Disney World (Florida) Trip Report

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

In year 2011, I have went to Disney world. We stayed for approx. 10 days and having a lot of fun. Here are the pictures, there's a lot. Let's do this in an organized manner.
Let's begin with the resorts. (We stayed at the hotel with Sassagoula in it)
Resorts
Here are pictures of the resort we stayed at. It's a french- themed area.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Below are some pictures from other hotels. This selection has probably me best shots in this entire thread. I mean I just LOVE the way the plants, rocks, and water look. (L)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Downtown Disney
To be honest, I don't like the place. It has good food, though. One time, I got a huge amount of chocolate ice cream with a HUGE cone from this one place. Let's start off w/ the lego scenery.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Below was my favorite lego sculpture. I love dragons, and I love the colors black and purple together.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Below, let's move on to the new restaurant. It's a dinosaur-themed place, and it's amazing. One area is like the ice age, and the ice changes color at times. Another place has huge bugs, another has prehistoric undersea life, and where we sat was an area where the ceiling sometimes displayed meteors.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
This picture I took by accident, but IMO it looks pretty cool!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Epcot Some good pictures come from here, too.
Posted Image
Below is a fail, didn't have time to take another shot but you could guess what I was trying to do.
Posted Image
I love the picture below!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Magic Kingdom Best of all parks in Disney World. These are where the rides are. Let's begin with Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, my personal favorite.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
For some reason, the ground at this one place had a lot of pennies on it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
(Below) Loading passengers at station. This was like my 2nd time riding it I think.
Posted Image

Now let's go with the tallest ride in the park: Splash Mountain. Lots of small drops and a very fun ride. I don't think I was sitting correctly, though. The last drop felt like my head was getting torn off. Don't have any pictures for this, sorry guys!

Continuing on, we have Haunted Mansion. Technically the scariest ride there. I saw one comment on YT about it, something like "If there's no windows and no doors, how did we get in?" and I just couldn't agree more. The ride broke down when we were on it, so we spent 20 min looking at this one thing opening a door. It's the only part of the ride that I'm actually afraid of. Pictures.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Tomorrowland Decently fun place, rode Space Mountain when I was there. It seemed to last a really long time. I actually almost lost my camera on this ride. Just before the gates closed, I realized I forgot my camera and had to quickly grab it. Barely made it. One second later and the gates would've closed fully and my camera either stolen or lost. Unfortunately, no pictures.

In Astro Orbiter, me and my sister went on it. I was controlling the rocket, and she wanted me to go higher. I would've done that, but it seriously felt like I was about to fall out, and all that was stopping me was a small buckle thing. The ride was good, although the lateral G's were pretty intense when it stopped, going pretty fast with no banking for a couple of seconds.

Now for the scenery.
Posted Image
Posted Image

To end it off, some pictures of and the scenery around the castle.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Overall, the trip was exceptionally good. Rating: 4/5.
Edit: Going to the Hollywood park was a big mistake for us. We didn't even get to do anything because every attraction and food place was too crowded. The rides all had at minimum 3 hour waiting line. This sucks because I really wanted to go on Rockin' Roller Coaster. :@ So we did VIRTUALLY nothing for 8 hours.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#2 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, IOAgeek's and my trip report will probably be up tonight. Why were there no pictures of you, SCM? IOAgeek told me your age yesterday too!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305