• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

Posted Image

This coaster will involve B&M twisty goodness.

Edited by Old_Hag, 09 February 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#2 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Very nice start. Only thing I could suggest (which you're probably going to do anyway) is make more track to support connections closer to the bottom. Other than that I like it!

#3 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

The pre-drop looks awkwardly long... but it doesn't really bother me. Looks good.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#4 Zem

Zem

Zemmiphobiac

• 483 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Looks nice but I agree with chubs about the pre-drop.

#5 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

Maybe you could make the crest a bit bigger, so the pre-drop get shorter.

Posted Image

#6 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

Predrop should be make a little shorter when I'm looking at Raging Bull. The drop looks really good, don't change a thing on that.

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#7 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

Resident Nolimits 2 Expert

• 761 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

The predrop looks waay too long. try shortening it a gray or two.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[18-07, 09:16] SCM: I only see 14 inversions. There's supposed to be 14 inversions.

STEEL VENOM - DRAGON - JAWHARP - ARMAGEDDON - ICE - CEREBUS - DIABLO - STEEL VENOM - THE REVENGE - CLIFFHANGER - FALCON - SMILER - ALTON TOWERS

Construction zone:

None

#8 SimpsonsJunkey24

SimpsonsJunkey24

Spread Love Like Violence

• 406 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

Apollo's Chariot has a rather long pre-drop, maybe he's going for that kind of look.

#9 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

The drop looks so smooth I wouldn't bother changing the predrop. I think it looks pretty good anyway. Your choice. Or you could have some brakes on the predrop and add some suspence...

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#10 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

Looks cool and smooth i cant wait for some airhills!

#11 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

I shortened the pre drop and made the first half of the second hill. Things will be getting more interesting from here on out.

I know the speed looks a bit fast in the test video, but it was barely making it before and the angle might make it look a bit faster than it actually is.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

I think the camelback should be slightly steeper. Slightly steeper it's not even funny. Also, the pullin, IMO, should be a tad bit wider. Overall, looks like a good one so far!
Edit: v
IMHO means In My Honest Opinion. Not what you were asking for but it's similar so I thought I'd say what it meant. Thanks for congratulating me for posting 400 times :). Yeah, pretty soon I'll be congratulating you when you reach 500 posts.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#13 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

^ I may sound retarded, but what the heck does IMO mean? Congrats on 400 posts too.
You're like a pregnant roller coaster, you just keep making them right after one another, and wont stop. (Terrible analogy) I think the steepness is fine, personally, and I am looking forward to seeing the elements you can come up with!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#14 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

the pre drop looks strange to me but it (such a little drop there) but for the steepness i think its ok and IMO means in my opinion coastergeek

Steam: rodimus113
MC and XBL: rodimuz
PC:
amd a4-3420, r5 230, 8gb ddr3 1333

#15 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

The steepness is good for B&M.
The predrop looks better now that it is a bit shorter. I really hope to see some creativity in this coaster, since I really like that :)

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#16 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

i went on applolos chariot this summer the pre drop looks exactly like, hope the ride looks good at the end

#17 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

I think I agree with SCM that the camel back should just be a little bit steeper but not much. Otherwise it all looks very smooth too me. It doesn't look too fast in the test video. Besides, at least it will be reliable. Also, you have a huge room there. I would say make good use of it. Maybe some diving turns or something.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#18 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

I'm going to disagree here. I think you should make the crest a little sharper and make th predrop longer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#19 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

I'm going to disagree here. I think you should make the crest a little sharper and make th predrop longer.

If I'm gonna change the predrop again I'm gonna do it towards the end of the building process. Not worth changing it 5 times now when people are going to tell me to change it back each time.

Maybe some diving turns or something.

Your wish has been granted...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Thanks for using my idea. You've done a pretty smooth job of it as well. Now all you need is cobra roll and then a triple loop into a launch section with a ridiculously large Kingda Ka top hat and your done. Just kidding but seriously, nice work. Not too much wrong here at all. I would be interested to know how strong the supports are though. If they don't shake then don't change them but they just seem rather vague underneath the crest. Otherwise, no other niggles.

Tyndrum

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tube supports micro base