2014 coaster invert island kings

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

Hey guys, so I was riding firehawk today at Kings island and I was talking to one of the workers. He said the new coaster will most likely be called banshee, (obviously,) and that it was going to be a B&M invert!! But not only that, Its going to be the tallest invert in the world! So excited! So on this thread post any new info about it you can find so are brains can eat it up!
:):):)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#2 coasterdude1216

coasterdude1216

Shoobie

• 55 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:47 PM

Invert? Interesting. He's probably wrong. It's almost assuredly going to be a B&M Giga, because King's Island's Facebook page posted a picture of Diamondback (a mega) with the caption "If you love something, you want more of it." Which means it's also going to be of the mega/giga family of B&M's.

#3 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

Lets hope that's true! Even though an invert would be good I'd rather have a giga like Leviathan. Guess well have to find out!

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#4 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:13 AM

KI is keeping this coaster very tight under wraps. I doubt a employee would overhear something or see blueprints. It's all spectulation right now. Screamscape said a wing rider, yet Matt Ouimet did a interview stating there is no wing rider in the plans for 2014. Read this topic for more info:) :Kings Island 2014- New coaster? - Nolimits-Exchange.com Forum

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#5 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:51 AM

If I would work at a theme park I would make things up when I talk to people that are obvious roller coaster fanatics. ;)

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#6 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

If I would work at a theme park I would make things up when I talk to people that are obvious roller coaster fanatics. ;)

Hahaha. That's such a horrible thing to do, but funny at the same time.

Posted Image

#7 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

Based on footings so far, I am completely convinced that this is a large B&M invert. I'm think it is an invert because 1) the brake run and station footings are all in pairs, but separated too far to be of the vertical with a diagonal variety; and 2) there are a pair of long, parallel, rectangular footings with two support connections that look to be for the base of a lift hill. The reason I think it'll be a large coaster is that the storage shed footings show room for 3 storage tracks across for 3 trains.

Darn, I was on the B&M giga bandwagon...

SSCoasters Staff

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#8 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

Spoiler

Banshee seems legit.

Hey. What if it's a wingrider?

#9 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

Is there a picture of the footers you are talking about?

#10 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

I don't have any pics with me. But I will be going back in a few days :)

Posted Image

#11 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

It must be something big if they're starting it this early.

#12 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

Now to Valleyfair, where nothing is happening...

Haha, anyways I can't make any guesses right now, each coaster type being rumored has a equal chance if being what they are building.

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu

#13 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

Banshee will most definitely be the name, Cedar Fair trademaked it back in April.

I would be stoked with a massive invert, my money is still on Giga though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#14 BubbleMan 32714

BubbleMan 32714

V Cube Solver

• 717 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

Nothing on rcdb.com
Kings Island (Kings Mills, Ohio, USA)
If their were a new ride it would say the name and next to it would say under construction but nothing yet. But like Stig said it must be big to start so early with those footers in place.

Not even on coastergallery.com

CoasterGallery.com -- Kings Island (formerly Paramount's Kings Island)

If this is the worlds tallest invert I would love to visit the park next summer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

RCDB doesn't update its site until its officially announced. If your looking to find out about the ride before its announced, Screamscape is the place to look.

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

#16 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:41 PM

Here's a picture showing my thoughts from my post above.

Posted Image
Original image from CoasterFusion

Green box is the storage building (3 across).
Red box is the transfer track.
Blue is the brake run.
Purple is the station.
You can also see the two large footers next to the cement truck for what I believe will be footings for the base of the lift.

Edited by pkiknex25, 08 June 2013 - 11:47 PM.

SSCoasters Staff

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#17 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:21 AM

Here's a picture showing my thoughts from my post above

Posted Image
Original image from CoasterFusion

Green box is the storage building (3 across).
Red box is the transfer track.
Blue is the brake run.
Purple is the station.
You can also see the two large footers next to the cement truck for what I believe will be footings for the base of the lift.

That seems pretty legit TBH to bad america is that far away.

#18 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

Resident Nolimits 2 Expert

• 761 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:34 PM

I don't know, but I feel as if this will have purple track, black supports, Have New Inverted Coaster Trains and is gonna be called Banshee, The Longest Inverted coaster in the world, It will have 7 inversions, including a batwing, and no MCBR, I wonder if I'll be right...

Edited by TheCodeMaster, 09 August 2013 - 10:29 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[18-07, 09:16] SCM: I only see 14 inversions. There's supposed to be 14 inversions.

STEEL VENOM - DRAGON - JAWHARP - ARMAGEDDON - ICE - CEREBUS - DIABLO - STEEL VENOM - THE REVENGE - CLIFFHANGER - FALCON - SMILER - ALTON TOWERS

Construction zone:

None

#19 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

If those two long boxes are footers for the base of the lift, then look at the footer just before it (the one with that the guy in the red shirt is touching).
Notice how it's offset from the center of the lift? I think PKI's right. All clues point to Inverted.
Also note the direction of the lift. Will the drop be over Adventure Express? Probably not, but it's a possibility.

Edited by The Stig, 10 June 2013 - 12:27 PM.

#20 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

I have no idea what this could be, but all rumours are pointing at a B&M.

Posted Image