, but oh well just thought I'd point that out. ^^ Drops and hills and such would be nice. So... who is that sitting in the chair? ;).
"Extremely detailed"; love to hear that. I don't know about anyone else but, IMO, it's the little details that really make a coaster "stand out".

Why is it that wild mouses just curve from side to side like that? I know it's hard to get a unique layout out of the type, but still. (Same goes for Vekoma boomerang coasters, lol. A C-roll and loop for basically all of them haha.)

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#13 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

Looks very neat! Since this is a custom ride, I wonder whats gonna be under the tight curves, like (almost) every wild mouse. ;)

You will see next update :D

looking good so far. A pretty standard start for a mouse layout. The details are looking great.

The whole layout is going to be standard

Looks super neat! I like the stairs you made. I hope you will make some hills/drops beside the all the turns.

Ofcourse sir

Nice coater, not that high just small and easy. Like it!

Me 2 :D

Me likes the tunnel on the lift so far :).
My only criticize is that at the last curve, it seems to curve ever so slightly. I think it should be completely flat. Also, in relation to that girl w/ the beard, it looks like the lift is around 50ft. It should be smaller, I know it's probably too late to say this, but oh well just thought I'd point that out. ^^ Drops and hills and such would be nice. So... who is that sitting in the chair? ;).
"Extremely detailed"; love to hear that. I don't know about anyone else but, IMO, it's the little details that really make a coaster "stand out".

Why is it that wild mouses just curve from side to side like that? I know it's hard to get a unique layout out of the type, but still. (Same goes for Vekoma boomerang coasters, lol. A C-roll and loop for basically all of them haha.)

Okay I dont wanne sound like a bitch. But i dont understand a thing about all these words.

Okay I already finished the layout. Tomorow I will make a test video. And post some pictures.

Posted Image

#14 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

^Sorry. Let me me try to explain the best I can, but unfortunately I'm horrible at explaining things. What I'm trying to say is that I'm loving that you're going to use extreme detail on this, and my only criticize is that the curves of the ride seem to be going down some, I always thought wild mouses were supposed to have flat curves.
I hope this clears up confusion, really sorry for being so off-topic in my other post.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#15 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

^Sorry. Let me me try to explain the best I can, but unfortunately I'm horrible at explaining things. What I'm trying to say is that I'm loving that you're going to use extreme detail on this, and my only criticize is that the curves of the ride seem to be going down some, I always thought wild mouses were supposed to have flat curves.
I hope this clears up confusion, really sorry for being so off-topic in my other post.

Now I understand it :P. The turns are going down because my cars cant go by the turn's when they are just leveld

Posted Image

#16 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

Hey guys here is a new update it's finished.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 iCoaster44

iCoaster44

French K'nexpert

• 383 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

It's very short :(

#18 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:06 AM

Why doesn't the train catch on the chain? I like the idea of the water splash! Everything is so detailed!! It looks so realistic!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#19 iCoaster44

iCoaster44

French K'nexpert

• 383 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:09 AM

Put tires drive in the station ;)
Why you don't use 12v motors ?

#20 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:30 AM

I like the creativity on the splashdown. :)

Posted Image