• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rare Rides

Rare Rides

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

I just made a small launch system for little coasters. If your trying to make a ride similar Manta or Revenge of the Mummy, this is a great and easy launch system with very little parts! I've only tried this with the knex mirco track coasters and I'm not 100% sure it will work with tracks like the Screamin Serpent or those with older track systems. My coaster is very small. It has a loop only like a foot tall. First get the micro chain and make sure you have at least 2.5' of it. Then get a measuring tape that can lock and unlock. Get a piece of string and tie that on to the end of the chain and measuring tape. Run the car of chain and make sure it's tight. Then unlock the measuring tape and the coaster will have slower launch then other systems, but it will have limited part to build. It shouldn't work the first time. It will need adjusting. Make sure the measuring tape DOES NOT go over the track, only the chain will(Tape will get caught on the track). DO NOT attach the chain back to the beginning of the chain or it will not work. Biggest problem: the chain WILL come lose from the track every time and will need to be put back it launch position by hand.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8085[/ATTACH] http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

#2 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

I love lo-tech solutions like this. This would be perfect for a small launched coaster. That's a very novel idea.

#3 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

Definitely a unique launch system, I like it. I would imagine there would be a way to make it automatic or semi-automatic, possibly using string or something like that. Nice innovation!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chain, k'nex, launch system