2014 coaster invert island kings

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:13 AM

When I first saw the plans from last week, I was skeptical about how drawn out everything appeared, but now that the renderings are out, I see why it looked that way. The size of every element is ridiculous, and it makes the coaster stand out over any other invert. And it's all thanks to KI's unique terrain. I mean, a 208 foot height differential is insane, and it will show when it hits 68 mph in the bottom of the batwing. I disagree with Old Hag, because Banshee is going to be flying through this course from the drop up to the inline twist, which I much prefer over a too snappy corkscrew that are usually found on inverts. And that final helix looks really intense from the tight radius. I also love the absence of the MCBR. I can't think of anything wrong with this ride at all. I was a little skeptical with the quality that an invert would bring, but man, was I so wrong.

The theming looks great, and I really hope it shows up in the end. The color scheme is very striking and fits the theme perfectly. The logo is really slick, and I want to buy a t-shirt just for that alone.

As for the event itself, the night time setting was incredible and really built up the ride. The lights to Delirium and Drop Tower were turned off at 9:30 and the only lights in the area were some faint stage lighting, cameras, and some scenery they already had out. The did a great job with their music selection for the last half hour, and the Banshee shrieks (the one from the video, but much louder) every 15 minutes were chilling to the bone. And naturally, all this was in a fog that made Action Zone look like an early Halloween Haunt. After the event was over, they shot off the fireworks and opened up the ice cream stall next door and the gift store with a few racks of Banshee merchandise already out. Not only am I impressed with the ride, but the event was very enjoyable and exciting. Kings Island knows how to put on a big event.

Edited by pkiknex25, 09 August 2013 - 01:15 AM.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#42 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:14 AM

Sick! Even above my expectations!

#43 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:26 AM

Lol they finally get to use the Banshee name.

Ride looks sweet. Always have loved inverted roller coasters. Hopefully this starts a trend of bringing them back.

#44 Joost12

Joost12

Knex Freak

• 274 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

I totally missed this, but wow. That layout looks awesome! This makes me wanting to build an inverted coaster haha..

Posted Image

#45 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

That zero g looks absolutely insane. It'll really give some great feelings

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#46 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

I think that the overview picture is going to be my new screensaver/desktop picture! I wonder how the batwing is going to feel like. I can't wait to ride this in the next year or so!

#47 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

I currently have the main photo of the Ride Information page as my desktop background. Now that I've given myself some time to digest all the information from last night, I'll post my thoughts.

- My biggest concern at the moment is whether they'll be filling the supports and track with sand. It seems like every ride nowadays gets the sand treatment, but I would love to see them keep the B&M roar.
- This thing is massive. I don't think people realize that it sits on a 60-70 vertical foot tall hill. The elements, especially the pretzel loop, will rival Alpengeist's size.
- Speaking of Alpengeist, I'm expecting Banshee to be as intense, if not more intense, than its older sister in Williamsburg. Hopefully the animations hold and it ends up being as fast paced in real life.
- If designed right, the 0-g roll may be the single greatest inversion currently in existence. The exit looks to be a good 40 feet lower than the entrance so that drop out of it has the chance to be airtime city.
- I really like how B&M is coming out of their shells a little bit. It's noticeable on the wing coasters, but their trying new things really stands out with Banshee. Their rides aren't quite as traditional as in years past and that'll more than likely help them in the long run.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#48 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

Maarten, up for another insane terrain invert recreation? This thing is epic.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#49 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

I hope those POV renders are an advanced view of what NL2 can do ;)

#50 RideOnKI

RideOnKI

BANNED

• 233 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

I know one thing for sure: This thing will be hauling ass throughout its course with the lack of a Mid Course Brake Run.

#51 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

I went to King's Island today

I bring back coaster pr0n for you

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

See the rest of Banshee (with pictures from the Eiffel Tower) and more here- http://bit.ly/1dJlaff

#52 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

They finished the dive loop on her:
Posted Image

I'll post the picture of the completed one tomorrow, couldn't find a picture of it completed.

#53 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

https://pbs.twimg.co...AYtUm.jpg:large

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#54 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:29 AM

That would be a nice plummet towards the ground from that high up, I'm talking about the ride, not the workers. In case you thought I was a crazy psycho.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#55 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

And here is another cool one that Kings Island posted on Twitter:
Posted Image

#56 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

And in relevant news, Kings Island has announced that Flight Deck (aka Top Gun) will receive a repaint and retheme for the 2014 season. Orange track, two different shades of black/charcoal for the supports, and black trains.

Spoiler

Edited by pkiknex25, 30 October 2013 - 12:46 AM.

SSCoasters Staff

#57 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

Alright, that's cool. Bringing back the Bat (or at least the name) to the park should be neat.

Posted Image

#58 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

Ooooo I wonder that will look like!

EDIT: Kings Island just posted this on their facebook page:
Posted Image

Edited by timtimlaz, 30 October 2013 - 04:27 PM.

#59 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

Sweet. KI is going to give my favorite ride some attention. Way to go, ex-Paramount parks for taking such good care of your Arrow suspendeds.

#60 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

For a quick update, track was completed quite a while ago...

Posted Image

However, with station and ride systems work progressing nicely, Kings Island has stated testing will begin very soon (possibly within the week), as Ohio commences to warm up. :)