recreation wild eagle vv

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

Hades is getting modified it seems! With new trains, and a INVERSION! That's right! Also, you'll say "This isn't the first wooden coaster to go upside down!", but your wrong, this is the first "wooden" tracked coaster to go upside down, all the others have been steel.

Mt. Olympus Resorts Hades 360 | Facebook

I'm syched!

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#2 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Good. Finally a wooden coaster that's actually a wooden coaster with an inversion. Am I right in saying SoB's loop was made of steel and the rest of the track was wooden?

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#3 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Holy Shit...

I did not see this coming at all. I haven't even heard anything about Mt Olympus until now. That is awesome!

To anyone who doesn't know the ride, this is the section being redesigned. Posted Image

EDIT: ^ The actual track was wood, but the spine structure for the loop was steel.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#4 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

So many looping woodies next year :o

#5 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

AND after the 0-G roll a 135* overbank is added. Low to the ground :o (see youtube description)

To be honest, I don't like these new wooden loopers. I still like the classic ones (GCI) the best.

#6 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Isn't this the coaster with the "ejector hill-o-death?"

#7 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

That sounds like the most painful thing on the planet! Mt. Olympus can't even maintain Hades the way it is, let alone with an inversion, and still only has one train, and a slow ass ride crew.

#8 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

World’s First upside down wooden rollercoaster!

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park announces plans to unveil its newest addition and structural landmark as the famous underground wooden coaster Hades will transform to become the world first all wooden rollercoaster with an upside down roll coming spring 2013.

Hades 360 will be a unique technological marvel integrating the underground uniqueness of Hades and adding a 360 degree upside down loop and a 135 degree over-banked turn. Plus Hades 360 will also be equipped with a new state of the art rollercoaster train, giving riders the feel of riding on a steel coaster. Utilizing this state-of-the-art train by Gravity Group, Hades 360 will be the world’s longest underground and have world’s only upside down roll on an all wooden rollercoaster. Hades 360 will be the first to deliver an awe-inspiring wooden coaster thrill all while in the vast world of Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park.

With its unique construction, Hades 360 will have:
• The World’s First completely upside down roll on an all wooden coaster
• The World’s longest underground track measuring 800 feet underground
• A 90 degree turn underground in complete darkness
• A 135 degree over-banked turn
• A staggering drop of 140 feet with an amazing drop angle of 65 degrees
• Total length of 4,725 feet
• A 160 foot incline to the top drop
• A blazing top speed of 70 mph

Hades 360 will be a force to be reckoned with and a unique technological marvel, taking the classic wooden support structure and technically integrating an upside down roll into the existing track. The upgrade to Hades 360 will be engineered and constructed by Gravity Group, the same group that designed the original Hades. The Hades 360 transformation will exceed far beyond any mortal’s expectations. This innovation is so new in the amusement industry, it has never been done before.

https://www.facebook...463854223660627

Spoiler

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#9 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

Correction: it will be the third woodie with an inversion. Outlaw Run already claimed second, after SoB. And don't forgot, Hades is also a hybrid and includes topper track too. ;)

EDIT: Okay PKI, if you think that your right, then explain to me why there is silver metal in the same place that topper track is placed

Posted Image

And again, a woodie means that both the structure and the track are wooden. Hades has a wooden track but steel supports, yet Outlaw Run has wooden supports and wooden track. It sounds legitimate enough to me.

Formally RK500

#10 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

^ Good job SDC home boy, Hades does not have topper track. Not to mention there is a difference between a hybrid (traditional wood track with steel supports) and a track hybrid with wood AND steel track.

Outlaw Run is not a woodie!!! :P

EDIT: ^ Where? What do you think you see? I see nothing but wood track with thin steel running rails. Also, are you aware that that picture was taken in April 2005, and that RMC didn't even come on scene until 2009? And what do you think the chances are that Gravity Group would be sponsoring and performing this renovation if there was RMC topper track on the ride?

No, "woodie" is slang for wooden coaster, which means wooden track. It doesn't matter what the supports are made of. And are you seriously claiming that Outlaw Run has wooden track? Please! Outlaw Run has a partial wooden track where wooden boards are sandwiched between steel beam rails and a steel bracket frame. How can you claim that as a wood track coaster?

Also, please create a new post for your next response, this will get too confusing otherwise.

SSCoasters Staff

#11 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Almost as if to prove pki's point, here we have the Grand National, a quintessential wood coaster and I see those steel running rails and the same track.
Grand National - Pleasure Beach, Blackpool (Blackpool, Lancashire, England, UK) (can't be bothered uploading so I'll just link it)
Sorry RK.
Edit: Also, not sure if this is finished track or not but it's not wood.
http://rcdb.com/10582.htm?p=40653

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#12 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

...this is the first "wooden" tracked coaster to go upside down, all the others have been steel.

Good. Finally a wooden coaster that's actually a wooden coaster with an inversion. Am I right in saying SoB's loop was made of steel and the rest of the track was wooden?

Outlaw Run is wooden. Only two of the eleven layers material that make up the rails are steel. The other nine - the vast majority - is wood. If you take the wood out, the steel topper track would not be able to support the ride.

You're thinking of El Toro. This hill on Hades is actually taken quite slowly.

Correction: it will be the third woodie with an inversion. Outlaw Run already claimed second, after SoB. And don't forgot, Hades is also a hybrid and includes topper track too. ;)

EDIT: Okay PKI, if you think that your right, then explain to me why there is silver metal in the same place that topper track is placed

Hades does not have topper track - I've been on it. It was built way before RMC existed and the technology has not been adapted. Those thin metal strips are on EVERY wooden roller coaster. The steel strips make the ride no less of a wooden coaster - if they didn't exist, the wood layers making up the rails would have to be replaced very very often due to wear.

Just to get this straight -

Wood (note the steel strips on the rails):

Posted Image

Wood hybrid (steel supports, wood track; once again, steel strips on the rails):

Posted Image

Steel hybrid (wood supports, steel track):

Posted Image

As I already mentioned, I put Outlaw Run under wood. The track, volume wise, is almost completely wood, and it has a huge importance structurally. El Toro and plug n' plays also fit under wood as well.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#13 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

You're thinking of El Toro. This hill on Hades is actually taken quite slowly.

I found out, it was Cyclops.

#14 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

I found out, it was Cyclops.

You have to be 18 or older to sit in the back car of that ride. :D

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#15 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

I swear to god I almost died on Cyclops. The entire lap bar broke and the seatbelt was the only thing holding me in. One of my absolute favorite coaster experiences ever.

I have my doubts with Hades 360. I can see it being insanely painful.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#16 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

^ I've ridden Hades probably 7 times over 3 trips, never once has it been painful for me, except for that last helix before the break run.

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu

#17 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Double post, whatever!

Well for those of you saying Outlaw Run is wooden track, even the owner of the park says it has steel track.

http://www.youtube.c...fa7yWg&t=17m15s

You can see here that the metal on top of the wooden frame isn't a steel sheet like a traditional wooden coaster, it's a beam somewhat. I would classify this track as hybrid, but just barely.

Posted Image

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

#18 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

Woah, now I know that I'm not the only one who does not think topper track is a hybrid.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#19 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

You can see here that the metal on top of the wooden frame isn't a steel sheet like a traditional wooden coaster, it's a beam somewhat. I would classify this track as hybrid, but just barely.

I completely agree with you on. I guess you can't make a wooden coaster with inversions without adding more steel to the track *sigh*.

Anyways, Hades 360 looks awesome! I just hope the ride won't be too rough, especially for the Millennium Flyer trains.

V Oh, my bad. Sorry.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#20 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

^ Those are Millennium Flyers, those are GravityGroup's new Timberliner trains. And Hades will have the traditional wood track through the inversion.

SSCoasters Staff

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recreation wild eagle vv