• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

Hello everyone!
I haven't started breaking down Timbuktu yet, and I was bored. So I decided to build Sky Tower (Six Flags Magic Mountain) from wood. It will be used for my next project.

Posted Image

;):P:):D

Posted Image

#2 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

I think I have an idea what coaster you are going to build next if this has something to do with it.

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting

#3 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

^ If I get what you're saying, then... SO MUCH YES! It looks great so far. What is Sky Tower exactly?

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#4 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

I think I have an idea what coaster you are going to build next if this has something to do with it.

Pssst, don't tell anyone. ;)

^ If I get what you're saying, then... SO MUCH YES! It looks great so far. What is Sky Tower exactly?

Thanks! Sky tower is a huge red tower in Six Flags Magic Mountain. This is a picture of it:
Posted Image

There has been quite a lot of progress on the tower.
Posted Image
Posted Image
To give it more stability.
Posted Image
I will build the top of the Sky Tower (from where the audience can look down on Six Flags Magic Mountain) on top of this.
Posted Image
So this is the only part of the tower I still need to build.
Posted Image

:);):D:P

Posted Image

#5 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

I only knew this from RCT2 :) It looks very very nice and realistic

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

#6 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

I know what your going to build next... Very nice job so far! Looks very detailed.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#7 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

Looks very accurate, Helmer! I have two ideas of what you're gonna build next...

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#8 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

It does look quite accurate. And so it's an observation tower? In the videos of Tatsu I saw it and that what I though it was but i wasn't sure.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#9 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

That looks absolutely awesome! :D

Posted Image

#10 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

I'm not a fan of the corners of the tower, maybe you can think of a way to neaten them up a little. There is a clear gap showing in the 3rd picture of your last update that stands out a bit too much. Maybe you can find some square rods that fit neatly into those corners to add a bit more depth.

Edited by Maxlaam, 19 June 2013 - 12:43 PM.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

Those corners should be easy to fill in. I wonder why no one has tried that before? Anywag' good luck on the build!

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

Coaster Count: 215

#12 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

It's been a while since someone has attempted a recre of what i think you're doing next (pretty sure swimzone tried it at one stage?) Good luck man! And the tower looks awesome!

#13 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

^Not sure what I did to earn that much merit, but I did build a crane once which could be what you're thinking of? Looks really cool anyways, I like the use of materials asides k'nex. Is this going to have any moving parts?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#14 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

I only knew this from RCT2 :) It looks very very nice and realistic

Thanks!

I know what your going to build next... Very nice job so far! Looks very detailed.

Don't tell anyone... ;)

Looks very accurate, Helmer! I have two ideas of what you're gonna build next...

Thank you! About which two coasters are you doubting?

It does look quite accurate. And so it's an observation tower? In the videos of Tatsu I saw it and that what I though it was but i wasn't sure.

Yes, it is an observation tower. People go up there with an elevator.

That looks absolutely awesome! :D

Thanks!

I'm not a fan of the corners of the tower, maybe you can think of a way to neaten them up a little. There is a clear gap showing in the 3rd picture of your last update that stands out a bit too much. Maybe you can find some square rods that fit neatly into those corners to add a bit more depth.

I don't really mind the edges to be honest. I think it will be pretty hard to neaten them up in a good-looking way. I decided to leave the edges the way they are. I hope you still like it!

Those corners should be easy to fill in. I wonder why no one has tried that before? Anywag' good luck on the build!

If I wouldn't recreate what I am going to recreate, I would never build that tower either. :P

It's been a while since someone has attempted a recre of what i think you're doing next (pretty sure swimzone tried it at one stage?) Good luck man! And the tower looks awesome!

Thanks!

^Not sure what I did to earn that much merit, but I did build a crane once which could be what you're thinking of? Looks really cool anyways, I like the use of materials asides k'nex. Is this going to have any moving parts?

Thank you! No, I won't build the lifts. That would be very tough and probably not worth the effort.

I finished the platform and I put it on top of the tower. Tomorrow I will move the tower outside so I can shoot more and better pictures. Two pictures of the completed Sky Tower from Six Flags Magic Mountain!

Posted Image
No worries Dutchies, our flag is on the other side of the American flag.
Posted Image

:):P:D;)

Posted Image

#15 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

Where's the belgian flag :)

anyways this looks very good. I like the ducttape used as glass.

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

#16 BubbleMan 32714

BubbleMan 32714

V Cube Solver

• 717 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

One word: PERFECT.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#17 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

That is amazing! I wish I could have that for my room. It looks perfect right now, don't change a thing:) I can't wait to see your next coaster whatever it might be!

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#18 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

That really looks amazing! I can't wait to see it standing next to your upcoming build. :)

Posted Image

#19 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

Where's the belgian flag :)

anyways this looks very good. I like the ducttape used as glass.

Thanks! I agree, it came out pretty well.

One word: PERFECT.

Thank you!

That is amazing! I wish I could have that for my room. It looks perfect right now, don't change a thing:) I can't wait to see your next coaster whatever it might be!

Thanks Knexrule! I will move it to my building room soon. When I finished my next coaster, the tower is not necessarily needed anymore. I don't think I have enough space on my bedroom for it, so it will probably stay in the room next to my building room.

That really looks amazing! I can't wait to see it standing next to your upcoming build. :)

Thank you!

The weather wasn't perfect today, but good enough to shoot some nice pictures of the Sky Tower. The tower is 225 cm tall, which is approximately 7,5 feet.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Almost looks real ;)
Posted Image

:D

Edited by Helmut, 23 June 2013 - 11:08 AM.

Posted Image

#20 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

Woo I love the tower dude can I get excited now please start building your next coaster now too make sure the lift is tall to for the long and kind of hard layout to I think!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sky tower helmut