Cedar Point 8/31/12

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

As a birthday present, my dad allowed me to skip the 4th day of school to go to Cedar Point.

I expected the park to be a bit crowded, but when we entered the parking lot, we were surprised so see about 1/8 of it filled. The parking people let us park wherever we wanted.

We entered the park and my dad said that the lines won't exceed 5 minutes. I said that he is probably wrong, and that the longest line will be for Millennium Force.

As we approached the ticket purchase booth thing, we stopped there and asked the lady if they had any fast lane wristbands available, that's when I hurt my jaw because it hit the ground too hard.

After thanking my dad 100 times for the wristband, we got on the train to go to Frontiertown (wild west themed section of the park near the back). We got on Maverick first, and avoided a 30 minute wait. After 15 minutes of waiting, we got in the very front seat, of the first train. As the first launch started, we felt a jolt followed by a loud screeching noise, then the train failed to clear the first hill. We thought that the ride was going to be down for an hour or so, but after about 5 minutes, the train was launched over the top of the first hill and into the rest of this crazy, intense, awesome ride. We liked it so much that we rode it again. This ride was in the very back seat. I liked it even more this time than the last time.

When we exited Maverick, we decided to ride Skyhawk. And it, as always, was awesome.

My dad then wanted to try out Mean Streak, but he wasn't sure that it would be ride-able, so he had me test it out, and the first two curves were glass smooth. The rest of the ride however, was crap. I decided that it would most likely ruin his day if he were to ride the Meaner than Shit Streak.

I had not eaten anything all day, so my dad got a burger, and I got a 11$ chicken basket. (lol)

After hearing that Gemini is actually smooth, and after a lot of persuading, my dad agreed to ride the Gemini with me. We had had a very bad experience with this ride in the past, and were hoping that a ride in the front, instead of the back, would be smoother. And it was. It was glass smooth, and even had some airtime. They were only running the red side though, so it wasn't as fun as it is when they race both sides.

We rode five rides in a 30 minute time period. We had both gotten a bit sick, so we took a short break before riding Magnum. It's still a bit bumpy, but in the back seat, the airtime is awesome!

It was then time to ride Top Thrill Dragster. It was hot as hell, so we just wanted to get this ride done and over with before we went inside the air conditioned restaurant and just sat. We rode in the second to front seat. The ride must have been on steroids! The launch was super fast, the trim brakes were off, I put my hands up right before the ride curved up and the G-Forces were so great that my hands were forced into my lap! Right at the top of the hill, the ride cruised aver the top at what felt like 20 mph! The airtime was crazy, the strongest I've ever felt. My hands were again forced into my lap in the drop. This was the best ride I've EVER had on TTD.

We went into the 50's themed restaurant near Iron Dragon (I forget the name) and just sat there for about 15 minutes to cool off before riding Power Tower shot side (which was fun).

That's half of my day. I'll post the rest when I get back home.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#2 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

You're so lucky that you get to go to CP. i've always wanted to visit, I will one day :D Great trip report by the way.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#3 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

Nice report so far. Gemini was also only running one train when I went 3 days before, I'm not sure what the problem with the blue side is. I also wonder if temperature has anything to do with TTD's speed. The first day when we went, it was relatively cool (low 70's) and it was barely making the crest each time.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel