• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Zem

Zem

Zemmiphobiac

• 483 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

This was posted on the Coaster Dynamix Facebook page:

We know you all have been waiting patiently for this... so I'd like to announce that the Scorpion is officially coming back! More details to come next week...

Posted Image

This image was also added as their main wall photo:
Posted Image

Jack Rimer's(One of the two founders of Coaster Dynamix) Facebook Page Responses:
It is exactly the same as the original except taller. Same flexible components, with a different lift. That's all... Oh...and a few tweaks added such as: longer rail segments for smoother operation, point to point spine construction for easier assembly, new more efficient trains, lower lift entry and taller lift for added reliability, and a new simplified lift mechanism. Plus, it is color compatible with the Phoenix and sidewinder kits and expansion packs. Cheaper? Lol. Have you seen how the dollar is doing lately? Every component in the kit has increased in price 20-40% since the last time we ordered. One of the reasons we redesigned the lift hill, other than to standardize components, was to cut costs. There will be an increase in the price....it is unavoidable.

#2 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

I still have the original:) I really gotta sell it.... lol

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#3 Zem

Zem

Zemmiphobiac

• 483 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

I still have the original:) I really gotta sell it.... lol

I'll buy it from you if you name a reasonable enough price. I've been in the market for one for quite a while now.

#4 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

^ That's the problem, I have no clue what the right price is haha. I've gotta do some research.

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu

#5 RideOnKI

RideOnKI

BANNED

• 233 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

As soon as I can get the money, Im getting me one.

#6 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

I saw that last night. Looks cool but I really prefer the older colors. Also they said more efficient trains, wonder what they did because last I heard (and this was like 2 years ago) they were going to make them like the upright trains with plastic on the bottom. Which are much more inefficient then the current (or old I guess) inverted 3 metal wheel trains.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#7 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

I have the original one. Never finished it though because my cat chewed the rails and the front car broke when it hit a support. The train was already very efficient though. I'm not sure how they could make it more so.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#8 Zem

Zem

Zemmiphobiac

• 483 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

New picture:
Posted Image

But the real reason I'm posting is...

Video of the new Scorpion:

NEW CoasterDynamix Scorpion Roller Coaster!

#9 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

**Nevermind, wrong thread**

#10 Zem

Zem

Zemmiphobiac

• 483 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:07 AM

Details Details Details! The Scorpion will be back for $249.99. We changed the lift hill to use the Phoenix track. This both made it more reliable (fewer odd parts) and also compatible with the Phoenix track system! Since we have a VERY limited supply of these new Scorpions, we are doing a pre-order. To reserve your Scorpion, we ask that you put a $100 deposit. Once we are finished packing all of the parts, printing the instructions, and adding our secret ingredients, we will charge the remainder of the balance and ship the model to you! Where can you do all this? Well.. right HERE: Scorpion Roller Coaster Model

Posted Image
SIZE: 1' (0.3m) x 4' (1.2m) x 2.3' (0.7m) tall
SCALE: 1:48 | "O" Gauge | 1/4"=1'-0"

THIS IS THE SCORPION PRE-ORDER! THE FINAL PRICE IS $249.99. YOU WILL BE CHARGE (I think they meant to say CHARGED with a 'D') $100 TO RESERVE YOUR KIT AND WILL BE CHARGED THE BALANCE WHEN THE MODEL SHIPS.

Scorpion is the world's most incredible operating roller coaster modeling system! It's perfect for all roller coaster and amusement park enthusiasts.

INFINITELY AND EASILY MODIFIABLE

• Realistic twisting and bending of the semi-flexible track system enabling infinite options for track paths.
  • All structural supports are infinitely adjustable in both horizontal and vertical directions.
  • All joints for the train, structure and track are either snap-together, friction-fit or bolted - no glue joints for an infinite number of iterations.
EASY AND QUICK TO ASSEMBLE

• With or without the included simple directions, the model can be quickly and easily assembled.
  • Well-designed instructions guide the user through the more intricate tasks involved.
LIMITLESS EXPANDABILITY

• Twenty-six feet (26' / 7.9M) of track, including a two foot (2' 0.6M) lift, included.
  • Multiple kits can be easily joined together.
  • Interlocking ground sections for a myriad of configurations.
  • Additional pieces of track, structure, ground, and trains available.
  • Compatible with the Phoenix and Sidewinder track system.
VISUALLY ACCURATE

• Realistic colors and finishes for a realistic look for the specific model parts and the overall model.
  • Details on the train, track system and structural joints closely resembles the likeness of real roller coasters.
REALISTIC OPERATION

• The model is fully functional via gravity.
  • Electric powered lift.
HIGH QUALITY

• Precision stainless steel wheels.
  • Top quality mechanical lift components.
  • Interlocking molded ground sections.
  • Custom precision extruded train and structure.
  • High-tolerance injection molded track structure and track parts.

#11 pǝʇɹǝʌuı

pǝʇɹǝʌuı

I am a cat

• 202 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

It's gonna be awesome. All I need is money...

I got the original scorpion a while ago and I had a lot of fun (I might have another CD model coming soon now that band's coming to a close). This is really gonna be awesome. I already used the new rails from my phoenix and I'm excited that they're coming to this model too. The train design should be awesome, especially if it is compatible with the sitdown trains. I really want this, I just need the money.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

The train design has not changed. We just molded the cars out of a more efficient plastic so the wheels roll better.

#13 Zem

Zem

Zemmiphobiac

• 483 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

The train design has not changed. We just molded the cars out of a more efficient plastic so the wheels roll better.

I had no clue you had a SSC account Jack. Really cool that you can answer some questions on here. Will there be expansion packs for this new set like the original scorpion? Also, I just wanted to make sure that with the new track connections, my old scorpion track will work with the new one. I'd love to maybe use some of my birthday money next month to buy this set if I can get enough.

Also, Post #200!

#14 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Eventually we will have expansion packs for this kit. Right now, we just got in enough parts to sell kits. The track, with the exception of the lift is all the same. Very little has changed. Most of the changes are meant to make assembly easier and increase reliability.

#15 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

I just peed my pants.....
Posted Image

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

#16 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

Oh yeah..... :) We aim to please.....

#17 Zem

Zem

Zemmiphobiac

• 483 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

I just peed my pants.....

I was just about to post that ;)

Are the cars that color so they will match the Phoenix and New Scorpion track or will they be coming in GateKeeper blue?

#18 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

The cars are not blue. The track is blue. In fact, according to the B&M official drawings, the cowling is bronze, not yellow. We made the prototype yellow because the pictures online were yellow. This is just a prototype. There is no guarantee we will produce it. That all depends on Cedar Point.

#19 Zem

Zem

Zemmiphobiac

• 483 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

I was just referring to the color of the restraints. From the concept art where you have the red it is normally blue/black. I'm sure if you actually make a final product it will be more acurate. I hope Cedar point chooses to allow another Statix Model. Also I'm just wondering if you've ever considered making a different track type other than B&M such as Vekoma styled track with the track on the outside and the cars on the inside. I'm not sure if it could work but it would certaintly be really cool.

#20 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

We have considered making other track types, but the cost is too great for the demand. Only the enthusiasts care and most of them want to complain rather than purchase. This is the reason we have been concentrating on the O gauge train market with our wooden kits. Our customers love the models, have the money to pay for them, and never complain about realism.
With all the models we make, some liberties must be taken in order to manufacture the product cost effectively. We have the actual design drawings from B&M with all the colors spelled out. The shrouds are actually bronze, not yellow. The restraints are red and bronze. We cannot have a two color restraint so we pick the most vibrant color for contrast and visual impact. If it deviates from the actual ride, oh well. The target customer is the casual park attendee and they do not notice those details or even care.