#1 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:03 AM

Coming in 2013!
Full Throttle

Full Throttle: The World’s Tallest and Fastest Looping Coaster

In 2013 Six Flags Magic Mountain is going Full Throttle with another world-record: the tallest, fastest looping roller coaster in the world! Unlike traditional coasters, this unique, one-of-a-kind triple launch coaster will take the coaster experience to the next generation with a never-been-done-before launch up and over a “Top Hat” that traces the outside of a world-record 160-foot loop — plus a zero to 70 miles-per-hour acceleration on two forward launches and one backward launch into and out of an underground tunnel.

Your record-breaking adventure will take place through the park’s distinctive mountainous terrain onboard sleek trains that suddenly accelerate from zero to 70 miles-per-hour in the first of three launches, sending you blasting through the first inversion, the inside of the world-record 160-foot tall loop. You’ll then enter into a high-banked curve to the right and then to the left as you approach the second gut-wrenching inversion — a Dive Loop that rapidly drops you into a dark underground tunnel. After a brief stop, you’ll suddenly be launched backwards up to the high point of the Dive Loop where you’ll be dropped and magnetically launched a third time, racing out of the tunnel and through a high G-turn to the left. You’ll then shoot up and over the outside of the World Record loop, where you’ll experience significant air time and a breath-taking view of the park as you drop back down to Earth, rapidly decelerating and taking the final 180-degree turn to the left, returning to the station where you can catch your breath.

Full Throttle will be located near the front of the park in a newly themed five-acre section where guests will experience high-energy action through fast-paced imagery, sound and lights. With this addition, Six Flags Magic Mountain, the Thrill Capital of the World, firmly holds the coveted “Coaster Capital of the World” crown — with a total of 18 roller coasters — more than any other theme park on the planet.

“Six Flags is known world-wide as the industry leader in next generation thrills. And, bar none, Six Flags Magic Mountain leads the pack, offering the biggest and the best … always,” said Bonnie Rabjohn, Six Flags Magic Mountain park president. “As we mark our 42nd anniversary of operation, we’re ready to take Southern California by storm, yet again, with the most comprehensive collection of thrilling roller coasters anywhere in the world.”

Full Throttle is the perfect addition to the park’s coaster collection, joining other adrenaline-pumping coasters, including Tatsu — the tallest, fastest and longest flying coaster in the world; X2 — the world’s first and only 5th dimensional coaster; Apocalypse — the next generation of wooden coasters; and Goliath — the “giant among giants” mega coaster.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#2 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

Oh my gawd... That is sick! I totally like that backward launch and the loop with the track on top of it. So this will probably be build by S&S?

EDIT: It could also be Premier Rides which will be building this coaster.

Posted Image

#3 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:18 AM

I must say, it looks like a really cool ride. However, that "2nd, backwards launch" looks to be overkill in my mind. There was enough speed to get the train over that top hat (since the train easily had more speed going into the launch than coming in a second time). I love the loop doubling as a top has as well. Do we know what company it will be by?

V I couldn't agree more. In the video, it does look like only 2 trains run at one time too. I would guess maybe 3 trains running, or possibly 4 (2 on track, and 1 in station loading, and 1 in station unloading).

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#4 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:34 AM

YOLO... REALLY!?!?! YOLO?!?! Somebody needs to be fired... or shot...

I like the idea of a hill on the outside of the loop. And the 0-70mph in 2 seconds will be incredible. I am going to assume this is Premier's doing as it doesn't mention a manufacturer. But I hate how Six Flags hasn't given any real stats yet, just the popping record breaking ones. One of which I was looking for is capacity, and from the looks of it, it's going to be another long wait at the Mountain. 3 cars with 3 rows of 2 wide each, makes 18 per train, and I can't imagine this having more than 2 trains running without major stacking.

Does anybody else feel like it's really random and RCTish that it flys over the Superman plaza?

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#5 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

The fact how they put YOLO at the beginning of the video just makes me tear my house apart.

Other than that, I think this is a great coaster for SFMM! I can't wait to go on it next year!
Btw, I can tell this coaster is gonna be built by Premier Rides.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#6 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

The loop, tophat, and backwards launch look cool. But I fear that those will pretty much be the only elements. I was hoping for more of terrain hugging coaster, but I won't complain too much until they release the stats.

#7 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

2 trains of 18 riders each... What a joke. How the hell can Magic Mountain management professionally agree that that low of capacity is acceptable?

The ride itself I feel meh about. I also think the backwards launch is unnecessary, it also dampers possibilities of better capacity. I think the loop hat is cool but damn...that will be one long, long line.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#8 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

This coaster looks pretty cool, but I think SFMM could do better, don't worry guys the line will get shorter over the years, I'm going t this park in December, to bad I won't get to ride this.

#9 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

Ugh, you're so lucky IOA^ I never get to go to any theme parks. My parents hate me (not really, it just seems like it). I saw a POV from TPR, probably the one above, but I didn't watch that one. I love the idea of the backwards launch, I want to ride this (along with many other coasters, which I will one day) very badly, when I graduate High School, I am planning a super long theme park trip, by myself, and maybe my friend.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#10 KahluaCoasters

KahluaCoasters

Rut Row!

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

This coaster looks pretty cool, but I think SFMM could do better, don't worry guys the line will get shorter over the years, I'm going t this park in December, to bad I won't get to ride this.

I do agree with you, it's a pretty sick ride but it seems short and not worth the wait.

#11 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

2 trains of 18 riders each... What a joke. How the hell can Magic Mountain management professionally agree that that low of capacity is acceptable?

Wait, its only gonna have two trains?! Has the park thought about putting 3 or 4 trains in the coaster instead?

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#12 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:38 AM

This coaster was looking really good with the top hat/loop thing.
But after watching the video, I agree with PKI. Hitting the brakes when the train is going the fastest?
Very RCTish. I'm thinking this is Premiere from the looks of those trains. S&S have been using their own trains on their launch coasters.
Even the backwards/forwards launch is the same as Superman's Steel Flight of Ultimate Escape.

#13 SFMMCrazy

SFMMCrazy

#Thrillsforallages

• 794 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

This is being built by Premier Rides.There will only be 2 trains with 3 cars per train. I went on Superman: Ultimate Flight a couple of weeks ago and they were beyond fast with the capacity. I think SFMM can do that aswell,they even have fast capactiy with Lex Luthor! I love the idea of this ride...but it's ending is too sudden.

Thrill Capital Insider

Where Thrills Rule

#14 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

Full Throttle looks sick!
Posted Image
This looks like a very good ride.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

premier rides is doing a very good job

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting

#16 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

That looks yummy :).

Posted Image

#17 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

The element shown just blew away my expectations for the ride. I didn't think it looked that cool when I saw the off-ride animation, but now I'm thinking differently...

Posted Image

#18 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

It seems to have a short layout. So it might be hard to have a lot of trains going. If there are two trains on the track, like LaMbChOpZ said, there is a chance they can get very close together with a short layout with the forward/backward launch. I think that three will be the most. Who knows. Yes it is cool and all but it really isn't much.

#19 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

Full Throttle is coming along better than I ever expected!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

dude that looks sick

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting