atlas coaster knex roller thezachman28

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

Alright so I decided to make a thread for this because I am really excited for it! This is my first SS coaster I have made and If you saw my blog post you saw the beginning. I haven't done much to it yet. Hope you like it! (I know the spines on the corkscrew are backwards It is just easier for me to have them that way :P)[ATTACH=CONFIG]8118[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8119[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8120[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8121[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8122[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8123[/ATTACH] http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be Also, I am getting another SS soon (out of pieces right now :( and im getting RR boosters for a launch after the turn!)
Comment please :) :) :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#2 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

Sorry, forgot to use Photobucket. Here it is!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#3 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

Looks very good but once you recieve your ss try ro make some supports so you can makee a little hill befbefpre the launch.

#4 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

^ Thanks! I will do that :)

Edited by -=Zach=-, 24 May 2013 - 06:06 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

Looks pretty good for a first and considering you only have one SS right now. My suggestions would be to: 1. (when you get your next SS) add some more solid supports to the corkscrew because right now they look kind of weak. 2. stagger the flexi rods so that they don't end at the same spot and on your next coaster even remove the ladder connectors between the flexies, both of these things will make the track a lot smoother and hopefully get you some more speed out of your coaster. Good luck! :D

Posted Image

#6 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

^ Thanks for the advice! I am currently working on the corkscrew for any extra support I can give it until I get more pieces.

Edited by -=Zach=-, 24 May 2013 - 06:06 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:41 AM

Nicely done! That cork looks great (except for the lack of support haha). The immelmann just needs to start rotating a little sooner, but thats it. Your supports before you ran out of pieces were good (just try to get more triangles in there for support), so I'm not worried for when you get your next SS :).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#8 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

^ Thanks a lot! I have now built tube supports on the corkscrew with what I had left. I will get to the immelmann next! :)

Posted Image

#9 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

UPDATE! Alright I think i fixed the supports on the corkscrew with tubes. Also I am probably going to get a Rippin Rocket instead of a screamin serpent. It comes with more support pieces. Here are some pics
Posted Image
from a different angle
Posted Image
And another angle :)
Posted Image
Thanks for the help!
comment please! :) :) :)

Posted Image

#10 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

i'm liking the flow of this coaster. but the exit of the corkscrew looks a bit too tight try to fix this..

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting

#11 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

inbetween the immelmann and corkscrew there is a bump that can be fixed and the exit of the corkscrew can be smoothed out like ^ said. The supports for the corkscrew look better.

Posted Image

#12 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

wow great start. I love the drop , although I do agree about what josh monster said about the exit of the corkscrew. Also about the straight spot in between the immelmann. I f you fix that then you will be good, anyways
if you fix all that , then you should be set.

#13 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

^ Thanks! I will work on the immelmann and cork tomorrow.

Posted Image

#14 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

UPDATE!
Alright this is just going to be verbal I reshaped the immelmann and now the pivot point is earlier in the inversion. Also I smoothed out the cork and turn so there are not sharp spots!
Also I have a name: Atlas (What do you think?)
Please comment :) :) :)

Edited by -=Zach=-, 30 May 2013 - 07:27 AM.

Posted Image

#15 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

well so far so good since you fixed that cork everything is good. As far as the name goes I think it sounds cool.

#16 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

^ Thanks! I think I will go with it then :)

Posted Image

#17 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

Hello again all! It's been way too long and i'm sorry for the delay. I have recently purchased and received a rippin rocket and have added on to this coaster! Before you look at the pics Please note that the exit of the cobra roll is not finished and will be smooth anyways,

Posted Image

now for this launch I will be using boosters. Just need to modify them ;)

Posted Image

Cobra Roll!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comment please! :):):)

Posted Image

#18 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

Resident Nolimits 2 Expert

• 761 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

Looks really nice! Maybe make the pullout on the exit a little bigger.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[18-07, 09:16] SCM: I only see 14 inversions. There's supposed to be 14 inversions.

STEEL VENOM - DRAGON - JAWHARP - ARMAGEDDON - ICE - CEREBUS - DIABLO - STEEL VENOM - THE REVENGE - CLIFFHANGER - FALCON - SMILER - ALTON TOWERS

Construction zone:

None

#19 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

^ yeah I thought the same thing. I will fix that before the next update :). For the my first cobra roll, it didn't actually turn out horrible!

Posted Image

#20 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

Here is a crappy quality test
Posted Image

Posted Image