Busch Gardens Williamsburg

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

So a little while ago I went to Busch Gardens Williamsburg. We stayed there for two days, but only because that's how long it took us to do everything. We were originally planning to go for five days. This was my first time riding big coasters, and I must say they were a lot less intimidating than I expected them to be. Believe it or not, I don't make a sound when riding a coaster. I find screaming embarrassing, haha. Yeah, I had a good time, a few parts here and there when I had to be around a large group of people- very stressful and scary for a shy person like me, but other than that, it was a really fun time. I miss it already. Note: My camera sucks with lighting, which is why some pictures will look weird. Picture time!
Apollo Chariot's lift hill from right before you get into the drive-thru or whatever it's called:
Posted Image
I'll get back to that coaster later. Just so this is in a nice, organized way, I'm going to talk about the coasters in order as I rode them. First up, Loch Ness Monster.
Posted Image
I should've waited half a second later:
Posted Image
I have more pictures, but they're just of the interlocking loops so, yeah. So, this coaster was the least intense. I was a little scared to go on it, though. There was just so many complaints I have with this ride. First off, the lift hill is awkward. It slows and speeds up every few seconds. The ride is fairly smooth, though. The tunnel, I could definitely touch the walls if I wanted to. It was only a couple of inches away from me, right? That's not very safe. I only rode this two times because of that.
Verbolten
Train going into the station:
Posted Image
Would this be called a pre-launch section?
Posted Image
Posted Image
The nicest looking curve in the park:
Posted Image
This drop was fun:
Posted Image
Yeah this was a fun ride. I went on it 3 times. There was this one part I didn't expect- you just randomly dropped about ten feet at 0ยบ. The outside section of it reminds me of RCT2 coasters for some reason. The inside scenery was pretty cool as well. I really don't have any complaints at all for this ride.
Griffon (this is where the lighting worsens)
That logo:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
When I first rode this, I was unsure of myself going up the lift. I was slightly nervous, but then I found out this really isn't that bad. I rode this 8 times, it's so much fun and the ride capacity is the best in the park. Front seat is the best place, especially on this ride. I have virtually no complaints to this.
Alepngeist
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
This ride was pretty fun, rode it 4 times. It has the best variety of inversions, and is my first ever B&M invert. The drop feels amazing, it's as if you're not even dropping. This also looks very nice, and I just love the themeing for this ride. Everything is perfect, until I mention that two seconds of the ride- right before the MCBR. It sort of throws your head to the side, and before you can recover, you're past the MCBR. The corkscrew always surprised me even though I knew it was coming.
Apollos Chariot
All I took of this was the lift hill, which I already showed a picture of, and the brakerun, which I don't think is worth showing without other pictures of the coaster, but the trees were always in the way! Grrr! Anyway, this ride had lovely air time, especially in the first two camelbacks. I almost got to ride this in the front row, but then we had to leave due to the park closing.
So that's my trip thread, I would've taken more pictures but the lighting is discouraging to me. I'd like to share with you guys the dream I had about Griffon. So I was going to the right most side of the front row, and when I put the restraint over me, it wasn't saying down. All other riders were getting their restraints pulled down, and mine wasn't working. A staff member tried to push it down, but with no luck. He was just like "Well, whatever," and then he gave me some invisible tape and was like, "Here, just put a few pieces of tape on it, that'll do." I then woke up after that.
Edit:
@2015ASM; Thanks, I thought it wasn't that good for some reason. I mean that it's my first time riding coasters that aren't family coasters, lol. I've only been to Disney, and you can't really call any coaster there a big coaster IMO.

Edited by SCM, 23 June 2013 - 05:28 PM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#2 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

Nice Report SCM! But what do you mean its your first time riding big roller coasters? Haven't you been to a real amusement park before?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem