11 replies to this topic

#1 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

Coming in 2013
Iron Rattler

Innovative Technology Drives Taller Drops, Faster Speeds and Steeper Banks and Turns

Six Flags Fiesta Texas announces plans to unveil its newest addition and structural landmark as the highly anticipated hybrid coaster Iron Rattler will make its’ dashing debut next spring at Six Flags Fiesta Texas.

The Iron Rattler will be a unique technological marvel combining a classic wooden support structure with modern track and rails crafted of steel, allowing for unprecedented smooth and swift over-banked turns and inversions never before experienced on either a traditional steel or wooden coaster. Utilizing state-of-the-art Iron Horse Track™©® the innovative Iron Rattler will provide four over-banked turns, the most of any hybrid coaster today, and will be the first to deliver an inverted barrel roll for an awe-inspiring adventure in and around the surrounding 100-ft. quarry wall setting!

With its unique construction, the Iron Rattler will have:

• A staggering drop of 171 feet with an amazing drop angle of 81 degrees.
• A blazing top speed of 70 mph.
• Four over-banked turns — more than any other hybrid coaster, and the first of its kind to
feature a completely inverted barrel roll.

The Iron Rattler will be a force to be reckoned with and a unique technological marvel, combining a classic wooden support structure with modern track and rails crafted of steel . “Six Flags has innovation as part of our DNA and the Iron Rattler will take extreme innovation to a new level with a taller drop, faster speed and steeper banks. This cutting-edge coaster truly marries the best of both classic and modern coaster designs to deliver heart-pounding thrills,” said park president Martin Bozer.

The steel track will be constructed by Rocky Mountain Construction Group, the same group that helped design the New Texas Giant at Six Flags Over Texas. According to Tim Baldwin, editor of Rollercoaster! Magazine, "The Rattler’s transformation is expected to be nothing short of spectacular. This innovation is so new in the amusement industry; it has only been done once before. The results were tremendous, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas' project should be equally amazing."

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#2 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

This should be as awesome as the new wooden coaster for Silver Dollar City. I actually like the fact that this one makes a complete roll instead of half a roll the one in SDC makes (apart from the two heartline rolls :))!

Posted Image

#3 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

Not only is the original drop back, but they also removed the helix! :D
This looks absolutely awesome and is a major improvement of the old Rattler!

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#4 Zem

Zem

Zemmiphobiac

• 483 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

I just was a SFFT last weekend. Saw them taking the thing apart. Half the helix is gone now but that was the only progress I could see on the reconstruction. I'm glad I rode the old one when id did even though it did have its flaws with its crazy bending and flexing track and extremely rough ride. With Fiesta Texas tied for 5th with the most inversions in a park one more on a hybrid couldn't hurt. RIP Rattler.

P.S. Just curious but what is the animation company that makes these roller coaster promos? It seems like is is the same one for most large coaster announcement videos.

#5 Zem

Zem

Zemmiphobiac

• 483 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

Iron Rattler is having some track installed

Posted Image

#6 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

^ Insane? Yes. Epic headchoppers? Yes. Incredibly ugly? Yes.

Why can't RMC build Iron Horse track colored brown, with brown steel plates...

#7 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

^^ Is that near the end? The videos don't show anything after the tunnel.

#8 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

^ I believe it's the area where the helix was on top the cliff.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#9 Zem

Zem

Zemmiphobiac

• 483 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

You are correct. They are making it more of a U-turn now. I'm not sure about the layout after the tunnel though. The after that the original rattler got kinda lame so I hope they improve upon that. I can't wait to ride this next year during my summer San Antonio trip. After riding this I'll have been on two of the three Rocky Mountain Coasters.

And also:

Posted Image

#10 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

I'm so glad RMC took out the helix of Iron Rattler and put in the original drop! :)

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#11 Zem

Zem

Zemmiphobiac

• 483 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

You are correct. They are making it more of a U-turn now. I'm not sure about the layout after the tunnel though. The after that the original rattler got kinda lame so I hope they improve upon that. I can't wait to ride this next year during my summer San Antonio trip. After riding this I'll have been on two of the three Rocky Mountain Coasters.

And also:

Posted Image

#12 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

I'm so glad RMC took out the helix of Iron Rattler and put in the original drop! :)